Cracker Barrel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Par IV Server Interview

Par IV Server
Kankakee, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – Quick easy in and out hired on the spot! They hired me while I was currently pregnant.. They dont discriminate at all!
They had a great person for the orientation. I loved it.

Server Interview

Server
Louisville, KY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – It takes three interviews with different managers to be hired ending with the GM making the final decision. There is lots of computer work after hired. 5 days of very good training. Cracker Barrel will hire servers with no experience if they feel you have the personality for the position.

Interview Question – Questions are easy and basic, why do you want do work here, where have you worked before, server experience etc.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server
Anderson, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in July 2014.

Interview Details – I went in on July 4th to apply for the position of server. I filled out an application in the store, then turned it in that day. I was told I would have been interviewed that day had it not been so busy. Instead, I was told I would be called to schedule an interview. I waited a week and heard nothing. One week after turning in my application, I went in, asked to see a manager, and inquired as to whether I was waiting in vain for the call. He told me that they typically interview on weekdays between 2-4 and that I could either come in later that day or Monday. I chose to interview at 3:15 that day. I went in, told the cashier I was their for an interview, and waited for the manager to show me where to go. I was told to sit at an empty table in the third section of the restaurant. The manager was already there interviewing someone else; I had to wait for that interview to finish, then was asked to move to the table he was at. He asked me several questions about previous restaurant experience (of which I have none), and I was asked several questions that were too strange to answer in a straight forward way. After a pretty iffy interview, he asked what I would bring to the company. Having learned everything I could about Cracker Barrel and its history, I pretty much just geeked out on him about everything I knew. He laughed, said "that's actually pretty scary, I guess we pretty much have to hire you now", then told me I could come back for a second interview the following week. He did, however, put me down as interviewing for a hostess, server instead of just the server position that I wanted. Still waiting for the second interview, which I have tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation in which your actions didn't match up with your meaning.   View Answer
  • If Mr. Peters asked for a Bacon Cheeseburger and fries, what do you bring him?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation yet. I still have the second interview to do. You can't negotiate your hourly pay, but I've heard they'll work with you on how many hours you need to get by.

Hostess/Server Interview

Hostess/Server
Dayton, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – Walked into local store and filled out the application when I returned home. I came back in dress shirt and tie and interviewed quickly because of the general manager knowing me as an acquaintance. Even without knowing anyone, getting hired as a host/server is very easy usually as long as you are very friendly and "pleasing people" is natural to you. If you always smile and are positive, you should easily have the job. Then, 90 days and you can be working as a grill cook, prep cook, cashier, retail... You must make multiple personal stops by the store to check on your application and not take it personal when assistant managers keep giving you the run around about your application! Most of the time, if you go in and a manager shrugs you off, go in again and another manager will likely give you a chance... if not, do it again and find another manager who will finally set you up an interview. DO NOT take a manager giving you the "we will look at your application and contact you if we are interested" personal, and believe they really will. Go in and give them a personal encounter with you, just make sure it is between two and four pm, during the weekdays, not friday, saturday, or sunday please. Going in during peak times is a sure way to set you up for failure.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation sought, I was happy with a foot in the door.

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Lebanon, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in July 2011.

Interview Details – Really long, canned questions. Interviewers not overly friendly. Basically there were way too many interviews involved and those interviewing really had their noses in the air.

Interview Question – They were totally canned and did not seem to particularly apply to the position.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Associate Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in November 2011.

Interview Details – im an intern, so i interviewed with my general, disrtict manager and the regional vice president. Asked about my goals with the company. They are always looking for someone to run a store aka...general manager. They ask alot about your morals and values. They really take pride in those qualities.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Jackson, MS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in as is and it only took one day. If you look presentable and you talk properly, they will like you. You don't ask for a particular position, but if you don't have much experience but you are pretty (a girl) they will make you a hostess. if you are less attractive or just have a lot of server experience, they will make you a server

Interview Question – What do you think Crackle Barrel is about?   View Answer

Retail Interview

Retail

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a very friendly interview just a few questions about your personality. It was in the restaurant and was told what I had to do and how they are like a family and would love for me to be apart of it.

Interview Question – Are you okay with cleaning nasty bathrooms?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – I put in an application at the store and was instantly given an interview with an associate manager. He then told me that my second interview would be the general manager and gave me the time of the interview. I had my second interview with the general manager and was offered the job. He had me come back two days later so fill out my paperwork and then he gave me my start date.

Interview Question – How well you do you handle conflict with other people?   View Answer

Cashier/Retail Interview

Cashier/Retail
Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in May 2014.

Interview Details – I went to my local Cracker Barrel and applied in person and was interviewed that same day by the Male Manager. After the interview he told me I was qualified for the position and told me twice he would call me for a second interview with the other manager (who was just hired) when he got her schedule in order. Two weeks later and have heard nothing from them, guess honesty isn't their first priority. I have another job now, but if you say you're going to call someone then you should it's common curiosity, and Cracker Barrel at least the one in my town is seriously lacking it.

Interview Question – None, all questions were easy.   View Answer

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!