CoxHealth Interview Questions

2.8

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branson, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branson, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CoxHealth.

I went through two different interview processes. The first was with Human Relations and the second was with my possible employers (the managers on the floor that I was interested in). For the most part, what they wanted to know was that I was competent, committed, teachable, dependable, and that I truly cared for people.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time that you messed up and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

PSA/Patient Safety Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CoxHealth in August 2014.

Few days after applying online, I received a call asking me to call them back the next day for a phone interview. Basic stuff, they just laid out the salary and the job description. Some questions like why do you want to work there, experiences, what are your skills that will be of use to them.
    After probably 3-5 days, I was called again and asked if I can come by so I can have another interview. I was interviewed by one of the RNs and it was probably 30mins to an hour.
    She said she'll let them know probably after a week.
    After 3-5 days again, I received a call from them offering me the job.
    During hiring day, the orientation that they could give me was two weeks away. So hiring and interview process took around 3 to 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview, I was surprised when I was asked about what skills do I have.
      And during the in person interview, was asked if there was a time when I disagreed with someone of authority and what did I do about it.
        Answer Question
    Since I had no experience, I did not negotiate.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CoxHealth in April 2012.

Phone interview, then panel/group interview with presentation. The process moved right along and they maintained good communication with me. People were friendly, polite, attentive to my presentation. I'm not sure the job was well-defined - they might need to do some more work on exactly what the position responsibilities are. People were well dressed -- not stuffy, but not casual -- and seemed rather sophisticated but the overall culture seemed to be a bit old-school. The position was exempt and my impression was that it would require considerably more than 40 hours/week.

Interview Questions

Pay and benefits (vacation allowance) were - disappointingly - not what I was looking for.

Phlebotomy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CoxHealth in April 2009.

Went on a tour, seemed to be going well, never heard back, only to find out that person was let go!!

Patient Safety Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at CoxHealth in January 2009.

Online application and resume submission. Resume is electronically scanned for key words. If it passes the key word check, HR picks it up. A recruiter will call for the initial screening interview to see if you fit any of the job openings they have. If you do, they call you for second, job-specific interview. They then recommend you to the actual department with the job opening, and you will have two-three interviews with Department heads before they offer you the job. My coworkers and I had a minimum of 3-4 interviews each.

Interview Questions
    • Will you work for $6.90 an hour?
      This was a tricky question bc with shift differential of $1.00, it put you above minimum wage, but made a strange rule that we could never work day shift because they'd be paying less than minimum wage, which is illegal. My coworkers and I enjoyed patient care, and thought the job was important enough to work for peanuts. (Many employees and managers commented that they believed the job should be volunteer only, and resented the paid staff, however, when they tried volunteers they found they left quickly the first time they were attacked by a patient. The Security Guards are quick, but injuries are part of the job.)
        Answer Question
    Don't accept the first lowball amount. They can afford to pay more, and they will: some of my coworkers raised the $6.90 offer to $8.00. I didn't ask, so I got the basic package.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CoxHealth in July 2009.

very professional process. 4 separate interviews in one day. young but very experienced management in the pharmacy department. A good variety of different ages and experience levels in the department. A fun place to work with good morale. Hospital is going to add another residency position this year to make a total of three. Good opportunity to learn from current residents as well as residency trained pharmacists who serve as preceptors for residents..