Cracker Barrel

1.9

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2011.

Usually the interest and application is the start. Show that you need this job and let them know how important guests are especially understanding those who are local and long travelers looking for a place to relax, eat, or shop.

Interview Questions
  • how would you handle an irrate customer?   View Answer
non negotiable when it came to salary...minimum wage and that is it

Other Interview Reviews for Cracker Barrel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dry Ridge, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dry Ridge, KY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2011.

Hiring manager was forgot he scheduled my interview. Went over basic points and asked about my schedule. Was interviewed for this same position five separate times over a two year period. I was pregnant during one. I was told that I could reapply after I delivered.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my volunteer experience as a server, when I gave details I was told it shouldn't be on my resume even under volunteer experience because I didn't get paid for it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in June 2011.

First interview with a store manager, usually on the spot. If they like you, they will then ask you to interview with the employee training coordinator, they'll speak with you briefly about the training process and job requirements. If the etc thinks you can hang, they'll call you in to start training. It's a fairly easy and short ordeal.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle conflict with a customer or fellow employee?   Answer Question
    None, all first time servers start out at $2.13

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

interviewed at Cracker Barrel in May 2011.

The interview process was pretty simple. Went in a filled out an application and was given a first interview that day, came back a few days later and was hired on the spot by the General Manager. Training took about 2 weeks to complete, mostly classroom and then floor training with a server trainer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in May 2011.

Brought in to speak to a manager.
    Brought in to speak to another manager.
    Scheduled a date to come in and observe what it is like for 30 minutes.
    Brought back to accept job offer.

Tips

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in May 2011.

I went in and knew the name of one of the managers (through a family member). I had no previous experience in the restaurant industry, but they hired me on the spot. Present yourself well and you will be fine, especially if you apply before the summer and are available on the weekends.

Interview Questions
    • Basic work ethic, personality questions. Nothing surprising.   Answer Question
    No-$2.13 an hour + tips. Though you don't have to tip out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Effingham, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Effingham, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in March 2011.

The interview process is easy. If you have a great smile, work it! I had been told a few months later the reason I was hired is because I had a people pleasing attitude and an open, constant smile. I worked there for 2 years and always saw a person get hired on the spot or receive a call back a few days later. The questions they ask you are simple. "How many hours are you available to work," "Why do you want to work here," "What would you bring to Cracker Barrel," "Describe yourself and some hobbies," "How would you deal with an angry customer," etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you said you were going to do something, and ended up not completing the goal.   View Answer
    When are you able to start?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in February 2011.

I walked in and filled out and application on the spot, and then I was told I would be contacted to schedule an interview. I got in my car and was about a minute from the restaurant before getting a call from the manager asking me to come back and interview. After speaking with both managers they hired me on the spot. Very quick and easy process.

Interview Questions
    • If you were starting your own restaurant, with your life savings, what qualities would you look for in an employee?   Answer Question
    • If you had to make a mission statement for your restaurant, what would that be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in August 2010.

You sit down with an assistant manager. They ask very typical questions. (Describe a time you went above and beyond to give good customer service. Describe a time you had a difficult customer, how did you deal with it? ) If it is your first job, they will allow you give other examples, like maybe something you did in school or in a church or civic group.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you gave good customer service.   View Answer
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult guest.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you knew another employee was stealing?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • What are your goals for working here? (job while you are in school, you want full-time hours, you want to advance a make it a career, etc...)   Answer Question
    nothing for servers, everyone starts out the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cracker Barrel in May 2010.

I walked in was interviewed by several managers when the restaurant opened. Managers don't ask very hard questions, just the typical "what makes you a fit for this job" type. They will also question you about lengths of time spent at other jobs, so be prepared for that. What's great is that once you work for this company, they are usually pretty good at letting you transfer to other locations.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have had to deal with an unpleasant customer and how you reacted.   Answer Question