Cracker Barrel

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.1

Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

The more ex-employees that there are, or the more smart individuals that go to this site prior to applying for this job, the less people want to apply. This is why they will hire almost anyone that applies. They sit you down at a table in the dining room, ask you a couple questions to make the attempt at interviewing and to make you feel you need to work a little at getting this job, but the truth is, if you show for the interview, you're hired. Believe me I have seen some people hired that never tucked in a shirt, and still didn't after repeated warnings from management.

Interview Questions
    • There really isn't a difficult question they ask. They want to hire you. They need to hire you.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Received a call because my resume was seen online. Set up HR interview which lead to an interview with the District Manager, which went very well. He was extremely easy to talk to and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions
    • Just your basics "strengths and weaknesses" type. I think because of my experience and references, they kept it pretty straightforward.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, offer was very generous.

Server Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Titusville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Titusville, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

I was interviewed along with hundreds of other prospective employees prior to the grand opening. I was interviewed by two assistant managers and lastly by the general manager. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why Cracker Barrel should hire me over any of the other hundred people waiting?   View Answer
    There was no negotiations as we all were hired at a set hourly wage according to Cracker Barrel policy.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in January 2014.

One of the 5 managers (supervisors) interviewed me. He asked me various questions. Some of them were weird, like how much money I needed to make a week to pay my bills. Some of them normal, like how many hours I would like to work & what days I would be available to work. Apparently they only hire part-time though at this location. Something came across to me as odd during the interview about how the interviewer was talking & asking questions but couldn't place my finger on it. He was kinda skiddish & liked to talk, like he was reiterating the same points in different ways about the company. Almost like he was trying to make the company sound more desirable to work for then it was.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was if I wanted to come back for a second interview. Apparently there are levels in the interview process. Supervisor level & General Manager level.   View Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in January 2014.

The interview was a piece of cake. They made me think I had the job. They told me I would get a callbcallback in a few days. It never came.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

A long process with a lot of testing

Interview Questions
    • the IQ portion of the testing was the most difficult - it was a 4 hour test   View Answer

Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Most people applying have barely made it through high school. If you are semi-intelligent, they will love you. I was not only hired on the spot, I was also offered a management position in my interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw your boss stealing?   View Answer
    No negotiation. They start all employees at minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

My hiring process wasn't that bad because I had a friend that worked with before and she put in a good word for me. But as of late, the application process (at my store not sure of others) has been very unorganized. It's supposed to be every week, Monday-Thursday between 2-4 ppl can turn in applications and have a brief interview when they turn the application in but needless to say our store has lots of applications that have not been reviewed and lots of ppl who haven't been interviewed!

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation, they pay a little above minimum wage but that depends on your experience

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Very run of the mill. They would probably hire chimps if they were acceptable by health codes.

There isnt one

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wytheville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wytheville, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in November 2013.

fill out an application, meet with store manager and the manager for where you will work

When can you start?