Cracker Barrel

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.1

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

hr interview, and an interview with a district manager and possibly general manager before being hired. 6 weeks training out of state.

Retail Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in April 2014.

It was a very friendly interview just a few questions about your personality. It was in the restaurant and was told what I had to do and how they are like a family and would love for me to be apart of it.

None

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pell City, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pell City, AL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Two interviews, one with mid level manger and then general manger. Fairly innocuous interview. If you have experience you can slightly negotiate for your starting salary.

Interview Questions
    Based on previous experience I was able to ask for a slightly higher starting salary.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

I applied online, got a callback 2 days later for an interview. Had an interview with an associate manager, then the next day I had an interview with the general manager. Received a job offer and I started training the following day.

Interview Questions
    not able to negotiate base pay

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

I walked in, asked for a job, they interviewed me and called me back. That simple...

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, I was asked why I thought I would be a good person for Cracker Barrel.   Answer Question

Dishwasher/Busboy Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

I applied on Snag-A-Job. Got a call to come in for an interview in less than a week. I went through two interviews the second was with the store manager. Really basic interview ; not many questions. The tried to stress that being a dishwasher was a dirty job. I was already aware of what it would be like from elsewhere. They conducted a background check too.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything difficult. Not much to ask I guess it's washing dishes. They did stress how it was not a glamorous job.   Answer Question
    I was started at $9 an hour

Dishwasher Interview

Applied through snag-a-job, was contacted a few days later. No questions were asked; the manager simply explained the job duties. We both agreed I wasn't a fit.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in February 2014.

Filled an application spoke to a manager which is your 1st interview ask to come back for a 2nd interview and was hired

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barboursville, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barboursville, WV

I applied online – interviewed at Cracker Barrel in February 2014.

There are two interviews. The first one is with human resources mgr. I was told to wear my Sunday best and I wore a suit. He asked about the salary I expected, hours, and even what I planned for my future. He explained that they are like a family down home atmosphere, therefore morals and personality are important.

Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

The more ex-employees that there are, or the more smart individuals that go to this site prior to applying for this job, the less people want to apply. This is why they will hire almost anyone that applies. They sit you down at a table in the dining room, ask you a couple questions to make the attempt at interviewing and to make you feel you need to work a little at getting this job, but the truth is, if you show for the interview, you're hired. Believe me I have seen some people hired that never tucked in a shirt, and still didn't after repeated warnings from management.

Interview Questions
    • There really isn't a difficult question they ask. They want to hire you. They need to hire you.   Answer Question