Cracker Barrel

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.1

Busser/Dishwasher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Simple questions nothing to hard to answer I have a second interview tomorrow and I expect to get a job offer. He said I could. Be a dishwasher or a busser my choice

Server/Skill Trainer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Took to long kept going in the back didn't care about me waiting. He repeated his self numerous times because he couldn't keep track of what he was saying from continuously going in and out of the back. Don't schedule a interview if there's not another manager there to work while you conduct it.

Interview Questions
    • None really. They asked why should I hire you, what makes you good for the job, what would you do in a situation with a customer being upset, what would you do in a situation when a customer feels discriminated against, just questions like that and then they were asked again on the computer modules you have to do as well   Answer Question
    Nothing other than hours

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in December 2014.

I was looking for a job for about two months then decided to apply to Cracker Barrel. I have friend that works there and he referred me. I brought in my application on the Monday after Thanksgiving and was interviewed on the spot(I also dressed up in slacks, a tunic, and a cardigan with flats). I brought my resume so he just looked at my volunteer experience and asked about that. Then he set up a second meeting with the GM (general manager) that Wednesday. On Wednesday I also dressed up even nicer(really nice blouse, light pink cardigan, and slacks with flats). Since he really liked the person i was referred by he believed that i was a good person. He then set up a orientation date and explained how things worked and what i would have to wear. I cant wait to actually start working at my first job. Also I'm 16 years old and in high school, i got the hostess job.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were easy it just was about my volunteer experience they want to see if you have good communication skills. They also asked about what school I went to. No situational questions or anything but they did also ask the dreadful "tell me about yourself" but it wasn't hard for me because i just talked about volunteer stuff that i do and some of my characteristics.   View Answer
    There were no negotiations i took what i was offered which was part-time 8.45 around a hour.

Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

First a phone interview with a recruiter..followed by an online assessment..face to face interview with a Dm which I was not impressed by ..followed by another phone interview with another Dm.. no idea exactly what they are looking for.

Server/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in October 2014.

Walked in to eat dinner with some friends and decided to just apply because I hadn't had any luck with other restaurants. After I filled out the form, I had to wait for a bit but it was understandable seeing as how they were pretty busy. When there was a free manager, we sat down and he interviewed me right there! Wasn't expecting it but was actually happy I could get it out of the way. He was really nice and laid back and said to just honestly answer the questions the way I normally would. The questions were mainly about where I used to work and they had me describe a couple scenarios that had occurred to me before and how I handled them. There were still other applicants to interview so now all I'm waiting on is a call within the next week or so. I really do want to work there! Everybody seems so nice and the hostess was really conversational about her job and what it was like there. The manager was really a cool dude too.

Interview Questions
    • What is a problem there has been with a customer in the past, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in October 2014.

I was planned to go in the first time after the lunch crowd, but the lady had to cancel while I was standing there waiting to be interviewed. The next day I spoke with the manager and we barely spoke about the job. It was mostly just random things like college and the local high school football teams scores

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what my schedule was like from 3 different people in the store   Answer Question
    • They asked about my experience working   Answer Question

The pay is terrible. It's below minimum wage, and you are busting your butt to probably just barely make minimum wage or lower.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jasper, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jasper, AL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cracker Barrel in September 2014.

I was interviewed at the beginning of September. One of the managers told me I "wasn't flexible with the hours" although I stated on my application that I'd be willing to work at opening time till 7. After that, he told me there were no server positions, but another manager would call me about a cashier position for another interview. I so far have not received a call back. I consider it highly unprofessional and results in high turnover when a manager lies and tells you that you'll receive a phone call. I will wait and see, but overall it has left me with a bad taste in my mouth - and not just from the very overrated food.

Interview Questions
    • It was about the hours. I was pretty flexible, but apparently they want slave labor to work all hours of the night to wash silverwear.   View Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in September 2014.

I walk into the resteraunt and receive an application from the cashier. I filled it out in my car, and I took it back inside. The cashier then lets the other employees know that there was an applicant that turned in his application with his communication device. Then I am directed by a waitress to sit in the third section of seating and told that a manager will come and interview me. A few minutes later the manager comes, and we talk for a minute. He was very nice and laid back. I forgot to fill out the opposite side of the cream-colored form. I didn't notice it, and when the manager turned the back page over, I apologized for not filling it out. I felt pretty bad for not checking it. He asked me if I had any previous work experience. I said no. He asked me why I wanted to work for Cracker Barrel, and I told him that the reasons why I wanted to do so was because I loved the food, and I just wanted to start somewhere as being a server if they hired me. This is my first interview as an applicant for a business! I'd say it wasn't bad.

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Phone Interview, personality test, second face-to-face interview. The process took several weeks to complete which was frustrating. I was relatively available at the time, so it definitely felt like I was working around their schedule which made me feel not wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Math portion was unexpected and quite long. I am relatively good at math so did not struggle with it, but took my time through it because I wanted to do my best. I thought it was excessive but went with the flow.   Answer Question
    I did negotiate. I learned long time ago to never take a step backwards. They slightly exceeded my offer which told me I could have went a bit higher, but I was satisfied at the time.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Clairsville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Clairsville, OH

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Very quick and straight forward. They just want to know about your availability to work and you can't have any visible tattoos, painted nails, out of the ordinary piercings, or a crazy color of hair.