Coyote Logistics

44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

National Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Coyote Logistics in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by an in person interview, typically there are about 100 applicant per job. once you are selected to come in your in a pool of about 25 other recent college grads. The best thing to do is keep your cool, most of the interview process is sitting with top reps and listening to their process and style, chatting with them and seeing if the culture and personality is a fit.

Interview Question – The questions are mostly about your background and what your career goals are. No trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Coyote Logistics.

Interview Details – The interview process was somewhat what I expected after I've read comments on here about it. The HR managers are really friendly but they don't seem to care too much about your qualifications and experience. I've been out of school for a few years now and I have sales management experience from a previous job and most of the interview questions asked pertained to my undergrad experience. I felt like the HR manager didn't read over my resume prior to the interview and was more so concerned about my hobbies and extracurricular activities.

Interview Question – Where else are you interviewing?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Coyote Logistics

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and she went over all of my previous jobs on my resume, and then asked why I wanted to work for them and how these jobs can help me be successful with this position.

Interview Question – Tell me something that isn't on your resume   Answer Question

Interview Details – easy interview all about your resume

Interview Question – what are your current goals   Answer Question

National Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coyote Logistics in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is very laid back and casual. They ask all the standard interview questions and are mostly concerned with whether or not you will fit in with the company - not necessarily your qualifications. Be confident and conversational.

Interview Question – Are you interviewing anywhere else?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Coyote Logistics

Interview Details – Came to my career fair, set up on campus interview. Scheduled in office interview. Offered a position within a week.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Coyote Logistics in December 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed first on campus at the University of Iowa back in October. The interview was very laid-back. It was more of a conversation and getting to know one another. I instantly clicked with my recruiter and got a call about 2 weeks later to interview in the Chicago office.

The interview in Chicago was definitely much more difficult but not anything I wasn't prepared for. We went over my resume pretty extensively and I was asked quite a bit about my sales experience and why I would be a good fit for the logistics industry and Coyote. This is where you really need to sell yourself to them. After this I got a tour of the company and shadowed two people. I got to see the customer and carrier sides of the business which gives you a good idea if this is the company for you. I wrapped up the day by interviewing for a second time with the recruiter from campus who I had clicked so well with.

I got a call about two days after my Chicago interview asking if I would like to join their team!

Interview Question – What did you learn from your previous sales experiences?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I felt that the offer was fair compared to what other logistics companies offer starting out.

Interviewed at Coyote Logistics

Interview Details – I was interviewed on campus then came to the office for an interview.

Interview Question – Name the last 5 books you have read for pleasure (not for school).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Coyote Logistics in November 2013.

Interview Details – I saw Coyote at my career fair and approached them. The recruiters were very laid back and understood the nervousness students had. About a week and a half after the career fair, I got a generic notification via my school's career website notifying me of an on-campus interview. This was also extremely laid back. Don't go into the interview thinking it's going to be a formal one, because it isn't. Be yourself, be honest, and try to connect with the recruiter in any way imaginable. They asked questions about what I like to do in my free time, what I know about the company, etc.

About two weeks later, I got the green light for a Chicago interview. It lasts about 3 hours or so, consists of two, one-on-one interviews, about 45 mins apiece depending on who interviews you. You go over your resume and how these experiences would relate to Coyote. Lastly, you get a tour of the workplace.

Interview Question – What three words would your friends describe you as?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't bother with negotiating.

National Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coyote Logistics.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions: strengths, weaknesses, tell me about your resume. Seemed to be more interested in outside activities than anything else.

Interview Question – Tell me something that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

Worked for Coyote Logistics? Contribute to the Community!