Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.9

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

HR was very nice. But did not interviewed with HR, rather, directly to the manager and one person who works in the team. No easy behavior questions, and you need to quickly come up with solutions about data analysis. Did not talk about anything from resume.

Interview Questions

• They said was STAR question in the email, but actually basically no behavior questions.
      Asked how to deal with data in certain situtations.

Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process took about 1 hour. First I was interviewed by a human resource manager, asked questions about job history, education and experience with cable cords and Internet cables etc. next I was moved to another room to be interviewed by how they referred to as the human resource director. I walk into the room to find 2 guys at a desk waiting to interview me. They took turns asking me about myself and different questions in STAR interview format. If you don't know what this is please good it. It's better to be prepared than to be sitting there trying to think of a time when such n such happened while they're looking at you with their poker faces. I was asked what URL, DSL and http stood for and what a modem and router was. After this I shook both of their hands and thanked them for the opportunity and left like OMG... I really don't know how that went.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with an irate customer. How did you calm them down and what was the ending results?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Got a call from the company recruiter after receiving my resume. This was followed by a phone interview with hiring manager and then company visit for interviews with about 5 people in the organization.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, interview conducted with group of supervisors, and then role-play scenario directly followed the interview with supervisors. You will be contacted a few days after if selected for the position. STAR method on behavioral based questions is the preferred method.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay was the most stressful, trying to sell a product you've never sold before.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in January 2015.

Interview

The initial call by he recruiter was great very enthusiastic and friendly the actual interview in person was just two people uninterested in communication and just asking the scheduled questions on the paper

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to get use to a new policy or procedure that wasn't easy what did you do and how   Answer Question

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Application process took 2 weeks. Got called in for an interview basic questions in STAR format. Like, Tell me a time where you had an angry customer and how did you handle to situation? Interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

I was asked about my background, And asked how i handled upset customers. I did not have to do a mock phone call and try to sell anything, but everyone that i was in class with told me that they had to do it. And all of them had got the interviewing person to buy what was on the script they they were supposed to talk about and try to sell. But like i said i did not have to do that for my interview.

Interview Questions

• How i handled upset customers.How i got clients interested in buying things they did not already have (even though i was told this was NOT a sales position)   Answer Question

Order Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of days later I had a phone interview with an HR recruiter. A week later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. In the confirmation email I was provided with links to the STAR interview format and told to review this. My in-person interview was with three people. The interview lasted 30 minutes. All questions asked were behavior based questions. I found it exhausting to have to think of a situation for every question that was asked. It would have been nice to have a mixture of interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were unexpected as they were asking about specific scenarios from your past and the end result.   Answer Question

UHT Proficient Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

I was called a week after submitting my application to come in for and assessment. After that, I was notified that I qualified for an interview, which was okay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair. Base pay is average, but within a year, you get 2-3 dollars in raises after completing certifications.

Tech Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Asked me multiple questions about past situations and how the lessons can be applied, very easy and relaxed interview just discussing past work experience, nothing different from most. Applied through a job fair so the interview process will be a bit different. Waiting in line with dozens of other people and were sorted based on our preference and skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Told me the amount offered (same for all reps hired with me) and start date of training, asked if I accepted or not and that was it