Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day for a phone screening. She called me later that day and I did an online assessment which I finished and passed. I had my interview two days later. The interview was at the corporate office and it was done with a store manager and district manager. The interview was mostly STAR questions and situations. They opened the floor for questions for me. I didn't hear from them for 18 days. I finally got a rejection email after emailing the recruiter twice and asking for feedback. Quite disappointed I didn't get the job, but oh well life goes on.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Online application was a pain, e-mail from recruiter to set up phone, online and another phone interview. Online test can be taken from home. Keep in touch with your recruiter. Typical sales and customer services interview questions. Background check and drug test. Hiring paperwork. Training is two months. Hours need to be flexible.

Interview Questions

• Typical sales and customer services interview questions.   Answer Question

Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The hiring process is very professional. I applied through campus website and got a call from the HR manager. I had a phone interview and then another face to face interview with the Hiring Manager.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Orange, CA).

Interview

Structured questions seemed to be lacking my capabilities. I didn't feel like my sales skills were being evaluated and I was being judged on an interview structure instead. Found out later I was passed up by another external person, this seems to be a trend with the company.

Communications Center Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview is based on the STAR format. It was a Panel interview with 2 managers, and went by smooth and quick. Do not need to worry about eye contact since most of the time they are looking at their paperwork and taking notes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time, when you had to develop or inplement something new that impacted your department?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

First interview was with one person and second interview was with a panel of three. It lasted for about an hour and they each had their own questions.

Negotiation

Negotiated to be hourly instead of salary.

Uht Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cox Communications (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Phone interview took about 15 minutes and was fairly easy followed by two person panel interview. Interview was easy but I was very overqualified. Was basically offered the position the same day and I accepted.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Must apply online, then take an online assessment, telephone interview, next is the drug test,set face to face interview with two managers and wait for a decision...can take up to 3 months

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you were right and the manager was wrong and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online to sales position around the third week of May and received a response rather quickly by email that I had been selected to move forward with the second phase of the process and have a phone interview. That was conducted on the 23rd of the same month. Next I was notified that I would be moving on again to the next phase which was two online assessment test that I completed and a face to face interview was then scheduled for the 30th of the May. The interview was done in the STAR format which I thought I did rather well at but I guess not as I was not hired! Was told that interviews would be conducted through Friday of the following week which would have ended on the 6th of June. Was also told that I would be contacted by HR Dept if chosen for the position which had a start date of 7-7-14. Well I waited and waited for a call that never came but continued to check my "job page" on the Cox homepage which still to this day shows that my application is "under consideration pending results of interview"!! That was last update was on 6-18-14........The job opening posted again right around the third week of June! Hmmmmmmm! Guess I wasn't what they were looking for! 10 years of sales experience wasn't good enough!

Interview Questions

• None were really difficult all just standard questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

Very thorough Interview; questions about previous jobs, knowledge, education, skills test, how you handle certain situations and what would you do type questions. Be prepared for the interview, dress appropriately, show interest, in brief do your homework and don't show up unprepared.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any stressful situations at your previous job and what did you do or how did you react to it.   Answer Question