Cracker Barrel

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – Interviewed with recruiter, then two Retail DM's on two separate occasions

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected, same retail manager behavioral and scenario questions I have been exposed too.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for what I wanted, they met me in my middle range and quoted bonus would make up the difference.

Mount Arlington, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – Interview, test, drug test, second interview, hire!

Interview Question – specific coaching and strong growth guest loyalty example from your past. pros and cons s. they can smell BS. be confident in how you achieved your end result. also mention how you went to improve e the staff behaviors for the next time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – just a fair offer and I accepted.

Retail Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had to take a test that gave all different types of scenarios like figuring profit & loss and overhead and similar. I thought the test was kind of ridiculous as when hiring a manager you should be more concerned about the person being a good fit; you can teach anyone to read a spread sheet. The interviewer wasn't someone I warmed to right away which is important to me in choosing a new job. I didn't feel his questions really pertained to the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Question – Questions about partnering with the restaurant side and clearing tables, etc.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I think I'd hate working at cracker barrel. I mostly did it for the interview experience and practice.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cracker Barrel

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cracker Barrel Retail Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cracker Barrel employees and interview candidates.