Cox Communications

Very Easy Interview

Home Service Technician Interview

Home Service Technician
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cox Communications in February 2010.

Interview Details – Brief process. The company was desperate for people at the time I was hired. I had 10 years prior experience and was more than qualified for the open position which I was offered. The temporary placement company contracted by the employer actually did all the preliminary work, and the actual hiring interview was clearly just a formality.

Negotiation Details – None.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Chesapeake, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cox Communications in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy going. Phone interview then a test placement followed by interview

Interview Question – None common very basic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None take as is

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Customer Retention Representative

Interviewed at Cox Communications

Interview Details – Two interviews, then about a week for HR to contact you, and one month before training starts

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in March 2012.

Interview Details – Cox uses the STAR format. Situation Task Action Result. I find this an easy format to prepare for as most interviews go.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you couldn't meet a deadline?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – There was a little negotiation as I was transferring from within Cox from another city.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Technical Support Representative

Interviewed at Cox Communications

Interview Details – Behavioral questions name and time when blah blah blah

Interview Question – name a time when you went above and beyond?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in March 2010.

Interview Details – Can be a difficult interviewing environment. My experience with Cox has been mixed. They hired me twice for contract opportunities, but their interview style doesn't really serve them very well. Interviewers arrived with no understanding or agreement about the role they were interviewing for, and it was a group interview. So the questions were a wide variety, not very applicable to the role I was informed to expect. Interviewers at Cox are usually reluctant to share much info at the start of the interview, to put it in perspective. They just sort of jump in with their questions.

Interview Question – What I described above was the most difficult: fielding a variety of questions only loosely related to the job I was interviewing for, if at all. For example, on this interview for an integration architect, I got questions about ETL development, software release management, and database specifics.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was rapid and thorough. Interviewers were engaged throughout the interview process and complementary of previous work experience and strengths. It was a more relaxed approach to interviewing. They were quick to follow up post-interview and honest and forthright throughout the process. They knew their business and had it all together.

Interview Question – What were some of the negative aspects of your previous jobs; describe them and how you overcame the negativity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair.

Finance Director Interview

Finance Director
North Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in June 2012.

Interview Details – HR Recruiter contacted and had phone interview first and then interviews with the department

Interview Question – Panel Interview with 3 individuals that would potentially be on my team.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2010.

Interview Details – Long and extremely thorough which is good. If you are an outside candidate learn what the dynamic is and network with anyone you can. It's important to understand the telecommunications industry and its challenges. Be patient and don't give up on the HR team as they are terrific and helpful.

Interview Question – How can you make a difference?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long and stressful

Manager of Marketing Communications Interview

Manager of Marketing Communications
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cox Communications in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first, which went well. It was followed by two in-person interviews with the CMO and the CEO.