Cracker Barrel Retail Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014

1.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in July 2014.

I originally applied online for a cracker barrel near me that was just opening. After about 3 days I received a phone call stating that they had seen my online application and wanted me to come in sometime Monday-Friday Between 9-5 and fill out an application and get an interview on the spot. I came and filled out the application in person I had originally applied for a busser/dishwasher job. One of the managers told me that they didn't have time that specific day for an interview but scheduled a specific time for the following week for me to go in for an interview. By the time I came in for my interview the restaurant was actually opened. They called in a manager and she interviewed me at an empty table and she offered me something to drink. Originally I met with one of the managers who decided that I wouldn't be the best fit for a busser/dishwasher job. As soon as one of the other managers sat down with me for the interview it became clear that they intended to give me a job. I brought in a resume that only had my volunteer experience since after all this will be my first job. She looked over that and my resume. Next we talked about what position would fit me best and she suggested a retail job. Basically she said I would greet customers, help them if they need anything, and gift wrap since they offer gift wrapping for free year round. I wrote on my application and hinted in the interview that I would also be interested in a hostess position. She told me that the host positions are currently full but if they needed someone I would be able to become a hostess. We talked about my plans for college and my ability to transfer and start cross-training for other positions once I become 18 since I am currently a rising high school senior. She had me fill out different paper work which basically told her when I would be available to work during the summer and she had me write down separately when I would be able to work during the school year. Then I signed a paper stating I had never committed a felony etc. Then she gave me a paper telling me what the uniform was and a list of things to bring to the orientation and we scheduled my orientation for next week. I look forward to working there as my first job :)

Interview Questions
  • Do you plan to go to a local college?
    Are you interested in retail?
      Answer Question
there was no negotiation she offered me 8.50 an hour and I gladly accepted

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Retail Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in April 2014.

It was a very friendly interview just a few questions about your personality. It was in the restaurant and was told what I had to do and how they are like a family and would love for me to be apart of it.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hammond, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Most people applying have barely made it through high school. If you are semi-intelligent, they will love you. I was not only hired on the spot, I was also offered a management position in my interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw your boss stealing?   View Answer
    No negotiation. They start all employees at minimum wage.

Retail Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

went into store, filled out job application. Got interviewed by the retail manager then immediately got interviewed by the general manager. took about 2 weeks to really get in once i got hired as they were too busy to call me back

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belleville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belleville, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

2 interviews. 1st with retail manager. 2nd with associate manager. Wasn't very professional. Just talked about everything other then the position I was applying for. Background check then orientation with a bunch of computer training.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had an angry customer in a past job and how did you deal with the situation.   Answer Question
    They never talked about my pay to me. I had to go online and see the crappy pay I was getting. Less then $8 an hour! Can't survive on that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairburn, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairburn, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2012.

The interview was pretty easy, though it was my first ever interview and my first time seeking a job. At this particular Cracker Barrel, it wasn't near opened yet. I saw a banner saying now hiring. So me and my cousin went in the next day as walk ins, filled out an app, and waited in a seat line you could say. I didn't know what was going on. Someone called my name (manager) and she interviewed me. Asked me a few questions. Mostly standard questions. Tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation and how did you handle it? Do you have any work experience? How would you handle a difficult guest? Sell me this.. I waited for about 10 minutes and then interviewed with the Retail Manager. Her questions were more selling techniques and asked me to sell her an item. (It was a picture frame) She hired me on the spot and I recieved the paperwork, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The sell me this question was only difficult because I was extremely nervous, but now looking back at it I did an amazing job.   Answer Question
    No negotiations-Minimum wage for first time worker

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!