Cracker Barrel Server Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spanish Fort, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Spanish Fort, AL).

Interview

Brought in for a quick interview. It was essentially a one and done type interview. Sat down with a manager in the dining room and discussed my background in the food industry. This was followed by a quick description of the role and company. Pretty simple interview considering the high turn-over rate for servers.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your priorities in the workplace?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Server Interview

Interview

Talked to one manager immediately, He said wait here and went to get the GM at the time, Waited 45 minutes before he finally came around, got hired on the spot though so that was nice.

Server Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

I applied online was called to come in and fill out a paper application and then speak with a manager. I sat down with a male manager for 15 minutes and he said let me check the schedule to see when to set up a second interview. Then a female manager came out and interviewed me and said another manager would come out and speak with me. He told me I was hired and gave me some paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about Cracker Barrel when you've came here? How would you calm down an upset customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gallatin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Gallatin, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next morning for an interview that day. I went for an interview that lasted around 30 minutes and got offered a position!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Cracker Barrel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shiloh, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Shiloh, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

they had me go back in and interview when I turned in my application. The manager seems really spacey and preoccupied and in all honesty came of as rude. He said he was going to have me come back and interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you a good team player?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nicholasville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Nicholasville, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

You fill out and application and they almost always interview right there on the spot. Basically ask you some simple questions that anyone would know the answer to. It was a very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you smile or frown at a guest. Dumb stuff like that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Davenport, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online cracker barrel called in a week to come in for an interview I went in and talked to manager for a half an hour manager then setup interview with general manager I went in for that interview general manager said he would call on Wednesday and never did

Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Dalton, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was planned to go in the first time after the lunch crowd, but the lady had to cancel while I was standing there waiting to be interviewed. The next day I spoke with the manager and we barely spoke about the job. It was mostly just random things like college and the local high school football teams scores

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my schedule was like from 3 different people in the store   Answer Question
    • They asked about my experience working   Answer Question

The pay is terrible. It's below minimum wage, and you are busting your butt to probably just barely make minimum wage or lower.

Anonymous Employee in Trussville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Trussville, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

I walk into the resteraunt and receive an application from the cashier. I filled it out in my car, and I took it back inside. The cashier then lets the other employees know that there was an applicant that turned in his application with his communication device. Then I am directed by a waitress to sit in the third section of seating and told that a manager will come and interview me. A few minutes later the manager comes, and we talk for a minute. He was very nice and laid back. I forgot to fill out the opposite side of the cream-colored form. I didn't notice it, and when the manager turned the back page over, I apologized for not filling it out. I felt pretty bad for not checking it. He asked me if I had any previous work experience. I said no. He asked me why I wanted to work for Cracker Barrel, and I told him that the reasons why I wanted to do so was because I loved the food, and I just wanted to start somewhere as being a server if they hired me. This is my first interview as an applicant for a business! I'd say it wasn't bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simpsonville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Simpsonville, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

I walked in to drop off a resume and pick up an application. After I filled out the application I gave it to the hostess who failed to give it to the hiring manager. But I asked for him anyway, introduced myself, told him I was a college student interested in people, hard work, and planning ahead. I had little serving experience before, but he liked my enthusiasm and told me to come back for an interview with the general manager and to fill out a new application for the sake of formality.

Interview Questions

• Availability is a large factor and that was one question I was asked multiple times.   1 Answer