Cracker Barrel

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Cracker Barrel

Interview Details – The whole process was rather simple as the restaurant was desperate for employees. I turned in the application and had an interview before I even left the store. Was asked back for a second interview a few days later when I was extended the offer.

Interview Question – All of the questions were based on work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – Turn in your application to a manager and ONLY a manager. They'll call within a week if they need you for a sit down interview.

Interview Question – They were standard ethic and moral questions. Or "what would you do if this happened" type things.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. your pay is 2.13 + tips with no tip out until you start earning stars.

Server

I applied in-person and interviewed at Cracker Barrel.

Interview Details – I only had one interview. but they're now doing 2 or three depending on what manager you initially interview with. Pretty much don't purposely try to fail the interview and you'll be hired. Personally was hired on the spot but doubt that will happen now a days.

Interview Question – Mostly just situational questions. and your schedule.   Answer Question

Dry Ridge, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring manager was forgot he scheduled my interview. Went over basic points and asked about my schedule. Was interviewed for this same position five separate times over a two year period. I was pregnant during one. I was told that I could reapply after I delivered.

Interview Question – I was asked about my volunteer experience as a server, when I gave details I was told it shouldn't be on my resume even under volunteer experience because I didn't get paid for it.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in October 2012.

Interview Details – was interviewed by three managers, all giving me imaginary scenarios, and asking how I would respond in each situation

Interview Question – why do I think I'm good enough to work for CB   View Answer

Ocala, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in May 2012.

Interview Details – I went in to fill out an application. When I returned it I spoke with one of the managers. She had me come back at 3 oclock the next day and speak with the general manager. he only asked me questions like. "Why do you want to work at Cracker Barrel?", "What skills do you think you need to have to be a good waitress."

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Cracker Barrel?   Answer Question

Effingham, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is easy. If you have a great smile, work it! I had been told a few months later the reason I was hired is because I had a people pleasing attitude and an open, constant smile. I worked there for 2 years and always saw a person get hired on the spot or receive a call back a few days later. The questions they ask you are simple. "How many hours are you available to work," "Why do you want to work here," "What would you bring to Cracker Barrel," "Describe yourself and some hobbies," "How would you deal with an angry customer," etc.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you said you were going to do something, and ended up not completing the goal.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When are you able to start?

Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2011.

Interview Details – Usually the interest and application is the start. Show that you need this job and let them know how important guests are especially understanding those who are local and long travelers looking for a place to relax, eat, or shop.

Interview Question – how would you handle an irrate customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non negotiable when it came to salary...minimum wage and that is it

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in April 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out an application in person, was interviewed and hired on the spot. I was first interviewed by one of the managers of the store then the General manager who was extremely intimidating but the whole interview process was all of 20 minutes total.

Interview Question – What experience do you have that is non-work related?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate , it was my first job i would have jumped through a ring of fire if they would just hire me

Gainesville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cracker Barrel in May 2010.

Interview Details – I walked in was interviewed by several managers when the restaurant opened. Managers don't ask very hard questions, just the typical "what makes you a fit for this job" type. They will also question you about lengths of time spent at other jobs, so be prepared for that. What's great is that once you work for this company, they are usually pretty good at letting you transfer to other locations.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you have had to deal with an unpleasant customer and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cracker Barrel