Cox Communications Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Ambassader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in March 2012.

I went through a staffing agency, I was referred by my roommate. The interview with the staffing agency went well, she just asked why I wanted the position, what skills/experience I had that would be applicable to the job, etc. Having no sales experience I didn't expect much, but I got an interview with one of the third part retail managers. I studied up on the company so it went pretty well, two days later my staffing agency called and said I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • "I'm going to go speak to the other managers about you, what should I tell them about you that would convince them you should be hired?"   View Answer

Community Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cox Communications in August 2011.

Applied online, heard from them a month later asking for a writing sample and PowerPoint sample. Got a call almost two weeks later for a phone interview which was extensive (behavioral questions) and lasted 22 minutes. Invited to a panel interview the next week where I interviewed with the same HR manager I had the phone interview with along with the hiring manager and two of her counterparts via phone. Again, behavioral questions, many of which were the same as the phone interview. The office seemed extremely busy, with everyone keeping their heads down. Very internally focused. I was notified a week later that I had been selected for final interviews, a one on one with the department VP and then a mini panel with the direct team. VP interview was fairly informal, he had three questions he was asking everyone. He also informed me that they had started with 230 candidates and were now down to 3, so it was just going to come down to fit. The team interview was great but very short. They basically were explaining the realities of the job and asking if I could do them. I was slightly thrown because this round asked about technical skills like graphic design and web management, which was not in the description nor on my skill list. I came in prepared to talk about larger implications for the position in terms of why community relations is important, but they were really looking for details about whether I could do the shlep work or not. Sent thank you notes during all rounds. Didn't hear anything for a week, so I followed up with the HR manager who said she'd let me know when she could. The next weekend (Saturday morning, to be exact), I received an automated email saying I was not longer being considered. The interview process was fine, but that last bit really irked me. I met with a total of 8 people over the course of two months, and there were only 3 candidates left- you'd think one of them could have picked up the phone to say thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a bit about your qualifications for this job.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Communications in May 2010.

Met at Cox headquarters in a one on one interview with the manager above me. Interview was for the sales ambassador position (fancy name for sales rep). Was asked about myself and asked me to sell him the pencil he was holding. Really friendly guy. Was called back and told I received the job.

Interview Questions
    It's a fancier named job than it is. In reality, you go to Wal-Mart's and Best Buy's and sell cable/phone/internet packages to random people. It's completely COLD SALES, as in walking up to people and trying to sell them product/service.

Outside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in September 2008.

A current Cox sales executive recommended I apply for an opening they had.

The first interview I had with the sales manager went very well. He said he wanted me and that I needed to do a group interview & then interview with the VP.

The group interview seemed to go well but then I never got an interview with the VP.

I think the fact that I was a bit over qualified or that I was still recovering from chemo & radiation for Cancer kind of freaked them out.

Interview Questions
    • How can I be motivated to achieve a high quota when I owned my own business?   View Answer