Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

About an hour long. Straight forward with basic questions. Deep dive on six sigma processes. The interview was a group panel at one of their locations. It was a telepresence interview. Everyone was nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

I was asked a series of behavioral questions (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Some questions had to do with how to handle unhappy employees who had problems with their schedule. I was well qualified but didn’t get the job probably because the manager was looking for someone with specific experience. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who doesn’t like his schedule?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied directly on the website after viewing hiring information on a career website. Application was pretty short being that you give general information and uploading a resume. 1 week later I received an email for a phone interview. I found another job at the time so I did not schedule for the phone interview. 3 weeks later a recruiter contacted me and asked if I was still interested, I said yes being that I was on the spot. Phone interview latest 15 minutes, she briefly went over job description, pay, benefits, and my recent experience. I was very attracted to the salary, commission, and benefits so I decided to proceed in the application process. I completed 2 different test the same day as the phone interview. 1 was behavioral and another being a skills test. I passed both and the recruiter contacted me the same day in reference to "Beefing Up" my resume. She was Extremely helpful in the whole process. After phone interview, 2 test, resume building, and over-viewing my info I was contacted by a second recruiter. She briefly went over job description etc and asked if I was interested in a face to face interview on site. Face to face interview was scheduled the next day and I met with 2 gentlemen on site. Interview lasted roughly 20 minutes with 10 "STAR" questions. These questions were behavioral and situation designed. Interview went pretty well and they informed me that a recruiter will contact me in up to 2 weeks. I heard from the same recruiter the next day offering me the position. I accepted the offer and was contacted via email in regards to a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a customer kept refusing services from you in a sales process and how did you handle it. Name a time when you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you resolve the situation. Keep in mind with every question you must provide a beginning, middle, and end to each answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Very professional and thorough interview process. I was contact about a week after applying online. I did a phone interview, then online assessment, then one more phone interview and finally a face to face panel interview. The online assessment was a math and personality test and then the second assessment was a simulation call center day of training and phone calls. They use the STAR format for their interviewing. BE PREPARED!

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time when a policy changed and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Risk Management Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Cox manager but I was originally found through a contractor. I have no complaints about the process. It went pretty fast. From beginning to end I think it was 2 weeks. I had no idea what I was getting into with a contracting company but so far so good. They give you the standard drug screen and do the background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really a negotiation per say. I was originally offered $11/hr more than what I accepted at because there was some administrative error. That seriously irritated me but not much I can do about that.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Get a phone interview asking about experience. Get an in person interview talking about the sales portion of the job- because it is actually the most important part. This is a sales position with a very reasonable, low take rate, that includes some tech support troubleshooting. And yes, there is a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with this job being heavily reliant on your sales quotas?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

It was an open interview. People were supposed to show up at between certain hours. I was taken into an empty room, and was asked very few questions. After asking me about what state I moved from. After the interviewer said he would contact me and seemed very enthusiastic, but he never did.

Interview Questions

• Do you know so and so from Utah?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Friendly HR Rep. we spoke for about 30min or so about our backgrounds & experiences. She said that my background and experience was well suited for the job but would be better suited for Project Manager. Everything seemed to go well but, after the interview I never heard from her again regarding the job but, I did get an invite via Linkedin a few weeks later and noticed she was working HR for a different company.

Interview Questions

• What type of management process or methodologies I use to accomplish tight deadlines and motivate people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 kids in shorts. I had more job experience than they have had life. They asked about 4 or 5 random questions that had nothing to do with experience.

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online it took a while before I heard anything back. I finally received an email to schedule an interview with a recruiter, was about 5-10 minutes. She then sent me two assessments. About 2 business days later i received an email for a second phone interview. It was about 10 minutes and she asked about my background and a few behavioral questions to practice the STAR method. The class started in less then 2 weeks so she had me come in that same day for an in person interview. She said I would be interviewing with a panel, that made me a bit nervous. However when I arrived it was just with one gentleman (I assume because my interview was just before 5pm and everyone was already leaving.) and he was very nice and tried to make everything as comfortable as possible. We went over my resume, and asked about 5 behavioral questions referencing again the STAR method. They seemed to be common behavioral questions, however asked in a slightly different way that none of my prepared and typical answers were used. There was a role play at the end where you pretend to be a cox employee taking a call from the interviewer. He will leave the room and call you. It was a little difficult but overall i think it went well. Received a call the following morning from the 2nd recruiter I had spoken with extending me a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you have brought to a past company that you could bring to us?   Answer Question