Cox Communications Interview Questions & Reviews in Omaha, NE

9 interviews

3.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2013.

You fill out an online application. If you know anyone that works there make sure to include their information because they get $500-700. After the initial app you have a phone interview, an interview at the office. You'll then either get an acceptance or rejection letter. Acceptance letter then leads to another phone interview which involves personality tests. Don't slack on this portion! Just because you have the acceptance letter doesn't mean you have the job. Not going to give you advice on the personality tests. After you pass this next phase of phone interview you take the drug test and sign the final paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • They use the STAR method of interviews. Make sure to google it. This is really important to getting the jog. Kind of caught me off guard because I hadn't interviewed in so long.   Answer Question
    None. Even though the ad says $12-15 they tell you in the first interview that it's $12 or no job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

I applied online and was called the next day by a Cox recruiter from Atlanta. She emailed me a link to two assessments: A standard personality test and a call center simulation. There were only about 5 scenarios to complete in 45 min. Multiple choice and you rate each answer from Not Effective to Most Effective. I was called 2 days later on a Saturday by a representative from Futurestep in Baton Rouge to schedule an in-person interview. No phone interview. The interview was scheduled for a couple days later. The dress was business casual. The interviewer was wearing khakis and a polo and had visible tattoos. He was very nice and personable and did his best to make it as painless as possible. We went to an empty conference room and sat across from each other. He informed me it would be in STAR format. After the STAR portion there was a section devoted to technical questions. Next there was a simulated call. He gave me an information packet to study for 10 min. He left and called the phone in the room 10 min later. He asked me how to operate the On-demand system--directions were in the packet. I also had to attempt to sell him DVR over the course of the call--DVR features were also in packet. Interview concluded after that. I was called the same evening by Futurestep and offered the job. They emailed me an acceptance letter with hourly rate and background check/drug testing info.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with starting a new job? Have you ever come up with a new idea that was implemented? What is a DVR? What does URL stand for? DNS? Name some cables you hook up a cable box with. First thing you do when your own internet goes out. What would you do if internet went out while you were working at Cox? What do you think this job entails? What happens if you watch a standard definition movie on an HD set? What format do you watch movies in?   Answer Question

Uht Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Phone interview took about 15 minutes and was fairly easy followed by two person panel interview. Interview was easy but I was very overqualified. Was basically offered the position the same day and I accepted.

Manager of Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Cox Communications in February 2009.

LOng process, Feb until April, with 13 plus hours of interviews

Interview Questions
    • Are you going to be happy or content in the job you are applying as it is now?   View Answer
    Short, some negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cox Communications in May 2013.

Cox Communications was highly professional in how they conducted the whole hiring and interview process. After completing a fairly thorough online application process, I was interviewed by telephone, after which I was interviewed in person by two HR employees. After the two-person interview, I was then required to do an impromptu role playing on the telephone with a technical support supervisor acting as the "caller."

Interview Questions
    • A series of questions were asked regarding basic technical terminology just to get an idea of what I already knew. For instance questions about coaxial cable, fiber optic cable, the meaning of "url", etc.   Answer Question
    Simple.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cox Communications in June 2013.

Initial Application was online, then a survey that was pretty accurate as far as the line of questions relating to an Account Executive sales role.

If you have ever been an Account Executive in a Business to Business role, I recommend answering honestly. As in may surveys or self assessments, they as the same question multiple times, multiple ways.

Once you are cleared to the next level, an in person interview is conducted with the manager, and if you pass that round you move onto a panel interview with other supervisors and managers from other departments.

Better offer

Call Volume Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

interviewed at Cox Communications in December 2011.

I got called for the interview and interviewed with a panel of supervisors, and asked normal behavioral questions, then went for a second interview with the department manager for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions about eWFM since they used a different version from the one I used.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cox Communications in June 2011.

The questions i remember them asking were your basic interview questions such as "What did you enjoy most about your last job, and what did you hate most about your last job?" and "Tell me about a difficult situation you encountered with another coworker, how did you handle it?" and "What does customer service mean you to?"

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a tough situation you had with another coworker at your previous job, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in June 2010.

One phone interview, followed by a one on one interview. Advised it would take two weeks to make a decision, but I never heard back. When I tried to check, I did not get back a response.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!