Cox Radio

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cox Radio

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Radio in February 2014.

I made it to the final round of interviewing with Cox. I passed the Talent + interview with flying colors and that set me up for the final round of in person interviewing. They flew me into town, put me up at a hotel, took me to breakfast, lunch and dinner, interviewed me for 9 hours-2 the night before and 7 straight hours the day of and even sent a town car to return me to the airport. Honestly, I was impressed with the company, managers and facility and had the experience to "nail the job". I left there feeling very encouraged by management that I was a "top" candidate for the position.

Two weeks later on A friday after 5pm I was sent a 2 sentence rejection email. No resins, no constructive feedback and above all NOT even a phone call.

Account Executive Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Radio in August 2011.

The interview consisted of questions like -- tell me about yourself? What makes you qualified to be an account executive? Tell me about your sales record? Can you talk about the radio station? Any other stations?

Account Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Radio in June 2010.

This position was with the newly formed Cox Media Group. You go through two recruiters. The first phone interview was a phone interview that was both situational and behavioral which was very short. I was emailed a worksheet that i was told to fill out (interview worksheet) and email to the next recruiter lady. The first interview lady was really nice, and i believe she could have possibly been a new recruiter. Then there was a follow up with the actual recruiter that handled the recruiting of the office i was apply to. There are no skills assessments to take or pass. My second interview was recorded over the phone by the second recruiter. After that, 1 day later i was scheduled for a face to face interview with the sales manager of the area i was applying to. She was somewhat friendly, but very blunt and direct, and absolutely shared that they are looking for someone with assertiveness and passion. Really respected her honesty, and candor.

My advice would be to not go into this interview if your heart isn't passionate about sales. They will notice the B.S, and not hire you.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to work with other people on a team, and what was the outcome?   View Answer