Cracker Barrel

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in October 2012.

Interview Details – was interviewed by three managers, all giving me imaginary scenarios, and asking how I would respond in each situation

Interview Question – why do I think I'm good enough to work for CB   View Answer

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied , literally filled out an application 3-4 different times before I was able to sit down with the GM and talk to him. I came in dressed for an interview all 3-4 times, and I got to see a manager each time, but not the GM.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions, other than just getting to interview!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them at the date of hire that I was in school and that my availability would change from semester to semester and the GM was ok with this. That GM has since been fired and replaced and now I have to fight tooth and nail to get hours, considering that it is summer time and it's super slow, but I come in on time dressed and pressed in uniform at all times and the 3 days that I get I am scoring at a 81 level for store/company productivity and the level that is set for the company is 65! I mean really so it's not like I am not making the company $$$ here!!!

Saint Robert, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in November 2008.

Interview Details – I initially was told to apply after I turned 18. I had to interview with a floor manager and then interview with a general manager a week later. I couldn't start the hire process until after the holiday (2-3 weeks after the initial application process). I had to make an effort to check back into the job hiring process because I was uncertain.

Interview Question – How are you able to handle a fast-pasted, high stress environment?   Answer Question

Chattanooga, TN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed three separate occasions by three separate individuals for the job. Each interview was a day or so after the previous. The questions were typical interview questions, such as "what will you bring to the company?"

Interview Question – An unexpected question was almost a role-play type instance regarding how I would react to a given situation.   View Answer

Anderson, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in July 2014.

Interview Details – I went in on July 4th to apply for the position of server. I filled out an application in the store, then turned it in that day. I was told I would have been interviewed that day had it not been so busy. Instead, I was told I would be called to schedule an interview. I waited a week and heard nothing. One week after turning in my application, I went in, asked to see a manager, and inquired as to whether I was waiting in vain for the call. He told me that they typically interview on weekdays between 2-4 and that I could either come in later that day or Monday. I chose to interview at 3:15 that day. I went in, told the cashier I was their for an interview, and waited for the manager to show me where to go. I was told to sit at an empty table in the third section of the restaurant. The manager was already there interviewing someone else; I had to wait for that interview to finish, then was asked to move to the table he was at. He asked me several questions about previous restaurant experience (of which I have none), and I was asked several questions that were too strange to answer in a straight forward way. After a pretty iffy interview, he asked what I would bring to the company. Having learned everything I could about Cracker Barrel and its history, I pretty much just geeked out on him about everything I knew. He laughed, said "that's actually pretty scary, I guess we pretty much have to hire you now", then told me I could come back for a second interview the following week. He did, however, put me down as interviewing for a hostess, server instead of just the server position that I wanted. Still waiting for the second interview, which I have tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation in which your actions didn't match up with your meaning.   View Answer
  • If Mr. Peters asked for a Bacon Cheeseburger and fries, what do you bring him?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation yet. I still have the second interview to do. You can't negotiate your hourly pay, but I've heard they'll work with you on how many hours you need to get by.

Canton, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in December 2008.

Interview Details – we sat down...he interviewed me...got a call back in a couple days...offered the job...hated it

Interview Question – what are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Barboursville, WV

I applied online - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in February 2014.

Interview Details – There are two interviews. The first one is with human resources mgr. I was told to wear my Sunday best and I wore a suit. He asked about the salary I expected, hours, and even what I planned for my future. He explained that they are like a family down home atmosphere, therefore morals and personality are important.

Interview Question – Biggest Weakness   View Answer

Dry Ridge, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring manager was forgot he scheduled my interview. Went over basic points and asked about my schedule. Was interviewed for this same position five separate times over a two year period. I was pregnant during one. I was told that I could reapply after I delivered.

Interview Question – I was asked about my volunteer experience as a server, when I gave details I was told it shouldn't be on my resume even under volunteer experience because I didn't get paid for it.   Answer Question

West Valley City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in January 2014.

Interview Details – One of the 5 managers (supervisors) interviewed me. He asked me various questions. Some of them were weird, like how much money I needed to make a week to pay my bills. Some of them normal, like how many hours I would like to work & what days I would be available to work. Apparently they only hire part-time though at this location. Something came across to me as odd during the interview about how the interviewer was talking & asking questions but couldn't place my finger on it. He was kinda skiddish & liked to talk, like he was reiterating the same points in different ways about the company. Almost like he was trying to make the company sound more desirable to work for then it was.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was if I wanted to come back for a second interview. Apparently there are levels in the interview process. Supervisor level & General Manager level.   View Answer

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in April 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out an application in person, was interviewed and hired on the spot. I was first interviewed by one of the managers of the store then the General manager who was extremely intimidating but the whole interview process was all of 20 minutes total.

Interview Question – What experience do you have that is non-work related?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate , it was my first job i would have jumped through a ring of fire if they would just hire me

Worked for Cracker Barrel? Contribute to the Community!