CoxHealth Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.8

Continuous Quality Improvement Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CoxHealth (Springfield, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the recruiter via phone first, then in person with staff/peers, and the third interview was with the leader. Each interview consisted of several questions and the atmosphere was very conversational and relaxed. They relayed to me the same interview questions were asked of each candidate and each would be rated on their response. I was encouraged to ask questions and they gave good consideration to all questions asked.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I could give examples of projects I had led in the past.   Answer Question

Nursing Assistant- Cardiac Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CoxHealth (Springfield, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with the nursing manager and charge RN for the cardiac floor. They started off by giving me a brief job description. They then asked me questions back and fourth about myself and my experience. At the end of the interview they asked if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where a coworker needed help and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a coworker wasn't doing what they were supposed to be doing?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you made a mistake and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branson, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CoxHealth (Branson, MO).

Interview

I went through two different interview processes. The first was with Human Relations and the second was with my possible employers (the managers on the floor that I was interested in). For the most part, what they wanted to know was that I was competent, committed, teachable, dependable, and that I truly cared for people.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time that you messed up and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CoxHealth in August 2014.

Interview

Few days after applying online, I received a call asking me to call them back the next day for a phone interview. Basic stuff, they just laid out the salary and the job description. Some questions like why do you want to work there, experiences, what are your skills that will be of use to them. After probably 3-5 days, I was called again and asked if I can come by so I can have another interview. I was interviewed by one of the RNs and it was probably 30mins to an hour. She said she'll let them know probably after a week. After 3-5 days again, I received a call from them offering me the job. During hiring day, the orientation that they could give me was two weeks away. So hiring and interview process took around 3 to 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview, I was surprised when I was asked about what skills do I have. And during the in person interview, was asked if there was a time when I disagreed with someone of authority and what did I do about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I had no experience, I did not negotiate.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoxHealth (Springfield, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, then panel/group interview with presentation. The process moved right along and they maintained good communication with me. People were friendly, polite, attentive to my presentation. I'm not sure the job was well-defined - they might need to do some more work on exactly what the position responsibilities are. People were well dressed -- not stuffy, but not casual -- and seemed rather sophisticated but the overall culture seemed to be a bit old-school. The position was exempt and my impression was that it would require considerably more than 40 hours/week.

Interview Questions

Pay and benefits (vacation allowance) were - disappointingly - not what I was looking for.

Pca Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoxHealth (Springfield, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

You apply online and IF you get an interview, you go in, answer many questions and are given some paperwork to complete. Then you go to have blood work, TB test and drug testing done. You have to have certain vaccinations show in your blood work or you must get boosters. You also must pass the drug screen. You take this paperwork back to the hr office.

Interview Questions

• Experience in different, relevant situations and what I did to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Phlebotomy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoxHealth (Springfield, MO) in April 2009.

Interview

Went on a tour, seemed to be going well, never heard back, only to find out that person was let go!!

Interview Questions

• What would cause you to miss work?   1 Answer

Patient Safety Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CoxHealth (Springfield, MO) in January 2009.

Interview

Online application and resume submission. Resume is electronically scanned for key words. If it passes the key word check, HR picks it up. A recruiter will call for the initial screening interview to see if you fit any of the job openings they have. If you do, they call you for second, job-specific interview. They then recommend you to the actual department with the job opening, and you will have two-three interviews with Department heads before they offer you the job. My coworkers and I had a minimum of 3-4 interviews each.

Interview Questions

• Will you work for $6.90 an hour? This was a tricky question bc with shift differential of $1.00, it put you above minimum wage, but made a strange rule that we could never work day shift because they'd be paying less than minimum wage, which is illegal. My coworkers and I enjoyed patient care, and thought the job was important enough to work for peanuts. (Many employees and managers commented that they believed the job should be volunteer only, and resented the paid staff, however, when they tried volunteers they found they left quickly the first time they were attacked by a patient. The Security Guards are quick, but injuries are part of the job.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't accept the first lowball amount. They can afford to pay more, and they will: some of my coworkers raised the $6.90 offer to $8.00. I didn't ask, so I got the basic package.

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CoxHealth in July 2009.

Interview

very professional process. 4 separate interviews in one day. young but very experienced management in the pharmacy department. A good variety of different ages and experience levels in the department. A fun place to work with good morale. Hospital is going to add another residency position this year to make a total of three. Good opportunity to learn from current residents as well as residency trained pharmacists who serve as preceptors for residents..