Cox Communications

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.8

Retail Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in June 2009.

first i applied online, and then i got an email. i responded to the email and then they called me to do a phone interview. after the phone interview i went to the office to take a skills and personality test.after i passed the test, i was called in for a one on one interview. a few weeks later i got a call to offer me a position as long as i passed a drug and background test.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Communications in June 2011.

The questions i remember them asking were your basic interview questions such as "What did you enjoy most about your last job, and what did you hate most about your last job?" and "Tell me about a difficult situation you encountered with another coworker, how did you handle it?" and "What does customer service mean you to?"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a tough situation you had with another coworker at your previous job, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

takes about 1 month from your interview time to drug screening and background check and then about 2-3 weeks after that to hear a response

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult internal employee, what did you do, how did you handle the situation   Answer Question
    No negotiations ... $10.hr

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cox Communications in August 2008.

First you get called in to take an iq and personality test, then you come in again for a 1:1 interview, then you have to do a fake sale over the phone to the sales supervisor, and lastly the drug test.

Interview Questions
    Stay on your toes, they appreciate a job well done.

Technical Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in January 2009.

Behavioral interview

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in May 2007.

I had a screening and then I interviewed with two indiviuals to get the job. Its a basic behavorial type of interview forum.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to analyze data to resolve issue   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in October 2009.

-Personal interview
    -Interview with group
    -Offer

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your other job?   View Answer
    nothing

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in May 2010.

I initially applied on line and approximately a week later received a call asking if I was able to come in the following day for testing. There were several other individuals there for testing as well. The test was in 2 parts. There was a simulated phone section and a personality assessment section. The test was timed for an hr however, I was able to complete it within 30minutes, I found it to be pretty easy. The next day I received a call and was given a prelimenary Phone Interview, upon completion I was asked to return the following day for a face to face interview and interviewed with two management staff employees/recruiters. The interview was suppose to take 45minutes and instead lasted 1hr and 15mins. It was a very thorough interview and at the end I was asked to fill out forms granting them permission to do a background check and credit check. It took a month to hear anything back. Then I received a call with a job offer, and asking if I could take a drug screening w/i 48 hrs. Approximately two days later I received an emailed job offer and a hard copy in the mail a day later. There is a 5week training process, in my case, it was out of state, however your hotel is paid for if you chose not to do the 2 hour commute. The salary, benefits, compensation, commission, pension, and 401k are well worth the wait.

Interview Questions
    • They did role play during the interview where I had to pick a product and sell it to them, overcoming their objections.   Answer Question

Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in September 2010.

Two phone interviews - one with the recruiter + the other with the hiring manager - followed by an on-site interview with a panel and a sample 15-minute presentation to audience of 10-12 employees. Brief Q&A afterward followed by debrief. All in all, the process took almost 3 hours but required extensive preparation and practice.
    Overall, I would rate the experience as highly negative not so much because of the experience itself but because the entire process was a waste of time. They had an internal candidate who was already selected, but they had to go through the motions to make it look official. As a result, I wasted an afternoon that could have been spent pursuing more productive leads (i.e., ones that were actually open) AND the company probably wasted over a thousand dollars of employees' time making them meet with me when they already had made a selection. It would have been more professional to have simply stopped the process after my 2nd interview vs. making me go through the effort and preparation for a 3rd interview - a stressful panel one at that - and do a presentation geared toward their needs. Highly unethical, in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between training and consulting?   View Answer

Business to Business Tele-sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Smithfield, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Smithfield, RI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in September 2008.

They ask you about your past sales experience using the phone to sell. They ask what sale you made that made you proud.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you out of all our applicants?   View Answer
    • What sale were you the most proud of?   View Answer
    No negotiation they tell you what their set rate is.