Cracker Barrel

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jackson, MS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in as is and it only took one day. If you look presentable and you talk properly, they will like you. You don't ask for a particular position, but if you don't have much experience but you are pretty (a girl) they will make you a hostess. if you are less attractive or just have a lot of server experience, they will make you a server

Interview Question – What do you think Crackle Barrel is about?   View Answer

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – I put in an application at the store and was instantly given an interview with an associate manager. He then told me that my second interview would be the general manager and gave me the time of the interview. I had my second interview with the general manager and was offered the job. He had me come back two days later so fill out my paperwork and then he gave me my start date.

Interview Question – How well you do you handle conflict with other people?   View Answer

Willoughby, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in September 2011.

Interview Details – You get two face to face interviews. One with an assistant manager and with the general manager. If you get the second interview than you got the job.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you went above and beyond what you were expected?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed I was offered more than I was making.

Florida City, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2012.

Interview Details – First you fill out and application and ask to see a manager, after that a manager see you and lets you know if you qualify for any position available. Then, they either tell you to come back or to wait for a call.

Interview Question – Overall the question asked where very easy.   View Answer

Hostess

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a callback 2 days later for an interview. Had an interview with an associate manager, then the next day I had an interview with the general manager. Received a job offer and I started training the following day.

Interview Question – What made you want to apply to Cracker Barrel?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate base pay

Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – I walked in, asked for a job, they interviewed me and called me back. That simple...

Interview Question – Nothing really, I was asked why I thought I would be a good person for Cracker Barrel.   Answer Question

Sturbridge, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2013.

Interview Details – The manager there, who is no longer working (was fired) basically gave me an interview on the spot without seeing an application. He gave me a date for an interview and had me fill it out and bring it with me then. I was offered a job as a server, but after reviewing my availability, they told me they could only accept me as a hostess. The only way you can cross train is when you receive your second "star" which is basically after you pass a test on hospitality and knowledge of your job, you receive a star along with a 12-14% raise in your paycheck.

Interview Question – What is your biggest flaw.   View Answer

Interviewed at Cracker Barrel

Interview Details – I had my interview immediately after I put in my application. They treated me with respect and we extremely nice.

Interview Question – everything was extremely easy. there weren't any questions that put me on edge. very simple   Answer Question

Virginia Beach, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in October 2010.

Interview Details – applied via snagajob, was called the next day to come fill out a paper application, waited around for a hour for the gm after the associate manager spoke to me. gm then left the middle of the interview for another hour, he came back and offered me a job. interview was basic/ generic why do you want to work for cracker barrel questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – starting pay was minimum wage 7.25 i negotiated to start at 8.00 after asking 9.00 to start since i have 5 years of restaurant experience. corporate sets a level of pay that the manager can give and after you hit 9.50 an hour pay you no longer will get a raise for the rest of your "career" at cracker barrel.

Lexington, NC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in March 2010.

Interview Details – I first applied in store with a reference from a friend already working there. My friend pretty much told me that all I needed was a good smile and I'd get in. A few weeks later I had already written them off but I finally got an interview with one of the assistant managers for a server position. It was pretty casual basic "why do you want to work here, what is most important when serving customers" kind of stuff which took a good 15 mins. He talked me out of a server position because I didn't have any experience but offered a hostess position. A few days later I got another interview with the head manager which signaled that I had got the job otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the second interview. The second interview consisted of talking more about paper work my responsibilities as a hostess.

Interview Question – What do you think good customer service consists of?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cracker Barrel

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cracker Barrel Hostess interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cracker Barrel employees and interview candidates.