Cracker Barrel Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.0

Host/Server/Bus Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardendale, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Gardendale, AL) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied in person and they told me to come back 2 days later on a monday around 2:30. I went and had an interview with an associates manager. She told me to come back the next day around the same time to have another interview. I talked to a different associates manager on the second day and she told me to come back the next day to have another interview. When I arrived on the 3rd interview to cracker barrel, they seemed to be at a busy time in the day. I stood around for 5 minutes waitng to talk to the general manager, but he was busy also. ANOTHER associates manager came around and informed me that there was a conference call that the GM had to attend to but he would try to squeeze me in beforehand. I stood around waiting for another 10 minutes until the same Associate manager sat me down for an interview. A few minutes into this one, the restaurant was getting crowded and the associates manager had to go help. He told me they would call in a week about it. Never got a call back. called after a week and they just told me my application would be in there for 30 days.

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Knoxville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called into the store on a non-busy time during the week after applying online through Indeed.com. I sat down with the assistant manager and general manager. They asked me questions about my availability and previous working experiences. I was hired on the spot upon filling out a paper application.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Called in for an interview with a manager. Asked questions about my education and extracurricular activities. Called back for a second interview and went over same questions, and additionally talked about my schedule and availability.

Interview Questions

• How can you relate a situation from school to one as a hostess?   Answer Question

Cashier/Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Knoxville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

I went to my local Cracker Barrel and applied in person and was interviewed that same day by the Male Manager. After the interview he told me I was qualified for the position and told me twice he would call me for a second interview with the other manager (who was just hired) when he got her schedule in order. Two weeks later and have heard nothing from them, guess honesty isn't their first priority. I have another job now, but if you say you're going to call someone then you should it's common curiosity, and Cracker Barrel at least the one in my town is seriously lacking it.

Interview Questions

• None, all questions were easy.   1 Answer

Dishwasher/Busboy Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was very short and easy. The manager asked very basic questions. They were in immediate need for a busser so I was hired on the spot. Initally, I did not have a very good experience starting out; during orientation I arrived in the wrong colored shirt and was sent home, then there was an issue with my social security number and was not paid for weeks. Luckily the manager was nice enough to work through all of these issues with me and now I enjoy it.

Bussing is a very physically demanding job and we earn our pay.

Negotiation

I couldn't argue with $8.35 per hour

Hostess, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cracker Barrel (Missoula, MT) in May 2014.

Interview

The managers who did my interviews were very scattered and not actually focused on the interview. They clearly did not care about the interview and probably would have hired anyone who walked through their doors.

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

I called the store just to ask about hiring opps for 16 year olds & was asked to come in! I came in, was interviewed with manager for servers & then was referred to retail manager. I was interviewed by her a few days later, then called back for interview with the store manager. The interview with the store manager was really nice, she & I just talked about the role I would have, she got to know me, & got a feel of my personality. The interview with the store manager was a bit more intense and straightforward!

Interview Questions

• Suprisingly, I wasn't prepared to answer-- "How do you expect to handle this and your heavy school work?"   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

First interviewed with HR then the department manager and department head. Everyone reviewed my portfolio and asked typical behavior type questions. Describe a difficult situation you have handled. What do you do with a difficult coworker? Those type of questions.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

hr interview, and an interview with a district manager and possibly general manager before being hired. 6 weeks training out of state.

Retail Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in April 2014.

Interview

It was a very friendly interview just a few questions about your personality. It was in the restaurant and was told what I had to do and how they are like a family and would love for me to be apart of it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None