Cox Communications Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

It was very smooth. They were in a hurry. The recruiter contacted me and built me as the shoe-in. The people asked relatively good questions except for the manager. He asked vague questions that left you wanting him to clarify. An example would be, "How were your interactions with the Ops team?". He didn't want to know what interactions you had but how they were. This is a little confusing.

Interview Questions

• How were your interactions with the Ops team?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cox Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Step 1: A HR Rep called for a brief phone interview. Typical HR questions: brief wrok history, validation of resume information, 5 year goal, "tell me about yourself", etc. Good idea to ask the HR Rep the essential qualities that the Hiring Manager is looking for. Step 2: Phone interview with the hiring manager. Friendly interview. Validating the resume information. Good idea to use information from the HR and sell oneself to the Hiring Manager. Step 3: Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager. Need to cover all problems in your work history, need to sell oneself according to what the hiring manager is looking for. Step 4: Face to face interview with theHiring Manager's boss and counterpart. Writen PM test.

Interview Questions

• Brain teaser question. What type of leader are you? If can only choose one between documentation and Communiction, what would you choose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Over the phone and teleconference. Process took almost a month to complete. Questions and expectations were ultimately in line with a PM 2 not a PM1, which is what the job was actually for.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you managed a national project? Tell about a time where you had several deadlines that happened to be at the same time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had list of standard recruiting questions. Asked why I was interested in this position. Asked me questions regarding the project management life cycle, which phases were the most important and why. Asked me about the culture of the business, and what I thought about it. Asked me to summarize my background, and tell them why I would be a good fit for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Simple for me, but I've heard that is the exception. I had a phone interview, in-person interview scheduled for the same week. Interviewed with 2 managers and received offer the next day.