Cox Communications Interview Questions & Reviews in Wichita, KS

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Internal promotion - interviewed with the regional manager and director of the channel. The entire process took close to 3 weeks due to the number of applicants. The interview itself was with a director and VP in person and an additional regional manager over telepresence. The environment was very friendly, yet focused on work and success.

Interview Questions
    I turned down the first offer and was countered with 2k more a year and accepted

Customer Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in November 2012.

Heard about opening via current employee. Applied online. The online system needs to be fixed. Had LOTS of problems with pages not loading correctly and random error messages popping up. First phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, and was very good. I was given lots of information about the position and was able to provide information about myself.

Customer Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in September 2009.

Applied online, got phone call the next day. went for for group panel interview 2 days after i applied online. came back 2 days later to interview with management. got and offer on my voice mail before i even got home from the second group panel interview. took the offer. took less than 7 days to get offer after i applied online.

Interview Questions
    hourly + commission. your hard work determines how much you make

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in June 2011.

I applied online and spoke with a very personable recruiter from Cox's HR dept. She scheduled a personal interview for the next day. I did a remarkable job in the interview. It was more indepth than I thought it would be, but stll did well. Cox recruiter called me that evening and gave me an offer. $10/hr for training, 8.50/hr after 8 wk training and uncapped commission. She told me she would send me 2 emails. I only received one. I did not receive the offer letter yet. I arrived for orientation at 8:00am sharp on Monday. I sat through orientation for 2 hrs and filled out employee paperwork including their I-9 form and had my picture taken like all the other employees, lastly listening to the head of the retention dept. Then, during our break, the recruiter pulled me aside and said they had rescinded their job offer and that I didn't have a job w/them!
    I guess they decided to fire me on my first day. I didn't do anything to have that happened. They gave me no answer when I asked them why.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one situation where you used your sale skills to deal with a difficult customer and it had a positive outcome.   Answer Question
    Make sure you have other sales experiences both positive and negative to discuss in the interview, and that you are $$ motivated. AND GET the offer letter.

Customer Retention Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in April 2011.

I applied online and gave the name of the employee who referred me to the position. Later I asked that person and another employee I know to do what they could to help me get an interview. Within a week I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. HR schedules phone interviews in 15-minute intervals. The first opening was the end of the following week. Later I learned they are hiring dozens of people for this position because they are growing the department.

During the phone interview an HR rep gave me details about the position, requirements, pay, training, and timeline. It was frustrating to learn that, if hired, I had missed the soonest training (it was full) so would have to wait four weeks or more just for training. That's how it goes, but I was hoping to start sooner. The HR rep asked a few generic questions, i.e., "What do you consider the most important trait in a successful salesperson?" Then she scheduled me for a face-to-face interview with two supervisors for the following week.

I was not prepared for the interview at all. I thought I knew what the job would entail but I was clueless. I did not know how to handle the barrage of 15-20 SMART questions and did not have any stories ready. I should have prepared answers to all the SMART questions I could find. Also I should have read up on what the challenges might be to convincing a customer to keep their cable, broadband or phone services. The interview lasted about an hour.

I remembered, however, that my desire for an interview was to learn more about the position so I could determine if I even wanted it. It turned out I wasn't excited by the idea of spending 40+ hours per week, including some nights & weekends, handling one phone call after another, dealing with dissatisfied customers who wanted to drop or reduce services. The position came with a quota so the sales-orientation of the job was top priority. None of that really suits who I am. The astute interviewers came to the same conclusion. I received an email within 12 hours stating that I was not chosen.

Everyone was very nice and I felt comfortable talking with them. My friends who work with Cox love how they are treated. I wouldn't mind working for them in a position for which I am qualified and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a specific example of a time when you used good judgment and logic in solving a problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.   Answer Question

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!