Cracker Barrel

1.9

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in April 2010.

There are two interviews. One they ask you questions about what you do, or past experience. The second interview you give the okay to a background check and read through policies and sign a few papers saying you read the papers. Then they call you and schedule your training days.

Interview Questions
  • Some managers will ask your strengths and weaknesses, always hated getting those questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2013.

Two interview, quick. Training is 5 days total. Applications are accepted Monday thru Friday 2pm til 4 pm that is also when interviews are done. Management is pleasant for first couple days then very rude.

None

Server Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cracker Barrel in October 2011.

Went in applied same day and got hired the same day. Management at the time seemed awesome. Everyone was genuinely nice. Interview was quick with basic questions. Started thst following week with dour day long training

Interview Questions
    At my particular location we went through management quicker than employees. Which can sometimes get a litter frustrating. Not a lot of benefits. Overall great company for a first time job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in October 2014.

I was planned to go in the first time after the lunch crowd, but the lady had to cancel while I was standing there waiting to be interviewed. The next day I spoke with the manager and we barely spoke about the job. It was mostly just random things like college and the local high school football teams scores

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what my schedule was like from 3 different people in the store   Answer Question
    • They asked about my experience working   Answer Question

The pay is terrible. It's below minimum wage, and you are busting your butt to probably just barely make minimum wage or lower.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in September 2014.

I walk into the resteraunt and receive an application from the cashier. I filled it out in my car, and I took it back inside. The cashier then lets the other employees know that there was an applicant that turned in his application with his communication device. Then I am directed by a waitress to sit in the third section of seating and told that a manager will come and interview me. A few minutes later the manager comes, and we talk for a minute. He was very nice and laid back. I forgot to fill out the opposite side of the cream-colored form. I didn't notice it, and when the manager turned the back page over, I apologized for not filling it out. I felt pretty bad for not checking it. He asked me if I had any previous work experience. I said no. He asked me why I wanted to work for Cracker Barrel, and I told him that the reasons why I wanted to do so was because I loved the food, and I just wanted to start somewhere as being a server if they hired me. This is my first interview as an applicant for a business! I'd say it wasn't bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Clairsville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Clairsville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in May 2012.

Apply in person with an immediate meeting with a manager. Then immediately scheduled a time for a full interview. Was offered position at 2nd interview. No waiting time. It was nice to not have to wait for a phone call wondering if I would be offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

It takes three interviews with different managers to be hired ending with the GM making the final decision. There is lots of computer work after hired. 5 days of very good training. Cracker Barrel will hire servers with no experience if they feel you have the personality for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are easy and basic, why do you want do work here, where have you worked before, server experience etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in July 2014.

I went in on July 4th to apply for the position of server. I filled out an application in the store, then turned it in that day. I was told I would have been interviewed that day had it not been so busy. Instead, I was told I would be called to schedule an interview. I waited a week and heard nothing. One week after turning in my application, I went in, asked to see a manager, and inquired as to whether I was waiting in vain for the call. He told me that they typically interview on weekdays between 2-4 and that I could either come in later that day or Monday. I chose to interview at 3:15 that day. I went in, told the cashier I was their for an interview, and waited for the manager to show me where to go. I was told to sit at an empty table in the third section of the restaurant. The manager was already there interviewing someone else; I had to wait for that interview to finish, then was asked to move to the table he was at. He asked me several questions about previous restaurant experience (of which I have none), and I was asked several questions that were too strange to answer in a straight forward way. After a pretty iffy interview, he asked what I would bring to the company. Having learned everything I could about Cracker Barrel and its history, I pretty much just geeked out on him about everything I knew. He laughed, said "that's actually pretty scary, I guess we pretty much have to hire you now", then told me I could come back for a second interview the following week. He did, however, put me down as interviewing for a hostess, server instead of just the server position that I wanted. Still waiting for the second interview, which I have tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation in which your actions didn't match up with your meaning.   View Answer
    • If Mr. Peters asked for a Bacon Cheeseburger and fries, what do you bring him?   View Answer
    No negotiation yet. I still have the second interview to do. You can't negotiate your hourly pay, but I've heard they'll work with you on how many hours you need to get by.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barboursville, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barboursville, WV

I applied online – interviewed at Cracker Barrel in February 2014.

There are two interviews. The first one is with human resources mgr. I was told to wear my Sunday best and I wore a suit. He asked about the salary I expected, hours, and even what I planned for my future. He explained that they are like a family down home atmosphere, therefore morals and personality are important.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meadville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meadville, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2013.

I had an interview with one of the store managers at a table in the restaurant during a slow period. Very basic interview questions were asked concerning longevity, how I heard about the position, had I been to Cracker Barrel previously, etc. There were customers at other tables in the dining room. I dressed professionally.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I would do in a difficult situation and how I would handle it. Since I had previous restaurant experience, I was asked how I handled a difficult situation in the past.   Answer Question
    There was no room to negotiate, they told me they would be in touch after the interview. I was called several days later and they informed me of the training days and what uniform I needed to wear.