Cox Communications

2.8

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cox Communications.

HR was very nice. But did not interviewed with HR, rather, directly to the manager and one person who works in the team. No easy behavior questions, and you need to quickly come up with solutions about data analysis. Did not talk about anything from resume.

Interview Questions
    • They said was STAR question in the email, but actually basically no behavior questions.
      Asked how to deal with data in certain situtations.

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in January 2011.

Applied online via Cox website contacted by HR shortly afterwards and came in and completed pre- screen interview Computer testing. Contacted for second interview with HR panel to screen candidates with further Q&A'S.

Interview Questions
    • How many words can you type per minute?
      How would you deal with a customer who had questions regarding their billing statement?
      How and when would you escalate a call (if necessary) to a lead associate and/or Manager?

Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in February 2014.

Initially submit the application online. Received a call and had a telephone interview. Was asked the typical questions about experience, etc. Then came in for an in person interview and did a with one roleplay of the managers acting as a caller. A week later got the offer sheet and start date.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing too difficult. The roleplay might be difficult for those who are comfortable with cross selling as you are expected to transition into that after you finish troubleshooting.   Answer Question
    Was giving the starting rate

Customer Retention Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in January 2015.

The initial call by he recruiter was great very enthusiastic and friendly the actual interview in person was just two people uninterested in communication and just asking the scheduled questions on the paper

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to get use to a new policy or procedure that wasn't easy what did you do and how   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Got a call from the company recruiter after receiving my resume. This was followed by a phone interview with hiring manager and then company visit for interviews with about 5 people in the organization.

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in January 2015.

Application process took 2 weeks. Got called in for an interview basic questions in STAR format. Like, Tell me a time where you had an angry customer and how did you handle to situation? Interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I do not have anything to say about this process. I just want to submit a review for a worthy employee, and I am being forced to complete additional forms. I am not interested in a contest or winning $500. I simply just want to submit my review.

N/A

Account Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in June 2011.

Was called in for an interview two weeks after making application. Interview was conducted in a conference room with nine members of management. I was totally caught off guard and not prepared for meeting with a counsel.

Interview Questions
    • Why, while enjoying a good job, would I want to apply with Cox, in retrospect, the question was the answer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Phone interview with HR, interview conducted with group of supervisors, and then role-play scenario directly followed the interview with supervisors. You will be contacted a few days after if selected for the position. STAR method on behavioral based questions is the preferred method.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay was the most stressful, trying to sell a product you've never sold before.   Answer Question

Order Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

I applied online and a couple of days later I had a phone interview with an HR recruiter. A week later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. In the confirmation email I was provided with links to the STAR interview format and told to review this. My in-person interview was with three people. The interview lasted 30 minutes. All questions asked were behavior based questions. I found it exhausting to have to think of a situation for every question that was asked. It would have been nice to have a mixture of interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were unexpected as they were asking about specific scenarios from your past and the end result.   Answer Question