Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.9

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Various questions about technical matters and customer service situations. Also, the STAR format of situational questions.

Cable Technician Interview

you must pass a drug screen and have no DUI past 5 years and no felonies.....Other than that its pretty easy to get hired...U work 5 days constantly and they will push u for 6 in the busy seasons...but i learned to take it while you can get it bc when the slow season comes ull wish u would have workd more when it was busy

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Converted to Full-Time after 2 years of contract work.

Interview Questions
    Offered less than my contract salary so I asked for more and got it.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

The process was simple, applied online via their career site, I received a letter inviting me to an in person interview. It was on a Friday and the hiring was very informal; it was unexpected. The culture is a tight knit one and with lots of politics to go around. Great new building with lots of amenities and very pleasant work environment.

Interview Questions
    • What was unexpected is that I was given a detail description of what I was going to be done on the role. I guess I got the job the moment I accepted the interview   Answer Question
    Negotiation was a close one, not much room for bargain. When considering an offer, always know your worth, your bottom line, and what similar jobs pay around your area.

Field Service Representative Interview

After a telephone interview I met with a recruiter. The next step was an extensive on-line assessment. Finally a job offer was made contingent on a positve background check and a negative urine drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • They use the STAR format for interviewing.   View Answer
    No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Call Volume Analyst (SAN Diego) Interview

After applying for a call volume analyst position, I received an initial phone interview. This interview took about 30 minutes and went well. I was asked to come in for an actual interview. I explained that my husband had an upcoming kidney transplant and i wouldn't be available until the following Monday. Well, there were complications and when I called to try to reschedule the interview for Tuesday instead of Monday, my request was denied. Needless to say, I do not care to work for a company that does not value human life.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Some tests online ever been in a call center you shoudl be fine

Interview Questions
    they have a strait pay rate they start you out

Technical Support Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

The interview started with an initial fielding call from the recruiter. I was asked some basic questions about my resume. There was specific questioning regarding sales achievements and team motivation. I was advised that I would need to complete a leadership assessment test that would take about an hour. If I was successful I would be considered for next steps. Once in the interview process, all questions to the panel were behavior based: Situation/Task/Action/Result.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give a time when you had to incentive your team to reach monthly revenue goals? What was method? How did you measure your success?   Answer Question
    The initial offer was quite low. I was able to negotiate about 7% above the initial offer.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

For the initial interview, the questions were typical and hiring manager used a question template for many questions. Was not informed that HR rep would be present during interview. This was not an issue but the candidate should have been informed.

Second interview was with more senior management. The interview was in the hiring manager's office with the hiring manager present and one of the senior leaders on the telephone. The interview should have been in a conference room with proper microphone setup to allow for better communication. Also, the interview should have been without the hiring manager since questions were redundant.

Sales Representative Interview

1 phone screen two interview with different supervisor.

based salary and commission

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!