Cox Communications

146 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details – Standard

Interview Question – Nothing...seemed very uninterested   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No passion for sales

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2012.

Interview Details – The company likes to engage lots of peers in the interview process along with one or two senior leaders aside from the hiring manager. Once you get an interview. Usually the focus is on cultural fit versus your own expertise. It seems to take a long time but the process does allow you the opportunity to get a sense for the people who work there.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer a lot of "tell me about a time when you..." Type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, really they don't like to barter.

Revenue Assurance Specialist Interview

Revenue Assurance Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at Cox Communications in June 2012.

Interview Details – There were 2 supervisors who conducted the interview

Customer Service Team Lead Interview

Customer Service Team Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details – In addition to completing an application, I had to submit at 30, 60 and 90 day plan.
I had one group interview with two managers and one potential peer.
The questions were traditional...what makes you the right person for the job, etc.

Interview Question – 30, 60 and 90 day plan   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much. The offer was black and white with a promise of sales commission bonus based on team performance.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details – Phone pre-screen followed by multiple panels of behavioral interviews

Negotiation Details – great offer was presented

Manager Sales Process Interview

Manager Sales Process
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cox Communications in August 2013.

Interview Details – behavior interview, company uses the STAR method

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to manage an employee who wasn't getting the work accomplished. What did you do to correct the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details – The application process was all online. I was called in for an interview before a panel of three or four people from different departments and levels of supervision. They took turns asking questions about my history and reasons for seeking employment with Cox. Everyone was very courteous and helpful throughout the interview.

Interview Question – They asked me to tell them about a time in my life when I had failed and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cox Communications in July 2013.

Interview Details – I didn't get very far in the interview. Two headhunters contacted me I believe based on my LinkedIn profile. The only question was "how much do you make?" and the interview was over.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. I got the call. I got the pitch. There weren't any questions to establish interest or match, just "how much do you make"? I make market rate for my performance in my specialty and because their headhunters disappeared within seconds, I can only guess Cox doesn't pay market rate!   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Cox Communications

Interview Details – 1 phone screen two interview with different supervisor.

Interview Question – Experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – based salary and commission

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Herndon, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details – I was found by a recruiting agency. After the screening by the agency, I was selected to move forward and interview with members of the Cox Communication HR team. This was an in person interview, with two members of the recruiting team. They asked me several questions about my background, why I was looking, and made sure I understand what they were looking for. There was nothing unsual about the interview process.

After my in person interview, I was made an offer later that afternoon, and brought in to start 4 days later.

Interview Question – There was not a question that I found difficult. I was expected to answer the normal questions, which were all covered during this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not in a position to negotiate. I was hired on as a contract employee, and was thankful for the opportunity. Plus they offered what I was looking for.