Cpsi

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Support Representative Interview

Software Support Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cpsi.

Interview Details – I completed a brief phone interview before coming for my first in-person interview with a Support Manager. The initial interview was not difficult at all--it felt more like the job was being pitched to me. The manager obviously had an outline of points to go through with me, after which he asked if I had any questions. I asked a few intelligent questions about the software and the company's future after the Meaningful Use rush expires, but in retrospect I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered if I had asked nothing.

The second round of interviews involves a 5-10 minute presentation on any topic of your choice to a group of managers and directors. Since your primary function as a support rep is to provide pre-implementation training, they want to see that you are comfortable in a presenting role. The atmosphere of the presentation was very casual. My interviewees asked no difficult questions and goofed around with each other, which put me at ease. After the presentation, all but one cleared the room and a short formal interview followed.

I got the phone call with an offer about a week later.

Interview Question – What are the three most important qualities in a leader?   Answer Question

Software Trainee Interview

Software Trainee
Mobile, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cpsi in April 2009.

Interview Details – There were 2 interviews and a presentation to make. The first interview was initial and I was given a description of the job. The interviewer said there was to be 3 interviews but because of my previous experiences I would go to the final. The final was with a VP, and 2 Directors. I made my presentation. The questions I was asked was a list I could find on the Internet and was "canned."

Interview Question – There were no questions that I felt I was not prepared to answer. The list of questions are not difficult or extraordinary.   Answer Question

General Interview

General
Mobile, AL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cpsi in January 2010.

Interview Details – I would say they talk a great game to lure you in; once you've been there for about 3 weeks there true colors start to show. I have never started a job with little training and thrown to the wolves.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told I can take what they give me. I was expecting that they would look an what I was making from my past employer and work history and crunch better numbers.

Support Representative Interview

Support Representative

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cpsi in June 2010.

Interview Details – Quick, should have known they were desperate for employees

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Lack of communication of the salary, I got 3 different salary I would receive, by the end of it I was told they would only honor the lowest bid

Worked for Cpsi? Contribute to the Community!