Cox Communications

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.8

Senior Manager Interview

Got a call from the company recruiter after receiving my resume. This was followed by a phone interview with hiring manager and then company visit for interviews with about 5 people in the organization.

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in January 2015.

Application process took 2 weeks. Got called in for an interview basic questions in STAR format. Like, Tell me a time where you had an angry customer and how did you handle to situation? Interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I do not have anything to say about this process. I just want to submit a review for a worthy employee, and I am being forced to complete additional forms. I am not interested in a contest or winning $500. I simply just want to submit my review.

N/A

Account Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in June 2011.

Was called in for an interview two weeks after making application. Interview was conducted in a conference room with nine members of management. I was totally caught off guard and not prepared for meeting with a counsel.

Interview Questions
    • Why, while enjoying a good job, would I want to apply with Cox, in retrospect, the question was the answer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Phone interview with HR, interview conducted with group of supervisors, and then role-play scenario directly followed the interview with supervisors. You will be contacted a few days after if selected for the position. STAR method on behavioral based questions is the preferred method.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay was the most stressful, trying to sell a product you've never sold before.   Answer Question

Order Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

I applied online and a couple of days later I had a phone interview with an HR recruiter. A week later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. In the confirmation email I was provided with links to the STAR interview format and told to review this. My in-person interview was with three people. The interview lasted 30 minutes. All questions asked were behavior based questions. I found it exhausting to have to think of a situation for every question that was asked. It would have been nice to have a mixture of interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were unexpected as they were asking about specific scenarios from your past and the end result.   Answer Question

UHT Proficient Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

I was called a week after submitting my application to come in for and assessment. After that, I was notified that I qualified for an interview, which was okay.

Interview Questions
    Fair. Base pay is average, but within a year, you get 2-3 dollars in raises after completing certifications.

Tech Support Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Asked me multiple questions about past situations and how the lessons can be applied, very easy and relaxed interview just discussing past work experience, nothing different from most. Applied through a job fair so the interview process will be a bit different. Waiting in line with dozens of other people and were sorted based on our preference and skills.

Interview Questions
    Told me the amount offered (same for all reps hired with me) and start date of training, asked if I accepted or not and that was it

Account Services Representative Interview

interviewed at Cox Communications in December 2014.

I applied online, half expecting a "Thank you for your interest" email, but instead, I was contacted by one of the recruiters. She wanted to set up a phone screening, and told me that I could call pretty much whenever I was free. The screening only took about 10 minutes, and afterwards, we set up a face-to-face interview. The interview was your standard "Describe a time when..." The interviewer was nice, and it didn't feel like one of those "cold interviews", when they sit there and write down your answers, not really caring about much else. I was very pleasantly surprised that almost as soon as I got home, I was called by the recruiter and offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • There was this part when you had to role-play as if you were on the phone with a customer. The interviewer leaves the room, and gives you about 10 minutes to prepare what you're going to say. You have to solve the customer's issue, as well as sell them an additional product if given the chance.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It was an entry-level position.

Universal Home Technician In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in November 2014.

Filled out an applications online and was contacted about a week later. The 3rd party recruiter was extremely friendly and helpful. I could not have gotten hired on without her. She told me about the interview process and what to expect and some other information on what to expect at the interview. I scheduled the interview for two days later. Tip: Wear a full suit and tie with a jacket. I really helped me stand out above the other 7 candidates there with me when I interviewed. The interview was formal but not uncomfortable, the interviewers were the two team leads for the town that I was interviewing to work for. The interview is based on the S/TAR format. Going into the interview knowing what this means is a huge help. They asked me about four or five formal questions then a few of their own. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where your priorities were not in the right order and how you learned from that experience.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation but the starting pay and benefits are great from the start so no need for negotiation.