Cracker Barrel Server Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Douglas, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Douglas, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Horrible. I applied in the restaurant and was offered an interview on the spot. I went in and was then asked for a second manager's interview. I thought things were going well until when I got to the restaurant for the second interview they said they were "too busy for me" and asked me to come in the next day. I came in and the exact same thing happened AND a manager rudely told me I was not the right fit for the job because I am 17. Would not at all recommend.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle someone being mean to you at school?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Palm Coast, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

easy, offered job in minutes it was the easiest job that I was ever offered, management was helpful and friendly, I accepted the job immediately and began working the very next day, have a I met the word minimum yet? I guess I did not meet the minimum so I will keep on typing until I do. how is that

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was not one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batesville, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Batesville, MS) in August 2011.

Interview

Was called for an interview. It was only about 10-15 minutes long and pretty easy. We sat down at a table in a closed section and got to know each other. I had experience so I'm sure that made the decision easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mattoon, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Mattoon, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview was immediate and informal. One plus was that they hired me on the spot and asked me to come in the next day to start work, which was what I needed at the time. I submitted my application while eating there with my grandparents and surprisingly enough a manager wanted to meet with me for an interview before we left. They must have been severely short staffed to hire me on the spot like that, and I am not surprised because they have a hard time retaining employees due to the hostile patrons and unreasonably low wages.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strong personality traits?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little to negotiate, they offered an unreasonably low rate of pay and the choices were take it or walk.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Tyler, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I got an interview the day I turned In the application. There is a total of two intercut one first with assistant manager and a final with general manager.

Interview Questions

• Customer order came out cold, how would you fix the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Memphis, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

I filled out the app and Jason immediately interviewed me on the spot. He asked a few questions and told me to come in next week for orientation. I had to do orientation for 3 days and then trained on the floor for another 3 days the. I was on my on.

Interview Questions

• He asked what other experience did i have.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shiloh, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Shiloh, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

they had me go back in and interview when I turned in my application. The manager seems really spacey and preoccupied and in all honesty came of as rude. He said he was going to have me come back and interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you a good team player?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spanish Fort, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Spanish Fort, AL).

Interview

Brought in for a quick interview. It was essentially a one and done type interview. Sat down with a manager in the dining room and discussed my background in the food industry. This was followed by a quick description of the role and company. Pretty simple interview considering the high turn-over rate for servers.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your priorities in the workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Springdale, AR) in June 2012.

Interview

One interview upon providing resume, second interview given the next day. The first one was a breeze, just went over requirements for working there such as uniforms. The second interview with the gm was more uncomfortable. He seemed to have drank the corporate Koolaid. Talking about CB's culture like they pay enough to pretend to believe that crap, but I suppose he is well compensated.

Interview Questions

• Q: why do you want to work here as a server?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simpsonville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Simpsonville, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

I walked in to drop off a resume and pick up an application. After I filled out the application I gave it to the hostess who failed to give it to the hiring manager. But I asked for him anyway, introduced myself, told him I was a college student interested in people, hard work, and planning ahead. I had little serving experience before, but he liked my enthusiasm and told me to come back for an interview with the general manager and to fill out a new application for the sake of formality.

Interview Questions

• Availability is a large factor and that was one question I was asked multiple times.   1 Answer