Cracker Barrel Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Columbia, SC).

Interview

A total waste of time. The interviewer know what hours I could work and never told me I had to be paired with someone else. This is a restaurant that is open at night.....how is it no one to train me at night?

I gave my availability and I was called with a job offer pending my background which was dumb, normally a job would run that before they call. I called a few days later to enquire and I was told I had to work whatever they decide for a week. What happened to flexibility? School comes first, who wants to wear stars on there chest for ever?

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2015.

Interview

I had a friend who was recently hired as a server. She mentioned to her manager that I was looking for a job and she told my friend they were hiring. I went to the store that day (Thursday) and my friend introduced me to the manager. I was handed an application and sat down at a table to fill it out. Afterwards, the manager sat down with me and asked about my schooling and I told her I was in college. She said great and said she would set me up with an interview at 8am on Monday. On Monday I arrived about 15 minutes early and was directed to a table and offered a glass of water. A different manager showed up about 5 minutes later and sat down to interview me. She asked me to tell her about myself. She then went over my application and confirmed the position I wanted. She then asked about my availability. She then asked if I was comfortable selling things to others and if I was comfortable talking to people. We talked about my past job and she asked me to fill out the background check form. She then said I was being offered a job and gave me the info about uniforms and orientation!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barboursville, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Barboursville, WV) in May 2015.

Interview

I immediately was hired on the spot because of the effort I put in to get hired clothing wise. I was told I was the best dressed they had seen in a while.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to get out of working here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

Walked in with resume, received first interview on spot. Asked to come in next day to speak with GM and he offered me the job pending my clean background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Accepted job at base pay with promise of pay increase within a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager was really sweet. Made me feel really comfortable Was told a lot about the company, what they expect out of employees Liked me so much I didn't have to have a second interview

Interview Questions

• Working holidays was mandatory   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jasper, AL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Jasper, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed at the beginning of September. One of the managers told me I "wasn't flexible with the hours" although I stated on my application that I'd be willing to work at opening time till 7. After that, he told me there were no server positions, but another manager would call me about a cashier position for another interview. I so far have not received a call back. I consider it highly unprofessional and results in high turnover when a manager lies and tells you that you'll receive a phone call. I will wait and see, but overall it has left me with a bad taste in my mouth - and not just from the very overrated food.

Interview Questions

• It was about the hours. I was pretty flexible, but apparently they want slave labor to work all hours of the night to wash silverwear.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Clairsville, OH

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Saint Clairsville, OH).

Interview

Very quick and straight forward. They just want to know about your availability to work and you can't have any visible tattoos, painted nails, out of the ordinary piercings, or a crazy color of hair.

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Bentonville, AR) in April 2014.

Interview

The store was just opening so the hiring process is going vary greatly from others. I walked in one day, just intending to grab an application but ended up filling it out right then. I then went to have my first interview with a restaurant manager, then with the retail manager. I applied and got the job in about an hour. 1 hour hiring process. They didn't even call my references. Also the best way to get hired, go in person (look nice) ask cashier for application fill it out, request to see manager. Make sure you go in from about 2-4 p.m. on a weekday (Monday is the best). Managers will be less busy then, and more likely to listen to what you're saying.

Interview Questions

• The retail manager picked an object off his desk and asked me to sell it to him.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Tampa, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Filled an application spoke to a manager which is your 1st interview ask to come back for a 2nd interview and was hired

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

My hiring process wasn't that bad because I had a friend that worked with before and she put in a good word for me. But as of late, the application process (at my store not sure of others) has been very unorganized. It's supposed to be every week, Monday-Thursday between 2-4 ppl can turn in applications and have a brief interview when they turn the application in but needless to say our store has lots of applications that have not been reviewed and lots of ppl who haven't been interviewed!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, they pay a little above minimum wage but that depends on your experience