Crédit Agricole Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.8

Trader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Crédit Agricole.

Interview

Be prepared and know about the product/company but no difficult or tricky questions. They want to see determination, desire and hunger through your answers. Let them know that you can be molded and that past experiences will only be there to support you, not make who you will become in this role.

US Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crédit Agricole (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First phone interview, then meeting with HR, then meeting with two analysts, hiring manager, then offer.Just make sure to answer to the best of your ability and ask questions towards the analysts. Also helpful if you know French. However I did not receive an offer and I was not informed that I did not receive an offer. I think that was a bit unprofessional on their end.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, questions about finance, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crédit Agricole (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through a family friend. I had one phone call where we went over my resume, what I study at school and what I would be doing if hired. The call lasted about 45min and I spoke with three people on speakerphone. Everyone was pretty friendly and didn't ask any difficult questions or brain teasers to stump you which has occured with other banks that I've applied to.

Credit Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crédit Agricole (New York, NY).

Interview

When I arrived they had me fill out a standard employment application/background check waiver. Then I met with one HR guy who asked standard fit questions. After that, I interviewed with three senior team members who explained what the job entailed. No technical questions, just basic walk me through your resume & talk about your experience w/Excel type stuff.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crédit Agricole in June 2013.

Interview

Basic interview from two of the analysts and then one interview from a higher up. Requires essential accounting and finance knowledge as well as basic interview questions. Branch is fairly small, consisting of a few employees. All of which were very amiable and welcoming. I am currently still interviewing but nothing out of the ordinary so far.

U S Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crédit Agricole (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Very straightforward - 1 interview with HR, followed by one interview with senior analyst. Final round was with Managing Director.

Interview Questions

Compensation not in line with peers.

Vice President, Project Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Crédit Agricole (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Multi-stage interview process with members of the team and head of the group. Detailed questions about deals worked on, impressions about the market, deal structures. Appeared to value experience with credit approval processes that were similar to their own. Overall everyone was friendly and congenial. All the interviewers had the same candidate profile in mind which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Some very technical questions about thermal power plants. I don't think the interviewer was intentionally trying to stump me, but the questions seemed a bit out of left field.   Answer Question

Counterparty Risk Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crédit Agricole (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

The company has two interviews. The first interview is with the two credit officers and the second interview is with the two credit officers and your manager for whom you will be working with. The interviews were just basic questions in which you were: walk through your resume, describe why you are qualified for the job, why do you want to work here?, etc. There were no very dificult on the spot quantitative questions like some of the more competitive employers. No skills test either.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they just tell you the offered salary once you accept.

Junior Trader Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crédit Agricole in October 2008.

Interview

Introduced to them through a headhunter and immediately went in to interview for a jr trader position in derivatives trading. Pretty straightforward interview process that centered around fit with the existing group of traders & group head. I met with 4 different people including the group head, technicals were based upon market knowledge, views with some other quant questions.

Interview Questions

• I was given 2 current market rates at 2 specific points on the yield curve and asked to come up with the 1 year forward rate.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crédit Agricole (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

Approximately two weeks after I submitted my application, I was contacted by phone to setup an interview in New York city and set a date to do so two weeks later. When I arrived I was greeted by the hiring supervisor and the department head. I sat with the supervisor first, who asked my basic interview questions, "walk me through your resume, why are you interested in this job, why are you qualified, etc". I was quizzed about a few technical aspects, but nothing didn't know the answer to after after reviewed their company website for a few hours the night before. Speaking with the Head was actually enjoyable. We just spoke about my interests and what I thought about the prospect of relocating to New York. Afterwords, both gave me their business cards, invited me to call/email if I had any questions and told I would be contacted by the company's HR next. HR called two days later, we had a short phone interview where I was asked what I thought makes a good manager, what salary I expected to receive and how soon I could start. Basically, just making sure I had good common sense and would be a viable employee. Got the offer phone the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, the salary was simply included in the offer letter I received. However, it was right between the range that I told my phone interviewer I expected it to fall in.