Crane Aerospace & Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Waste your time with an hour and a half "personality" interview, the software developers that sit in this farce are totally disinterested. Whiteboarding and algorithmic questions later, once you're half asleep from the earlier interview.
    So first you'll meet with a manager and a developer to go through your life story. You're told afterwards it didn't really matter, but it's part of the "process".

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Intense and extensive generally done by a panel of senior management personnel. Digs into personal and employment questions. Analyzes character traits starting with high school, friends and employers and continuing forward in a pressing manner

Interview Questions

• Discuss your most serious flaw and how you deal with it   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Interview

Submitted my application in February and received a called from hiring manager in May to schedule panel interview. Took another 3 weeks to be presented an offer along with an additional 2 weeks to submit drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what qualities you disliked from your previous manager?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in January 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by e-mail to see if I was still interested in the position. I then went through an hour phone screen session and was then asked to make a campus visit. The interview was in CIDS (Chronological In Depth Interview) and about three hours long. It consisted of about five managers and myself. They all had a copy of my resume and a questionnaire they filled out while I spoke. They told me before hand the type of interview it would be. The whole process start to finish took about 5 weeks. It was over the holidays, so I suspect that is why the process took so long.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a teacher you did not get along with? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me exactly what I had been paid in my last job and I was very surprised by that. Make sure you do your research on the "market" price for that position and ask at least 5k more than that.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Redmond, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

It started with an test about op-amp circuits and basic programming questions for about half an hour. Then the HR manager and two other engineers in the department came in and start the interview. HR manager giving some behavioral questions like give an example of your leadership and how you qualify for this position. The engineers asked some technical question and ask me to draw the circuit on the white board when I'm explaining my school project.

Analyst Systems II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

There was first a phone interview in which I had to talk to about 6 people on the other line about my prior experience. Afterwards the in person interview involved sitting at a conference table with the same people fielding different questions. The questions ranged from discussing prior work experience to how I would feel about certain hypothetical work problems. Nothing technical in terms of programming ability was discussed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about issues with the project that result it in being late that aren't your fault?   Answer Question

Contrac Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

Standard, phone interview followed by one on one with the hiring manager, then a panel interview and a site visit with another CA

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR, stating they had received my resume and wanted to know if I was interested in a summer internship. To this day we have not established where they obtained my resume. During this initial call we established my educational engineering interests and projects, and then set a time for a phone interview with the engineering hiring manager.

During the phone interview with the manager, we talked about how Crane functioned and what the team was like. We discussed my projects and future goals. About a 45 minute call. Two weeks later I was contacted to come in for an in-person interview with both the original HR rep and the engineering manager.

The in-person interview lasted just over an hour, and was about half interview, half tour. Questions were VERY specific about details of projects I worked on, and some basic HR questions like what kind of work environment I did best in, how I like to be evaluated, etc.

A week and some change later, I was contacted by the HR rep and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What has been your proudest achievement in your education?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because I was an entry-level summer intern, I did not attempt to negotiate my salary.

Process Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Redmond, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, site tour/interview, final interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation, how you handled it, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was my first job

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Lynnwood, WA) in July 2009.

Interview

Submitted resume to hiring manager, there was one phone call with several senior engineers in the room on the other end, was brought in for an interview on site. Then was retained for a year as a contractor before being offered a salaried position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult. Mainly about c programming and ways to troubleshoot an embedded system on a lab target.   Answer Question