Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.8

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Online application was a pain, e-mail from recruiter to set up phone, online and another phone interview. Online test can be taken from home. Keep in touch with your recruiter. Typical sales and customer services interview questions. Background check and drug test. Hiring paperwork. Training is two months. Hours need to be flexible.

Interview Questions
    • Typical sales and customer services interview questions.   Answer Question

Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

The hiring process is very professional. I applied through campus website and got a call from the HR manager. I had a phone interview and then another face to face interview with the Hiring Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Structured questions seemed to be lacking my capabilities. I didn't feel like my sales skills were being evaluated and I was being judged on an interview structure instead. Found out later I was passed up by another external person, this seems to be a trend with the company.

Communications Center Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in June 2014.

Interview is based on the STAR format. It was a Panel interview with 2 managers, and went by smooth and quick. Do not need to worry about eye contact since most of the time they are looking at their paperwork and taking notes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time, when you had to develop or inplement something new that impacted your department?   Answer Question

Uht Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Phone interview took about 15 minutes and was fairly easy followed by two person panel interview. Interview was easy but I was very overqualified. Was basically offered the position the same day and I accepted.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cox Communications.

First interview was with one person and second interview was with a panel of three. It lasted for about an hour and they each had their own questions.

Negotiated to be hourly instead of salary.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Must apply online, then take an online assessment, telephone interview, next is the drug test,set face to face interview with two managers and wait for a decision...can take up to 3 months

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you were right and the manager was wrong and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in May 2014.

Applied online to sales position around the third week of May and received a response rather quickly by email that I had been selected to move forward with the second phase of the process and have a phone interview. That was conducted on the 23rd of the same month. Next I was notified that I would be moving on again to the next phase which was two online assessment test that I completed and a face to face interview was then scheduled for the 30th of the May. The interview was done in the STAR format which I thought I did rather well at but I guess not as I was not hired! Was told that interviews would be conducted through Friday of the following week which would have ended on the 6th of June. Was also told that I would be contacted by HR Dept if chosen for the position which had a start date of 7-7-14. Well I waited and waited for a call that never came but continued to check my "job page" on the Cox homepage which still to this day shows that my application is "under consideration pending results of interview"!! That was last update was on 6-18-14........The job opening posted again right around the third week of June! Hmmmmmmm! Guess I wasn't what they were looking for! 10 years of sales experience wasn't good enough!

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult all just standard questions.   Answer Question

Manager Business Operations Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Initially emailed by a recruiter to set up phone screen. Recruiter did not call at the scheduled time. I followed up, spoke with the recruiter and passed the screen and was set up to phone interview with the hiring manager. Hiring Manager called 6 hours earlier than scheduled interview time. New time was set and again Hiring Manager called early by15 minutes. I do not know if this a tactic since I have been out of the interview game for awhile, 3 for 3 seems excessive.

With all the miscommunication at this stage in the process I was no longer interested in the position. I still went ahead with the interview, not my best performance. The Hiring Manager seemed genuinely friendly and very informative and had been with the company for awhile. They use the star method and ask a lot of tell me about a time when...nothing technical, did not test your knowledge or skill set at this stage.

Maybe I just had an unfortunate experience, first impressions are a two way street.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in April 2014.

I applied online at the end of March 2014. April 2 , 2014 I received an email stating that they wanted me complete an online resume. Then I received a phone call for an over the phone interview on March 7. Next I received an email for me to complete a two part assessment which included four mock call center calls and a personality assessment. Both were fairly easy. After the assessments I received a call on April 10, 2014 from a recruiting coordinator who did an over the phone screening and then he set me up with an in person interview which took place April 11, 2014. They used the STAR format of interviewing and asked about 7-10 different instances of previous work experiences for me to describe using the STAR format. After the interview the two interviewers left the room to discuss if I should move on to the next phase of the interview which is a mock phone call from one of the interviewers. They gave me a script to study for about 10 minutes. I passed the mock phone call and they told that HR would give me a call. HR called on April 14 to offer me the position. I had to complete online pre-employment forms, background check, and schedule the drug test immediately after completing those forms.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you prepare for a least 10 different work experiences using the STAR format and things should go smoothly during the in person interview.   Answer Question
    There were not any negotiations. She told me what the starting rate was for the position and sent me a formal offer letter.