Coyote Logistics

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.4

National Account Manager Interview

I was interviewed on campus then came to the office for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name the last 5 books you have read for pleasure (not for school).   Answer Question
    No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Account Manager Interview

phone interview with standard questions. Thought it went well but I didn't get a call back. They didn't even tell me that they werent moving forward. They knew that I lacked experience but continued to ask me question about previous work experience. Not a great process.

Interview Questions
    • What previous job experience would lead to me doing a good job?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Coyote Logistics.

They were very basic with the interview. Basically just had a conversation with the girl who was looking to hire me. She seemed the same age as me, too. She did not ask questions that would figure out my skills, just basic every day questions. It seemed like we were becoming friends, not interviewing for a job position. I did not get an offer but I also did not have the chance to show them anything about myself. Not really sure what they were looking for because no questions really had to do with sales or selling.

Interview Questions
    • Please name a situation where you had to take control because something was going wrong and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Coyote Logistics in December 2013.

I interviewed first on campus at the University of Iowa back in October. The interview was very laid-back. It was more of a conversation and getting to know one another. I instantly clicked with my recruiter and got a call about 2 weeks later to interview in the Chicago office.

The interview in Chicago was definitely much more difficult but not anything I wasn't prepared for. We went over my resume pretty extensively and I was asked quite a bit about my sales experience and why I would be a good fit for the logistics industry and Coyote. This is where you really need to sell yourself to them. After this I got a tour of the company and shadowed two people. I got to see the customer and carrier sides of the business which gives you a good idea if this is the company for you. I wrapped up the day by interviewing for a second time with the recruiter from campus who I had clicked so well with.

I got a call about two days after my Chicago interview asking if I would like to join their team!

Interview Questions
    • What did you learn from your previous sales experiences?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I felt that the offer was fair compared to what other logistics companies offer starting out.

Account Manager Interview

very easy to talk to, didnt throw unexpected questions at you. pretty slow in the interview process, but 100% worth it. great company and people. Talked a lot about the contents of my resume and past experience that you have.

National Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coyote Logistics.

Typical interview questions: strengths, weaknesses, tell me about your resume. Seemed to be more interested in outside activities than anything else.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Coyote Logistics.

I went to the career fair and talk to a representative with coyote. By applying online at my school I got an interview with them. The interview was very laid back and basically talking about what kind of things I was involved with and why I got involved in those things. The interviewer was super nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward but the most difficult in my case was about why I chose the Sorority I am in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Coyote Logistics in November 2013.

I saw Coyote at my career fair and approached them. The recruiters were very laid back and understood the nervousness students had. About a week and a half after the career fair, I got a generic notification via my school's career website notifying me of an on-campus interview. This was also extremely laid back. Don't go into the interview thinking it's going to be a formal one, because it isn't. Be yourself, be honest, and try to connect with the recruiter in any way imaginable. They asked questions about what I like to do in my free time, what I know about the company, etc.

About two weeks later, I got the green light for a Chicago interview. It lasts about 3 hours or so, consists of two, one-on-one interviews, about 45 mins apiece depending on who interviews you. You go over your resume and how these experiences would relate to Coyote. Lastly, you get a tour of the workplace.

Interview Questions
    Didn't bother with negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coyote Logistics in November 2013.

First Round Interview was on campus with a rep. Simple questions about your background. Not so much about your experience or what you thought about coyote. More about what kind of person you are and whether or not you would get along in the work hard play hard mentality that makes up Coyote.

Interview Questions

Another job offer in a different industry

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Coyote Logistics.

It was a very simple hiring process, applied through college recruiting and interviewed a week or two later on campus. They were very polite and informative about their position.

Wasn't into sales.