Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.9

Interview

Hiring process was pretty fast i applied on indeed three days later I received an email saying there were interested in moving forward with the process I then received an invitation for an hour assessment test witch wasn't to difficult basic assessment were their trying to confuse you buy just pay attention to the questions after finishing my assessment I emailed the recruiter who contacted me and seemed pretty anxious for me to finish the assessment and let her know I completed it her response was thank you and twenty mins later I received a phone call saying I had passed the assessment and they were ready for the phone interview phone interview was about twenty mins long and very helpful for my face to face interview which was scheduled the very next day the face to fact was a star interview so please br prepared to answer your question in that format it was concluded by having to role play I was extremely nervous they seemed to take the job pretty serious and but overall I felt the interview went great later that evening the recruiter called and let me offered me the job I'm very excited training starts in a month

Interview Questions

• What's the first thing you do when your cable goes out   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Executive Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (West Warwick, RI).

Interview

I had a phone interview w/a local HR rep, but then was contacted by an HR rep in Atlanta, who seemed clueless when it came to doing her job, to do two face to face interviews, one of them with a VP. I was asked a series of STAR questions. I found it odd that the lengthy job description didn't state certain mandatory tasks were to be performed by the person in this position, but was repeatedly brought up and asked if I would be comfortable doing those tasks. I found the VP, who the position would be working for, to be a off-putting. She asked "Do you think you're smart?". Who would have the audacity to ask such a question during an interview? I knew I didn't want to work for someone like that.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted initially by recruiter, interviewed, sent link to do a test, contacted by second rude recruiter for an interview on the same day. This should have been a red flag. I arrived on time and noticed that the call center is in a not so great area here in Baton Rouge. It had cameras all over, an emergency phone in the parking lot and a cop walking a security beat in broad daylight. I arrived about ten minutes early, and waited fifteen minutes past my interview. Once in room, they asked me several different ways if I had an issue with punctuality or missing work. I thought this funny since I had been kept waiting for their arrival. It was a STAR interview done by two people, and they were serious about not deviating from the script. At one point they disagreed about a question they were asking of me.To say it seemed unprofessional was an understatement. They really seemed very worried about hitting goal, and not concerned at all about technical support. I am an experienced sales and customer service pro with verifiable references, so this was odd. I felt as if I was on the defense instead of appreciated for considering them for an employer. It may just be the nature of this type of interview. When the interview was concluded the woman who interviewed me made a comment about the area the call center was in. I think it was her way of warning me about working there as it was odd and came out of nowhere. They expect people to be there at midnight. As a female, I would be quite worried if I was there after dark. I was not offered the position, likely due to age discrimination or because of the safety issues. I am happy that I was not.

Interview Questions

• They use the STAR method. I personally think it's way to formulaic to really give a candidate the opportunity to express who they really are, instead they are way too worried about "answering" the questions "right". I am not really sure it helps them hire the best, just someone really great at interviewing.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

About an hour long. Straight forward with basic questions. Deep dive on six sigma processes. The interview was a group panel at one of their locations. It was a telepresence interview. Everyone was nice and friendly.

Call Center Operations Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

I was asked a series of behavioral questions (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Some questions had to do with how to handle unhappy employees who had problems with their schedule. I was well qualified but didn’t get the job probably because the manager was looking for someone with specific experience. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who doesn’t like his schedule?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied directly on the website after viewing hiring information on a career website. Application was pretty short being that you give general information and uploading a resume. 1 week later I received an email for a phone interview. I found another job at the time so I did not schedule for the phone interview. 3 weeks later a recruiter contacted me and asked if I was still interested, I said yes being that I was on the spot. Phone interview latest 15 minutes, she briefly went over job description, pay, benefits, and my recent experience. I was very attracted to the salary, commission, and benefits so I decided to proceed in the application process. I completed 2 different test the same day as the phone interview. 1 was behavioral and another being a skills test. I passed both and the recruiter contacted me the same day in reference to "Beefing Up" my resume. She was Extremely helpful in the whole process. After phone interview, 2 test, resume building, and over-viewing my info I was contacted by a second recruiter. She briefly went over job description etc and asked if I was interested in a face to face interview on site. Face to face interview was scheduled the next day and I met with 2 gentlemen on site. Interview lasted roughly 20 minutes with 10 "STAR" questions. These questions were behavioral and situation designed. Interview went pretty well and they informed me that a recruiter will contact me in up to 2 weeks. I heard from the same recruiter the next day offering me the position. I accepted the offer and was contacted via email in regards to a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a customer kept refusing services from you in a sales process and how did you handle it. Name a time when you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you resolve the situation. Keep in mind with every question you must provide a beginning, middle, and end to each answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the Cox website and had to complete an assessment upon submission. Two days later I received a call requesting another assessment be completed, which took roughly an hour. After completing the assessment I received a call from a recruiter who set me up with an in person interview and stated she would follow up with me to let me know if I would be continuing in the hiring process. I was interviewed by two supervisors who wrote down nearly every response I had. After the interview closed I was able to ask any questions I had. It seemed like a LONG interview from upon exiting, when signing out, it only took about 23 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome objectives to make a sale. Tell me about a time you had an irate customer and how you handled that. Tell me about a time a new policy or procedure was introduced that you were uncomfortable with, how did you adjust?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Very professional and thorough interview process. I was contact about a week after applying online. I did a phone interview, then online assessment, then one more phone interview and finally a face to face panel interview. The online assessment was a math and personality test and then the second assessment was a simulation call center day of training and phone calls. They use the STAR format for their interviewing. BE PREPARED!

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time when a policy changed and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had list of standard recruiting questions. Asked why I was interested in this position. Asked me questions regarding the project management life cycle, which phases were the most important and why. Asked me about the culture of the business, and what I thought about it. Asked me to summarize my background, and tell them why I would be a good fit for the position.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone call to set up interview in person on Deer Valley-on site. 2 people interviewed me.Zero questions about tech as this is a sales job. Lots of questions about sales.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand this is a sales position- not actual tech support?   1 Answer