Cracker Barrel Associate Manager Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Received a call because my resume was seen online. Set up HR interview which lead to an interview with the District Manager, which went very well. He was extremely easy to talk to and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Just your basics "strengths and weaknesses" type. I think because of my experience and references, they kept it pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was very generous.

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Nashville, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

Few Phone Screens from an outside recruiter then from a company recruiter then interview during peak period in store with a DM

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in July 2012.

Interview

Two interviews. One over the phone. the next in person.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Huntsville, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview first with their recruiter/ drug test, backround check etc to follow/ follow up interview with supervisors etc. Very intense, I think they do great in selecting their managers.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your management style?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

salary. Be honest, dont ever bad mouth your current employer, its tacky.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Recruiter was nice. Mostly talked about fantasy football. District manager was kind of arrogant and accused me of being late when I wasn't. He double checked and realized he was wrong but didn't apologize. Took some behavioral and aptitude tests. Ask some industry related questions.

Interview Questions

• How to handle an upset guest. What to do when stress levels rise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Made offer, I countered and they accepted. NEVER TAKE THEIR FIRST OFFER. They will always come back with a better offer. They are running a business and have shareholders to answer to.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in February 2011.

Interview

I was introduced to Cracker Barrel by a recruiter, and overall I was not impressed by the hiring process. The HR person with the company was fine, but when it came to an actual interview with the district manager, I was put off twice, and only when I told them I was moving on did I actually get an interview with that DM, and oddly enough it was a telephone interview, and he hired me over the phone. I recieved a written offer less than 48 hours later. It just didn't seem very professional to me; more like an inconvenience to that DM, but he is no longer with the company...Nowadays I hear it is much different.

Interview Questions

• What is most important to you with regards to your job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made a very generous offer, and I really was quite happy with it, so there really was no negotiation.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel in December 2010.

Interview

December 2010. Over the course of three (4) interviews- two by phone, two at restaurant location an hour away. Phone and first in-person interview was with regional HR recruiter. (In my case) he asked the basic questions about experience and my interest in coming to the company. He asked salary range (as a manager, don't go less than $55k) as well as whether I would relocate or how far to and from I would travel to work each day. Second phone call, week later, was to confirm background and drug screening, and set up formal in-person interview, later in the week. Went to a designated restaurant mid-afternoon. One other prospect was awiting an interview while HR man finished with another. He paused he interview, came over, said hello, found me a seat and offered a drink. I waited only a few minutes before he brought paperwork for me to fill out. These included a personality test (of the MMPI sort) and an a basic skills/mental ability test (not exactly like an IQ test, but probably rated high for g). Filled out tests and other paperwork and waited for him to finish with the interviewee in front of me (he was later hired, also). When I sat down with HR man he had already processed (keyed) my tests (that surprised me) and he told me I scored very high (I thought I was done in at that point- I tried to minimize impact of skills test a little and demonstrate a firm, consistent position in the personality test). We had a very good conversation, he liked me and wanted to move ahead. Next, about a week later, interviewed with District Manager for the area I would be hired for. I was given heads up by an outside recruiter (who originally convinced me to apply) that this guy was tough. He was tough, but not in a tricky way. No BS, straightforward, wanted plain answers. He got them from me. He informed me he would like to bring me on and that HR would be in touch. A few days later HR man called to make an offer (lowball, a little, but I asked much higher than I was willing to take). I said yes, started training two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why was I looking to leave the company I was with. I hate having to obfuscate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got what I was more or less after.

Anonymous Employee in Perry, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Perry, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

one phone interview with a recruiter and then an in person interview with the hiring district manager.

Interview Questions

• All the company is interested in is how well you can coach and develop. Be very familiar with "Situational Leadership," read the book, I'm serious. If you know this in and out you will be hired regardless of experience. It is the basis for their star system on the employees uniforms.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I should have but I didn't. Others who came after me could negotiate at least 5-7.5k additional. They will try to low ball you. This is a very demanding job and they are will to compensate you to retain you long term.

Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Douglasville, GA) in June 2009.

Interview

First interview was with a regional recruiter. Had a phone interview that led to an in-person interview. Took the standard test. Second interview was with potential District Manager. Very in-depth. Took over an hour. Nearly zero "theory questions". All questions dealt with actual experiences that have taken place in my time in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Simply the fact that all the questions dealt very specifically with what has taken place and how I reacted or was proactive. Did not care what would you do, but rather what you did. No room for BS   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were simply limited to which stores would be in my "list". I ended up with an offer that included the possibility of 5 different stores. Did not find out which one until I had only 2 weeks of training left.

Anonymous Employee in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Slidell, LA) in April 2008.

Interview

It all started with an email from a recruter. Then a phone interview, within the same week I had a Face to face interview with the recrutor for the region. Then met with the DM and the following day I was offered the possition. All in all the hiring process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• who were the employees that you have had the most diffaculty with in the past.   1 Answer