Coyote Logistics National Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview that lasted about a half hour. Second round of interviews was in-person that was about a half day. Had multiple interviews and did a short job shadow of the role that I applied for. Both interviews were with two people. Whole process took about three weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard, initial call to gauge interest and talk about your background. Second phone call is more in-depth about skills and experiences. Final interview is on site with a tour, a chance to see multiple facets of the job. All interviewers are friendly, energetic and truly take an interest in every candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied via their website with my resume and cover letter and received an email from an HR rep setting up a phone interview pretty quickly. The phone interview was pretty basic, we just went through my resume and my college experience. She did ask a few questions, like what I knew about Coyote and why I thought I'd be good at this position but nothing too challenging. I happened to be in Chicago a few weeks later, so we set up a time for me to come in for my final interview. I wasn't actually told that this was my final interview, but I know someone at the company who told me that it was. I had a 45-minute conversation with an HR rep first. She was very easy to talk to and definitely wasn't asking typical interview questions like (What's one of your biggest weaknesses?). I then had the opportunity to sit with two account managers for 15 minutes each and see what daily tasks are like and ask them about their experiences. One of them mentioned that it's really important for Coyote to see your personality because they want an idea of how you'd converse with customers or carriers on the phone. Office atmosphere is definitely young and they really stress how having a good work culture is important to them. I ended up declining the offer because I didn't feel like the position was the best fit for me, but I appreciated how nice they were throughout the process.

National Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics.

Interview

Applied online and got a refferall from a current employee. Got an email a few days later to set up a phone interview. Then had two phone interviews that lasted 30 minutes each. After those two interviews, I was asked to come to Chicago for an interview which lasted around two hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with an upset customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Very laid back and personal. The recruiter gets to know you and interacts on a first name basis. Toured the facility, really nice place with lots of energy. Definitely a work hard play hard kind of atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to prepare yourself for this next step in life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

To begin my experience with Coyote, I was scheduled my first interview shortly after applying. My first interview went great, my recruiter was super sweet and we talked as if we were friends meeting up for coffee. The first interview is pretty basic- just to get to know you and your personality; no hard questions, just asking questions pertaining to my hobbies/interests and why I want to work at Coyote. Breezy. Got invited for my second interview (ahh things are going great!); until I received a rejection email in my inbox (wait what?). So I e-mail this recruiter back stating that I already have a second interview scheduled already. She then replies back apologizing how she sent me the wrong email (yes I am sure you did). This already rubbed me the wrong way because that is extremely unprofessional. But I still went with my gut and decided to attend the second interview. A week later, I come in for my second interview; which lasted roughly about 3 hours. During this time frame I met 3 different recruiters. The first 2 were great, hit it off really well and had a lot of things to talk about. They seemed genuinely interested in what I was saying and actually understood my point of view.... Briefly to explain, I come from a science background and so any employer would be questioning why a science student wants to work for logistics. Simple- I received my degree, accepted the first job that came at me in order to make some money and pay off some student loans. Months later, I realize that the science field is not for me and I need more energy in my workforce and interacting with customers was more of my interest. in addition, I've become extremely interested in joining the logistics workforce because my boyfriend is an owner operator and has taught me so much about the field. And not only do I have basic knowledge about logistics but also hold over 300 contacts in potential clients. Not important in Coyote's HR recruiters though. Nothing wrong with wanting to change your career early on, rather than 10 years later. Some people may understand that, some may not. Which is where my third recruiter comes in... She was dreadful. Seemed like she was bored of even listening to me talk, when I explained to her my situation and why I want to work for Coyote she basically gave me the eye roll secretly thinking "you wish". May I add, this was the SAME recruiter who sent me my second interview rejection email. Oh and to make things better, she was also the same one who emailed me a week later after my second interview to inform me that I did not get the job. Ironic? Lastly, during my time in the office, I had the chance to meet a few workers on the floor and sit with them to see what a day on the job would look like. Well, I didn't learn that much because one of the girls was too interested in showing me her IM's with another worker there and freaking out how some guy who has a crush on her is going to walk past her. Again- very professional. Coyote seemed like the perfect place for me to work, with the buzzing energy, young atmosphere- however, some of the HR recruiters are extremely inexperienced when it comes to hiring dependable workers- prime example about juicy crush drama instead of showing a potential candidate on how the company works. The reputation of how Coyote likes sororities and fraternities is absolutely true. Just a suggestion Coyote, maybe try hiring knowledgeable people within the field to gain more customers instead of kicking them to the curb while you have workers there chit chatting about office drama rather than making you some money.

Interview Questions

• -What kind of books do you like to read? -Why the career change? -Why do you think you would be a good fit for Coyote?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process took about two months, but that is partly because I went on vacation. It started with a phone interview because I was not in the Chicago area. From there I was asked to return for a in person interview. It was a really cool experience. I met with one recruiter who talked to me about my resume, very informal and easy going. Then I was given a tour and got to talk with two employee's, one on the carrier side and one on the customer side. After that I met with the last recruiter about my experience and she asked me about what I liked and if I could differentiate between the two sides. Make sure to be yourself and have fun! I think the recruiters are great at seeing if you are a right fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure you pay attention to what the two employees are doing and try to get a good understanding of the different positions and why they are different. It is a really lively atmosphere so have fun but try not to get caught up in it, pay attention.   Answer Question

National Account Manager Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Met one on one with a girl in HR. Pretty standard interview questions. Very conversational, they just want to get an idea of your personality. Didn't get a job offer, just got an email saying "While your skills and experience are certainly impressive, we have decided to not move forward with you in the interview process". So I'm not entirely sure why I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics.

Interview

Questions about being competitive, liking sports, being a people person, strengths and weaknesses, things you are proud of. Dress casually professional; don't wear a suit. Know how you act in a fast paced environment.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you overcame something and how did you manage the stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for some more money and got it.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coyote Logistics.

Interview

The hiring process was done through a recruiter who was very friendly to me. Coyote goes on a first name basis. Just be personable and be yourself. The interview process consisted of a brief 30 min interview and then an-office interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none