Cox Media Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Lead Interview

Senior Lead
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cox Media Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Very nice people and they were kind enough to tell me that I was not selected and WHY (makes a huge difference). Even though I wasn't hired, the people and process made me like the company more.

Interview Question – What percentage of project management is art and science?   Answer Question

Packaging Interview

Packaging
Franklin, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cox Media Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very quick process. The lady found my resume online. She contacted me and set me up with a interview. When I was here there was 25 other people having the same interview. So you could call it a group interview I guess. She then gave us a tour of the place. The next week I started. Let me tell you, this is a very fast paced job. You are expected to know how to do everything proficiently the first day of training.

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. They do offer pay increases quit frequently.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cox Media Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – Employee Referral, very easy to get hired here if you know someone.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, entry level salary take it or leave it.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Media Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very Straightforward. 1st interview was with office manager, 2nd with the Sales director that ran the office. No weird questions or anything

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself in 5 years"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ha, no.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

Interviewed at Cox Media Group

Interview Details – Rigorous and absurdly outdated consisting of at least a dozen interviews that seemed to be almost 50% fraternity hazing and 50% 1960s ad-exec role playing a la Mad Men. If you can't "sell them this pen," you seem unnatural and are bullied by middle management. For relocation, when you're offered a pay increase, it only gets calculated into the very complicated compensation/commission system and you may not actually be receiving any more money.

Interview Question – Even though you're selling to established clients on an agency list, you may be asked to sell your interviewer a pen. That's on the off-chance that the person interviewing you has any sales experience themselves.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Digital Account Executive Interview

Digital Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Media Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – Initially approached on linkedin.com by a recruiter. She scheduled a phone interview which lasted 1 hour and was scripted questions. She did not comment on any answers and the entire call was recorded. From there, she recommended me to the local hiring manager who then scheduled a 3.5 hour in person interview with 4 different people. After that, I had another 2 hour phone interview/question and answer test; again recorded. I then met in person with the General Manager and then the Sales Manager. The hiring manager and I then had two separate meetings at Starbucks to go over details and answer any questions that I had.

Interview Question – The questions were very unexpected because I feel they were more personality/character type questions. Example: You get on an airplane and shortly after take off a baby in front of you starts to cry. What do you do? Do you like to be in control? Do you like persuading people to join your point of view? Are you organized? More so at your home or work place?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. I did negotiate the salary and I was able to get what I wanted because I provided an added benefit/ training that was considered valuable.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview Details – Interview process is very lengthy. First you might be contacted by recruiter to screen and ask several questions which are recorded for the manager to listen to she how you answered. "Weird".

If they feel that you are a possible match they will send your resume to a manager. If you get a interview with the manager it is very lacked and non intimidating. If they feel you are good fit they will schedule a time for you to interview with the VP.

Once you meet with the VP and he/she feels that you might be a good fit for the organization he/she will have you setup a time for take a recorded call to answer several employment personality questions. This takes about an hour.

Cox Media is very big on this test and will not hire you based upon some of your answer. I find this to be a very negative approach to hiring. I understand why they do it but to turn down a proven qualified candidate due to a few question baffles me.

Overall, I felt the interview process was normal and the managers and VP were very friendly and easy to speak with. Best of luck and hope this helps.

Interview Question – If a song could represent you what song would you be?   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Plant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cox Media Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – Not pleased with lack of establishing exactly what they are looking for. Recruiter said one thing but mgmt said another. I waited in the lobby for 30 minutes and one of their assistants came down and like a restaurant patron to a server with the index finger wave signaled me over and was kind of rude.

Interview Question – What are you prejudiced against. They were referring to a group of people, Really? Who asks that?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst

I applied in-person and interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview Details – Face to face interview with management

Interview Question – All personality based and troubleshooting questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotional offer

Production Specialist Interview

Production Specialist
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cox Media Group.

Interview Details – I was contacted on the phone by the person who I was to meet to discuss a job opening at a local television station. The programming dept. head met me and we sat down to discuss the opening. After taking the time to fill out a regular application, the real questions began with the usual ones. Later a scenario styled question was thrown into the mix.

Interview Question – Big weather system is on the way and you have to be here early the next morning. What do you do?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cox Media Group

Worked for Cox Media Group? Contribute to the Community!