Cracker Barrel

Very Easy Interview

Grill Cook Interview

Grill Cook
Titusville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in February 2013.

Interview Details – Basic Interview process including a one on one interview. Hiring process includes 3 to 4 days of computer testing and training followed by a 90 day probation period (rising star).
Most employees are too high strung or unprofessional, some seeming distant from reality, ironically these are usually the same ones who have been employed the longest.

Interview Question – Interview process was basic in regaurds to any other restaurant interview.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server
Barboursville, WV

I applied online - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in February 2014.

Interview Details – There are two interviews. The first one is with human resources mgr. I was told to wear my Sunday best and I wore a suit. He asked about the salary I expected, hours, and even what I planned for my future. He explained that they are like a family down home atmosphere, therefore morals and personality are important.

Interview Question – Biggest Weakness   View Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Retail Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – I called the store just to ask about hiring opps for 16 year olds & was asked to come in! I came in, was interviewed with manager for servers & then was referred to retail manager. I was interviewed by her a few days later, then called back for interview with the store manager. The interview with the store manager was really nice, she & I just talked about the role I would have, she got to know me, & got a feel of my personality. The interview with the store manager was a bit more intense and straightforward!

Interview Question – Suprisingly, I wasn't prepared to answer-- "How do you expect to handle this and your heavy school work?"   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Communications Specialist

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – First interviewed with HR then the department manager and department head. Everyone reviewed my portfolio and asked typical behavior type questions. Describe a difficult situation you have handled. What do you do with a difficult coworker? Those type of questions.

Interview Question – Don't remember there being one.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Willoughby, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in September 2011.

Interview Details – You get two face to face interviews. One with an assistant manager and with the general manager. If you get the second interview than you got the job.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you went above and beyond what you were expected?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed I was offered more than I was making.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – hr interview, and an interview with a district manager and possibly general manager before being hired. 6 weeks training out of state.

Interview Question – Pretty standard stuff   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Florida City, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2012.

Interview Details – First you fill out and application and ask to see a manager, after that a manager see you and lets you know if you qualify for any position available. Then, they either tell you to come back or to wait for a call.

Interview Question – Overall the question asked where very easy.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Chattanooga, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2011.

Interview Details – Visited store and turned in application. Interviewed by General Manager and Area Director

Server Interview

Server
Meadville, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had an interview with one of the store managers at a table in the restaurant during a slow period. Very basic interview questions were asked concerning longevity, how I heard about the position, had I been to Cracker Barrel previously, etc. There were customers at other tables in the dining room. I dressed professionally.

Interview Question – I was asked what I would do in a difficult situation and how I would handle it. Since I had previous restaurant experience, I was asked how I handled a difficult situation in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room to negotiate, they told me they would be in touch after the interview. I was called several days later and they informed me of the training days and what uniform I needed to wear.

Prep Cook Interview

Prep Cook
Pell City, AL

I applied in-person and interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with mid level manger and then general manger. Fairly innocuous interview. If you have experience you can slightly negotiate for your starting salary.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Based on previous experience I was able to ask for a slightly higher starting salary.