Cox Media Group

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Media Group.

Gave resume to recruiters at a school job fair then re-applied online a week later. Shortly after, I got an email from the Talent Acquisition Consultant to set up a phone screen for the following week. I was surprised because I had no prior sales experience other than a year at a clothing store. Questions were not too hard, just had to think. The screen lasted about 45 minutes. Didn't qualify for a face-to-face interview and received a generic "sorry you weren't picked" email a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about Cox Media.
      Do you have a love of sales?
      Do you or your friends think you're too intense?

Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cox Media Group.

Two interviews were made without major complications. Easy questions and to the point. They really need to cover the position soon.
    Easy access to the interviewer and to the hiring manager.

Not easy.

Senior Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cox Media Group in May 2014.

Very nice people and they were kind enough to tell me that I was not selected and WHY (makes a huge difference). Even though I wasn't hired, the people and process made me like the company more.

Interview Questions
    • What percentage of project management is art and science?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Rigorous and absurdly outdated consisting of at least a dozen interviews that seemed to be almost 50% fraternity hazing and 50% 1960s ad-exec role playing a la Mad Men. If you can't "sell them this pen," you seem unnatural and are bullied by middle management. For relocation, when you're offered a pay increase, it only gets calculated into the very complicated compensation/commission system and you may not actually be receiving any more money.

Interview Questions
    • Even though you're selling to established clients on an agency list, you may be asked to sell your interviewer a pen. That's on the off-chance that the person interviewing you has any sales experience themselves.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cox Media Group in November 2013.

Very quick process. The lady found my resume online. She contacted me and set me up with a interview. When I was here there was 25 other people having the same interview. So you could call it a group interview I guess. She then gave us a tour of the place. The next week I started. Let me tell you, this is a very fast paced job. You are expected to know how to do everything proficiently the first day of training.

No negotiating. They do offer pay increases quit frequently.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview process is very lengthy. First you might be contacted by recruiter to screen and ask several questions which are recorded for the manager to listen to she how you answered. "Weird".

If they feel that you are a possible match they will send your resume to a manager. If you get a interview with the manager it is very lacked and non intimidating. If they feel you are good fit they will schedule a time for you to interview with the VP.

Once you meet with the VP and he/she feels that you might be a good fit for the organization he/she will have you setup a time for take a recorded call to answer several employment personality questions. This takes about an hour.

Cox Media is very big on this test and will not hire you based upon some of your answer. I find this to be a very negative approach to hiring. I understand why they do it but to turn down a proven qualified candidate due to a few question baffles me.

Overall, I felt the interview process was normal and the managers and VP were very friendly and easy to speak with. Best of luck and hope this helps.

Digital Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Media Group in September 2013.

Initially approached on linkedin.com by a recruiter. She scheduled a phone interview which lasted 1 hour and was scripted questions. She did not comment on any answers and the entire call was recorded. From there, she recommended me to the local hiring manager who then scheduled a 3.5 hour in person interview with 4 different people. After that, I had another 2 hour phone interview/question and answer test; again recorded. I then met in person with the General Manager and then the Sales Manager. The hiring manager and I then had two separate meetings at Starbucks to go over details and answer any questions that I had.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very unexpected because I feel they were more personality/character type questions. Example: You get on an airplane and shortly after take off a baby in front of you starts to cry. What do you do? Do you like to be in control? Do you like persuading people to join your point of view? Are you organized? More so at your home or work place?   Answer Question
    Yes. I did negotiate the salary and I was able to get what I wanted because I provided an added benefit/ training that was considered valuable.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Media Group in July 2013.

Employee Referral, very easy to get hired here if you know someone.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, entry level salary take it or leave it.

Plant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cox Media Group in May 2013.

Not pleased with lack of establishing exactly what they are looking for. Recruiter said one thing but mgmt said another. I waited in the lobby for 30 minutes and one of their assistants came down and like a restaurant patron to a server with the index finger wave signaled me over and was kind of rude.

Interview Questions
    • What are you prejudiced against. They were referring to a group of people, Really? Who asks that?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Face to face interview with management

non-negotional offer