Cox Enterprises

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

Interviewed at Cox Enterprises

Interview Details – Interviewed with 5 people, 2 directors and 3 managers. All went fairly well. Never heard back.

Interview Question – Math questions   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Enterprises.

Interview Details – Hiring was an extensive process. I was contacted by a headhunter. Had multiple interviews with Sales Team Members and Senior Management. I had an informal Phone interview to start the process and 3 onsite interviews with various members of the sales team. Final interview with both the Sales Director and Sales Vice President.

Interview Question – How well do you work with people in other departments?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cox Enterprises.

Interview Details – Hiring process consited of submitting my resume, one phone interview and one in-person interview.

Interview Question – Conversation with interviewer went well, no challenging question   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director Business Development Interview

Director Business Development
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cox Enterprises in June 2009.

Interview Details – easy, good, thorough

Reason for Declining – already had a better salary

Mail Clerk Interview

Mail Clerk
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cox Enterprises in February 2011.

Interview Details – It was a very relaxed environment consisting of the hiring manager and the positions' supervisor. Very friendly and personable. The managers were extremely accommodating and very professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate yet.

Very Easy Interview

Online Advertising Account Executive Interview

Online Advertising Account Executive
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cox Enterprises in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with recruiter and later with hiring manager, Director of Sales. Interview went very well, I felt confident I would get an offer but I was told by the recruiter I was not a good fit. I was definitely a top candidate but think there was some discrimination with respect to the decision making process. Even though the Director's handshake was weak, I still felt my chances were great because of my professionalism and past experience.

Interview Question – How would you position our products and services as it relates to our newest media partnership?   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Business Analyst II
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Enterprises in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very Long, Great People. Work Culture at the Mansell Bldg seems to be very laid back. Business Casual, nothing fancy.

Interview Question – Give examples of the most challenging situation where you had to interact across functional teams? How did you handle & what did you learn?   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Representative Interview

Customer Loyalty Representative
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Enterprises in June 2009.

Interview Details – interveiwer forgot her pen and i offered mine. Seems very staged. they're were two people interveiwing asked to describe yourself and situations that related to the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no

Analyst Interview

Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Enterprises in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initially, the interview process started off normally with a phone interview then proceeded to a face to face interview. Phone interview was the standard one with interviewer asking questions related to work experience. No surprising questions like riddles and no cliche questions like what are your weaknesses. However, second interview felt like a consulting one with case like questions though the position was far from it.

Before the second interview though, they had already scheduled me for a face to face interview later in the week which was strange. But between the second and third interview, they wanted me to come in person to meet another person who could not be at the third interview, which I could not do due to work obligations and high inconvenience.

Then, finally at the third interview, the schedule was to meet three people. Yet one of them was not there so I had to do a conference call in a room by myself which was not what I expected. And the other person seemed very pressed for time and his thoughts were scattered. On top of that, his heavy accent which I understand since he obviously was not from the states was at least difficult for me to comprehend, and so, it did lead to an awkward conversation not to mention his in my opinion weaker than average social skills. There just was not enough time to ask questions leaving less than 30 minutes for the interview. I think both of us at the very least were shortchanged for an appropriate interview considering this was face to face and not a simple phone prescreen interview.

My word of advice is that interviews are two way evaluations and treat them as such. My evaluation was that things there at least the department I was interviewing for seemed disorganized and struck a lot of doubts inside of me whether I wanted to really work for that kind of group albeit a fairly new group. Overall, everybody was very pleasant, but the whole process including the interviews felt very poor and did not make most effective use of either party's time. Regardless, I think all parties including myself concluded on the right choice in that they did not extend me an offer, and I would have been very hesitant to leave my current job if I did get an offer.

Interview Question – A company is thinking about making a new product to increase an add a new revenue stream (assuming no cannibilization). What should the company think about and do you think they should release this new product? (Exact product left out due to privacy concerns)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Planning Coordinator Interview

Planning Coordinator

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cox Enterprises in November 2008.

Interview Details – This Interview process was simple as all other interview, they explain you all aspect of the company, the job description as well as what they looking for.
it's very important to be more flexible when it's come to schedule, because this type of company need reliable person. it's not they'll change your schedule every week.

Interview Question – What is your weakness and strength ?   Answer Question

Worked for Cox Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!