Cracker Barrel Prep Cook Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pell City, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pell City, AL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Two interviews, one with mid level manger and then general manger. Fairly innocuous interview. If you have experience you can slightly negotiate for your starting salary.

Interview Questions
Based on previous experience I was able to ask for a slightly higher starting salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winter Garden, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Garden, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in May 2012.

I'd applied to this company online 3 previous times with no response. I decided to visit the one nearest to me. I walked in and explained to a new manager that I'd applied online previously with no response. She got a senior manager who gave me a paper job application to fill out right there and then. three different and very personable waitresses stopped by the table I was sitting at to tell me how much they enjoyed working there and which shifts I should take according to company needs or to "get noticed." One waitress told me not to work in the kitchen, but on the floor as a server because she easily made 50 dollars an hour as a server. I finished the application and met with the general manager. He said a couple of different shifts were available and had 2 or 3 more interviews to conduct that same afternoon and someone would get back to me either way. That was yesterday, May 14th, 2012. I'm still waiting and hoping.

Interview Questions
    • So you are available for any and all shifts?   View Answer
    • Is there a minimum amount of money you need to make a week to pay your bills?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2011.

Talked to kitchen supervisor one day for about 10 minutes. He told me to come back a few days later and talk to the General Manager. Talked to her for about 15 minutes. Had to wait a couple more days for my background check to come back. When it did I was offered the job. Management is very nice and upbeat. They also know what they are doing. You go through a training program before you actually start your job. It is pretty thorough, and honestly I have never gone through anything like it for a kitchen position. But you learn a lot in training. You take tests on the computer, there is a lot of reading about the business, what you are expected to do, OSHA MSDS sheets, menu items and how to plate up. I've completed 15 hours of only training so far and I have only worked for three days. And I am not finished with my computer part. Overall though it seems like decent job (since I haven't actually started cooking yet).

Interview Questions
    Depending on what position you apply for, there is a maximum pay rate to start out at. You can get a raise in 30 days. Another raise is available 60 days after that. Another raise is available after 6 months. The economy is poor right now, and this is a better job than most right now that pay $8.50 per hour.

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!