Cox Enterprises

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.7

Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Enterprises.

Was contacted by Company Recruiter and asked very specific experience related to job requirements. For example, recruiter asked about a step-by-step procedure related to working with SQL database and typed every word. I know because I was asked to slow down a bit because she wasn't a very fast typist. She was very pleasant and cordial.

Two weeks later another recruiter called to schedule interview and told me who I was interviewing with and that be prepared for a STAR (Situation,Task, Action, Result) type interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was very technical. They literally asked 5 STAR questions from their interview sheet. The question went something like this, "Tell me about an important project or task you were working on where the specifications changed but the deadline was not extended. What did you do? What were the results?"   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Enterprises.

Call from recruiter was the first contact for an interview with this position. Interview was with Dot Stith-hiring mgr, and another IT guy. They took turns asking me questions both technical and former people management skills.

Here's the sad part. I received a call 6 WEEKS after the interview letting me know that not only was I not selected, but no one else was either. It took 6 WEEKS for results of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected as far as questions go. Most use the STAR-line of questioning.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interviewed with 5 people, 2 directors and 3 managers. All went fairly well. Never heard back.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Enterprises.

Hiring was an extensive process. I was contacted by a headhunter. Had multiple interviews with Sales Team Members and Senior Management. I had an informal Phone interview to start the process and 3 onsite interviews with various members of the sales team. Final interview with both the Sales Director and Sales Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you work with people in other departments?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cox Enterprises.

Hiring process consited of submitting my resume, one phone interview and one in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Conversation with interviewer went well, no challenging question   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cox Enterprises in July 2012.

Met with hiring manager, then senior project leader. Quizzed re BA practices. Asked to create diagrams on white board. Asked about documentation techniques. Asked about elicitation techniques. Asked to describe use cases and UML diagrams used as a BA.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a BA best practices technique that you have most challenge with   View Answer
    Since it was contract all details were laid out up front

Mail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cox Enterprises in February 2011.

It was a very relaxed environment consisting of the hiring manager and the positions' supervisor. Very friendly and personable. The managers were extremely accommodating and very professional.

Did not negotiate yet.

Online Advertising Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cox Enterprises in December 2010.

Interviewed with recruiter and later with hiring manager, Director of Sales. Interview went very well, I felt confident I would get an offer but I was told by the recruiter I was not a good fit. I was definitely a top candidate but think there was some discrimination with respect to the decision making process. Even though the Director's handshake was weak, I still felt my chances were great because of my professionalism and past experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you position our products and services as it relates to our newest media partnership?   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Enterprises in June 2010.

Very Long, Great People. Work Culture at the Mansell Bldg seems to be very laid back. Business Casual, nothing fancy.

Interview Questions
    • Give examples of the most challenging situation where you had to interact across functional teams? How did you handle & what did you learn?   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Enterprises in June 2009.

interveiwer forgot her pen and i offered mine. Seems very staged. they're were two people interveiwing asked to describe yourself and situations that related to the position.