Cracker Barrel

2.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Received a call because my resume was seen online. Set up HR interview which lead to an interview with the District Manager, which went very well. He was extremely easy to talk to and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions
  • Just your basics "strengths and weaknesses" type. I think because of my experience and references, they kept it pretty straightforward.   Answer Question
No negotiation, offer was very generous.

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

interviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2012.

Few Phone Screens from an outside recruiter then from a company recruiter then interview during peak period in store with a DM

Associate Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in July 2012.

Two interviews. One over the phone. the next in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in January 2012.

Phone interview first with their recruiter/ drug test, backround check etc to follow/ follow up interview with supervisors etc. Very intense, I think they do great in selecting their managers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your management style?   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?   View Answer
    salary. Be honest, dont ever bad mouth your current employer, its tacky.

Associate Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in December 2011.

drug test 2-3 interviews

Interview Questions
    • I dont remember any difficult questions. I was hired within and was very comfortable with my upper management   Answer Question

Wasnt enough

Associate Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cracker Barrel in November 2011.

im an intern, so i interviewed with my general, disrtict manager and the regional vice president. Asked about my goals with the company. They are always looking for someone to run a store aka...general manager. They ask alot about your morals and values. They really take pride in those qualities.

Associate Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in February 2011.

I was introduced to Cracker Barrel by a recruiter, and overall I was not impressed by the hiring process. The HR person with the company was fine, but when it came to an actual interview with the district manager, I was put off twice, and only when I told them I was moving on did I actually get an interview with that DM, and oddly enough it was a telephone interview, and he hired me over the phone. I recieved a written offer less than 48 hours later. It just didn't seem very professional to me; more like an inconvenience to that DM, but he is no longer with the company...Nowadays I hear it is much different.

Interview Questions
    • What is most important to you with regards to your job?   View Answer
    They made a very generous offer, and I really was quite happy with it, so there really was no negotiation.

Associate Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in December 2010.

December 2010. Over the course of three (4) interviews- two by phone, two at restaurant location an hour away. Phone and first in-person interview was with regional HR recruiter. (In my case) he asked the basic questions about experience and my interest in coming to the company. He asked salary range (as a manager, don't go less than $55k) as well as whether I would relocate or how far to and from I would travel to work each day. Second phone call, week later, was to confirm background and drug screening, and set up formal in-person interview, later in the week. Went to a designated restaurant mid-afternoon. One other prospect was awiting an interview while HR man finished with another. He paused he interview, came over, said hello, found me a seat and offered a drink. I waited only a few minutes before he brought paperwork for me to fill out. These included a personality test (of the MMPI sort) and an a basic skills/mental ability test (not exactly like an IQ test, but probably rated high for g). Filled out tests and other paperwork and waited for him to finish with the interviewee in front of me (he was later hired, also). When I sat down with HR man he had already processed (keyed) my tests (that surprised me) and he told me I scored very high (I thought I was done in at that point- I tried to minimize impact of skills test a little and demonstrate a firm, consistent position in the personality test). We had a very good conversation, he liked me and wanted to move ahead. Next, about a week later, interviewed with District Manager for the area I would be hired for. I was given heads up by an outside recruiter (who originally convinced me to apply) that this guy was tough. He was tough, but not in a tricky way. No BS, straightforward, wanted plain answers. He got them from me. He informed me he would like to bring me on and that HR would be in touch. A few days later HR man called to make an offer (lowball, a little, but I asked much higher than I was willing to take). I said yes, started training two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Why was I looking to leave the company I was with. I hate having to obfuscate.   View Answer
    I got what I was more or less after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perry, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perry, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2010.

one phone interview with a recruiter and then an in person interview with the hiring district manager.

Interview Questions
    • All the company is interested in is how well you can coach and develop. Be very familiar with "Situational Leadership," read the book, I'm serious. If you know this in and out you will be hired regardless of experience. It is the basis for their star system on the employees uniforms.   Answer Question
    I should have but I didn't. Others who came after me could negotiate at least 5-7.5k additional. They will try to low ball you. This is a very demanding job and they are will to compensate you to retain you long term.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2009.

First interview was with a regional recruiter. Had a phone interview that led to an in-person interview. Took the standard test. Second interview was with potential District Manager. Very in-depth. Took over an hour. Nearly zero "theory questions". All questions dealt with actual experiences that have taken place in my time in the industry.

Interview Questions
    • Simply the fact that all the questions dealt very specifically with what has taken place and how I reacted or was proactive. Did not care what would you do, but rather what you did. No room for BS   Answer Question
    Negotiations were simply limited to which stores would be in my "list". I ended up with an offer that included the possibility of 5 different stores. Did not find out which one until I had only 2 weeks of training left.