Crane Aerospace & Electronics

15 candidate interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in May 2011.

Interview Details – Waste your time with an hour and a half "personality" interview, the software developers that sit in this farce are totally disinterested. Whiteboarding and algorithmic questions later, once you're half asleep from the earlier interview.
So first you'll meet with a manager and a developer to go through your life story. You're told afterwards it didn't really matter, but it's part of the "process".

Interview Question – Code/white board the fibonacci sequence.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Interview Details – Intense and extensive generally done by a panel of senior management personnel. Digs into personal and employment questions. Analyzes character traits starting with high school, friends and employers and continuing forward in a pressing manner

Interview Question – Discuss your most serious flaw and how you deal with it   Answer Question

Analyst Systems II Interview

Analyst Systems II
Lynnwood, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Interview Details – There was first a phone interview in which I had to talk to about 6 people on the other line about my prior experience. Afterwards the in person interview involved sitting at a conference table with the same people fielding different questions. The questions ranged from discussing prior work experience to how I would feel about certain hypothetical work problems. Nothing technical in terms of programming ability was discussed.

Interview Question – How do you feel about issues with the project that result it in being late that aren't your fault?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Redmond, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in January 2011.

Interview Details – It started with an test about op-amp circuits and basic programming questions for about half an hour. Then the HR manager and two other engineers in the department came in and start the interview. HR manager giving some behavioral questions like give an example of your leadership and how you qualify for this position. The engineers asked some technical question and ask me to draw the circuit on the white board when I'm explaining my school project.

Anonymous Interview

Beverly, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in April 2012.

Interview Details – Crane brought me into a conference room with four senior members of the team and the HR manager. They were all incredibly welcoming and clearly took a look at my resume before I arrived. A lot of the questions focused on how I fit into the company culture as it was assumed that my educational background and experience qualified me for the position.

Interview Question – How did you research and long term projects as an undergrad contribute to your ability to this job?   Answer Question

Contrac Interview

Contrac
Lynnwood, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Interview Details – Standard, phone interview followed by one on one with the hiring manager, then a panel interview and a site visit with another CA

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Mechanical Engineer Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by HR, stating they had received my resume and wanted to know if I was interested in a summer internship. To this day we have not established where they obtained my resume. During this initial call we established my educational engineering interests and projects, and then set a time for a phone interview with the engineering hiring manager.

During the phone interview with the manager, we talked about how Crane functioned and what the team was like. We discussed my projects and future goals. About a 45 minute call. Two weeks later I was contacted to come in for an in-person interview with both the original HR rep and the engineering manager.

The in-person interview lasted just over an hour, and was about half interview, half tour. Questions were VERY specific about details of projects I worked on, and some basic HR questions like what kind of work environment I did best in, how I like to be evaluated, etc.

A week and some change later, I was contacted by the HR rep and offered the position.

Interview Question – What has been your proudest achievement in your education?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because I was an entry-level summer intern, I did not attempt to negotiate my salary.

Process Engineer II Interview

Process Engineer II
Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, site tour/interview, final interview

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation, how you handled it, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was my first job

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Lynnwood, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in July 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted resume to hiring manager, there was one phone call with several senior engineers in the room on the other end, was brought in for an interview on site. Then was retained for a year as a contractor before being offered a salaried position.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult. Mainly about c programming and ways to troubleshoot an embedded system on a lab target.   Answer Question

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Lynnwood, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Interview Details – Multiple people interview one prospective employee. They are usually on probation for 6 months to prove themselves and can be let go if they do not perform without any liability. However, interviews are good and honest and freedom to given a chance is higher here.

Interview Question – None that comes to my mind. Mostly, why are you leaving your other job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When I was hired 7+ years ago, there was a good hiring rush. We (several prospects that passed preliminary interviews) were entertained at a dinner and had testimonials from many long standing employees. They asked me if I received any bonuses and I did and they added it to my initial first pay check.

Worked for Crane Aerospace & Electronics? Contribute to the Community!