Cracker Barrel Server Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shiloh, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Shiloh, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

they had me go back in and interview when I turned in my application. The manager seems really spacey and preoccupied and in all honesty came of as rude. He said he was going to have me come back and interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you a good team player?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spanish Fort, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Spanish Fort, AL).

Interview

Brought in for a quick interview. It was essentially a one and done type interview. Sat down with a manager in the dining room and discussed my background in the food industry. This was followed by a quick description of the role and company. Pretty simple interview considering the high turn-over rate for servers.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your priorities in the workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Springdale, AR) in June 2012.

Interview

One interview upon providing resume, second interview given the next day. The first one was a breeze, just went over requirements for working there such as uniforms. The second interview with the gm was more uncomfortable. He seemed to have drank the corporate Koolaid. Talking about CB's culture like they pay enough to pretend to believe that crap, but I suppose he is well compensated.

Interview Questions

• Q: why do you want to work here as a server?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simpsonville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Simpsonville, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

I walked in to drop off a resume and pick up an application. After I filled out the application I gave it to the hostess who failed to give it to the hiring manager. But I asked for him anyway, introduced myself, told him I was a college student interested in people, hard work, and planning ahead. I had little serving experience before, but he liked my enthusiasm and told me to come back for an interview with the general manager and to fill out a new application for the sake of formality.

Interview Questions

• Availability is a large factor and that was one question I was asked multiple times.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nicholasville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Nicholasville, KY) in March 2015.

Interview

You fill out and application and they almost always interview right there on the spot. Basically ask you some simple questions that anyone would know the answer to. It was a very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you smile or frown at a guest. Dumb stuff like that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Paper application.
    Went in, filled out the application, asked to speak with a manager. Had a brief interview on the spot, and set up a second interview. Basic questions, what makes you a good fit, why are you leaving your current job, are you in school, what is your availability, favorite menu item, etc. Easy interviews. 2-3 of them. Hired on the spot at the second.

Server Interview

Interview

Talked to one manager immediately, He said wait here and went to get the GM at the time, Waited 45 minutes before he finally came around, got hired on the spot though so that was nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gallatin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Gallatin, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next morning for an interview that day. I went for an interview that lasted around 30 minutes and got offered a position!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Cracker Barrel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pelham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel (Pelham, AL) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied in person. Spoke with a manager when I returned my application. He was really nice and was interested in who I was as a person and what I wanted to go to school for. It was very calm and held in the dining room. They called me back a couple days later and I interviewed with the GM. I was Hired immediately.

Server Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview

I applied online was called to come in and fill out a paper application and then speak with a manager. I sat down with a male manager for 15 minutes and he said let me check the schedule to see when to set up a second interview. Then a female manager came out and interviewed me and said another manager would come out and speak with me. He told me I was hired and gave me some paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about Cracker Barrel when you've came here? How would you calm down an upset customer?   Answer Question