Cracker Barrel

2.1

Cashier/Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in May 2014.

I went to my local Cracker Barrel and applied in person and was interviewed that same day by the Male Manager. After the interview he told me I was qualified for the position and told me twice he would call me for a second interview with the other manager (who was just hired) when he got her schedule in order. Two weeks later and have heard nothing from them, guess honesty isn't their first priority. I have another job now, but if you say you're going to call someone then you should it's common curiosity, and Cracker Barrel at least the one in my town is seriously lacking it.

Dishwasher/Busboy Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in May 2014.

The interview was very short and easy. The manager asked very basic questions. They were in immediate need for a busser so I was hired on the spot. Initally, I did not have a very good experience starting out; during orientation I arrived in the wrong colored shirt and was sent home, then there was an issue with my social security number and was not paid for weeks. Luckily the manager was nice enough to work through all of these issues with me and now I enjoy it.

Bussing is a very physically demanding job and we earn our pay.

I couldn't argue with $8.35 per hour

Retail Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

I called the store just to ask about hiring opps for 16 year olds & was asked to come in! I came in, was interviewed with manager for servers & then was referred to retail manager. I was interviewed by her a few days later, then called back for interview with the store manager. The interview with the store manager was really nice, she & I just talked about the role I would have, she got to know me, & got a feel of my personality. The interview with the store manager was a bit more intense and straightforward!

Interview Questions
    • Suprisingly, I wasn't prepared to answer-- "How do you expect to handle this and your heavy school work?"   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

First interviewed with HR then the department manager and department head. Everyone reviewed my portfolio and asked typical behavior type questions. Describe a difficult situation you have handled. What do you do with a difficult coworker? Those type of questions.

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

hr interview, and an interview with a district manager and possibly general manager before being hired. 6 weeks training out of state.

Retail Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in April 2014.

It was a very friendly interview just a few questions about your personality. It was in the restaurant and was told what I had to do and how they are like a family and would love for me to be apart of it.

None

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pell City, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pell City, AL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Two interviews, one with mid level manger and then general manger. Fairly innocuous interview. If you have experience you can slightly negotiate for your starting salary.

Interview Questions
    Based on previous experience I was able to ask for a slightly higher starting salary.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

I applied online, got a callback 2 days later for an interview. Had an interview with an associate manager, then the next day I had an interview with the general manager. Received a job offer and I started training the following day.

Interview Questions
    not able to negotiate base pay

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

I walked in, asked for a job, they interviewed me and called me back. That simple...

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, I was asked why I thought I would be a good person for Cracker Barrel.   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Applied through snag-a-job, was contacted a few days later. No questions were asked; the manager simply explained the job duties. We both agreed I wasn't a fit.