Cracker Barrel

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in July 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews. One over the phone. the next in person.

Interview Question – No difficulty with questions. Interview was decent.   Answer Question

Perry, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2010.

Interview Details – one phone interview with a recruiter and then an in person interview with the hiring district manager.

Interview Question – All the company is interested in is how well you can coach and develop. Be very familiar with "Situational Leadership," read the book, I'm serious. If you know this in and out you will be hired regardless of experience. It is the basis for their star system on the employees uniforms.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I should have but I didn't. Others who came after me could negotiate at least 5-7.5k additional. They will try to low ball you. This is a very demanding job and they are will to compensate you to retain you long term.

Associate Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in December 2011.

Interview Details – drug test 2-3 interviews

Interview Question – I dont remember any difficult questions. I was hired within and was very comfortable with my upper management   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wasnt enough

Orlando, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – Received a call because my resume was seen online. Set up HR interview which lead to an interview with the District Manager, which went very well. He was extremely easy to talk to and made me feel at ease.

Interview Question – Just your basics "strengths and weaknesses" type. I think because of my experience and references, they kept it pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, offer was very generous.

Associate Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was introduced to Cracker Barrel by a recruiter, and overall I was not impressed by the hiring process. The HR person with the company was fine, but when it came to an actual interview with the district manager, I was put off twice, and only when I told them I was moving on did I actually get an interview with that DM, and oddly enough it was a telephone interview, and he hired me over the phone. I recieved a written offer less than 48 hours later. It just didn't seem very professional to me; more like an inconvenience to that DM, but he is no longer with the company...Nowadays I hear it is much different.

Interview Question – What is most important to you with regards to your job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made a very generous offer, and I really was quite happy with it, so there really was no negotiation.

Nashville, TN

I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2012.

Interview Details – Few Phone Screens from an outside recruiter then from a company recruiter then interview during peak period in store with a DM

Slidell, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in April 2008.

Interview Details – It all started with an email from a recruter. Then a phone interview, within the same week I had a Face to face interview with the recrutor for the region. Then met with the DM and the following day I was offered the possition. All in all the hiring process took 2 weeks.

Interview Question – who were the employees that you have had the most diffaculty with in the past.   View Answer

Douglasville, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2009.

Interview Details – First interview was with a regional recruiter. Had a phone interview that led to an in-person interview. Took the standard test. Second interview was with potential District Manager. Very in-depth. Took over an hour. Nearly zero "theory questions". All questions dealt with actual experiences that have taken place in my time in the industry.

Interview Question – Simply the fact that all the questions dealt very specifically with what has taken place and how I reacted or was proactive. Did not care what would you do, but rather what you did. No room for BS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were simply limited to which stores would be in my "list". I ended up with an offer that included the possibility of 5 different stores. Did not find out which one until I had only 2 weeks of training left.

Very Easy Interview

Huntsville, AL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview first with their recruiter/ drug test, backround check etc to follow/ follow up interview with supervisors etc. Very intense, I think they do great in selecting their managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – salary. Be honest, dont ever bad mouth your current employer, its tacky.

Associate Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – Recruiter Interview
DM Interview
GM (day in the life) if you request
Training - 8 weeks (4 in Lebanon TN & 4 in training store
Store assignment (make sure you get a 3 store guarantee) or you might find yourself driving long distance to work or having to relocate.

Interview Question – How are you when you're working under pressure?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cracker Barrel

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cracker Barrel Associate Manager interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cracker Barrel employees and interview candidates.