Cox Communications

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.8

Technical Support Representative Interview

Behavioral questions name and time when blah blah blah

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you went above and beyond?   View Answer

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cox Communications in March 2014.

I had to apply online at the company web site. I took the telephone interview, online skill assessment, then face to face interview. I agreed to a background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Specific occasions in detail when you provided excellent customer service and dealt with difficult customers.   Answer Question
    They give you an offer letter and ask you to sign it.

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Communications in March 2014.

Very flexible and easy going

Interview Questions
    rigid with little room for negotiation

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Hiring process was simple. two interviews with simple questions about past experience. No trick questions. After first interview called back in two days then hired the following week. Whole process from aplication to first day took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • they didn't try to get tricky, so their was nothing scary or stupid.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cox Communications in November 2013.

I worked with an HR Recruiter. He discussed my resume in-depth during the interview. It was a standard phone screen. I was contacted two days later by the hiring manager, again, it was a lot of resume and functional questions. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I suspect it was due in no small part to assuring that there was a personality fit. I can say that I was never really treated as an applicant but more as an equal or current employee. I was made to feel very welcomed. Hiring manager brought in a few of the peers that I would be interacting with, again it suspect it was to ensure the personality fit. They were very forthcoming and transparent as to what I could expect in the role. All in all I spent about 90 minutes on site. I wrapped up with the hiring manger who gave me a tour of the facility. This was by far the most pleasant interview that I ever took part in. I was contacted (2) days later by the recruiter and was offered the job, and of course I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were not really any difficult questions that were asked. All of the questions were really focused on the job. So it was one of those things that you know it if you know it and you were not able to fake your way through it. You will truly enjoy interviewing with this company.   View Answer
    Negotiation was not needed for this offer because I expressed what I was looking for and they not only met it but they exceeded it.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Standard

No passion for sales

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

I applied online. I was first called for an over the phone interview where I was asked questions according to the star method. After a week I was called back for in an person interview. I was interviewed by two people again using the star method. Everyone was very friendly and attentive. The office has a great atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a situation where you had to change your approach from what you originally wanted to do.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in October 2013.

You fill out an online application. If you know anyone that works there make sure to include their information because they get $500-700. After the initial app you have a phone interview, an interview at the office. You'll then either get an acceptance or rejection letter. Acceptance letter then leads to another phone interview which involves personality tests. Don't slack on this portion! Just because you have the acceptance letter doesn't mean you have the job. Not going to give you advice on the personality tests. After you pass this next phase of phone interview you take the drug test and sign the final paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • They use the STAR method of interviews. Make sure to google it. This is really important to getting the jog. Kind of caught me off guard because I hadn't interviewed in so long.   Answer Question
    None. Even though the ad says $12-15 they tell you in the first interview that it's $12 or no job.

Customer Service Team Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications.

In addition to completing an application, I had to submit at 30, 60 and 90 day plan.
    I had one group interview with two managers and one potential peer.
    The questions were traditional...what makes you the right person for the job, etc.

Interview Questions
    Not much. The offer was black and white with a promise of sales commission bonus based on team performance.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Phone pre-screen followed by multiple panels of behavioral interviews

great offer was presented