Cracker Barrel

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a very friendly interview just a few questions about your personality. It was in the restaurant and was told what I had to do and how they are like a family and would love for me to be apart of it.

Interview Question – Are you okay with cleaning nasty bathrooms?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Hammond, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – Most people applying have barely made it through high school. If you are semi-intelligent, they will love you. I was not only hired on the spot, I was also offered a management position in my interview.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw your boss stealing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They start all employees at minimum wage.

Fairburn, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty easy, though it was my first ever interview and my first time seeking a job. At this particular Cracker Barrel, it wasn't near opened yet. I saw a banner saying now hiring. So me and my cousin went in the next day as walk ins, filled out an app, and waited in a seat line you could say. I didn't know what was going on. Someone called my name (manager) and she interviewed me. Asked me a few questions. Mostly standard questions. Tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation and how did you handle it? Do you have any work experience? How would you handle a difficult guest? Sell me this.. I waited for about 10 minutes and then interviewed with the Retail Manager. Her questions were more selling techniques and asked me to sell her an item. (It was a picture frame) She hired me on the spot and I recieved the paperwork, etc.

Interview Question – The sell me this question was only difficult because I was extremely nervous, but now looking back at it I did an amazing job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations-Minimum wage for first time worker

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – went into store, filled out job application. Got interviewed by the retail manager then immediately got interviewed by the general manager. took about 2 weeks to really get in once i got hired as they were too busy to call me back

Interview Question – none of the questions where too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Belleville, MI

Interview Details – 2 interviews. 1st with retail manager. 2nd with associate manager. Wasn't very professional. Just talked about everything other then the position I was applying for. Background check then orientation with a bunch of computer training.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had an angry customer in a past job and how did you deal with the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They never talked about my pay to me. I had to go online and see the crappy pay I was getting. Less then $8 an hour! Can't survive on that.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cracker Barrel

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cracker Barrel Retail interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cracker Barrel employees and interview candidates.