Interviews for Top Jobs at Cox Radio

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Radio in June 2010.

This position was with the newly formed Cox Media Group. You go through two recruiters. The first phone interview was a phone interview that was both situational and behavioral which was very short. I was emailed a worksheet that i was told to fill out (interview worksheet) and email to the next recruiter lady. The first interview lady was really nice, and i believe she could have possibly been a new recruiter. Then there was a follow up with the actual recruiter that handled the recruiting of the office i was apply to. There are no skills assessments to take or pass. My second interview was recorded over the phone by the second recruiter. After that, 1 day later i was scheduled for a face to face interview with the sales manager of the area i was applying to. She was somewhat friendly, but very blunt and direct, and absolutely shared that they are looking for someone with assertiveness and passion. Really respected her honesty, and candor.

My advice would be to not go into this interview if your heart isn't passionate about sales. They will notice the B.S, and not hire you.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you had to work with other people on a team, and what was the outcome?   View Answer