Crane Aerospace & Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Waste your time with an hour and a half "personality" interview, the software developers that sit in this farce are totally disinterested. Whiteboarding and algorithmic questions later, once you're half asleep from the earlier interview. So first you'll meet with a manager and a developer to go through your life story. You're told afterwards it didn't really matter, but it's part of the "process".

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Intense and extensive generally done by a panel of senior management personnel. Digs into personal and employment questions. Analyzes character traits starting with high school, friends and employers and continuing forward in a pressing manner

Interview Questions

• Discuss your most serious flaw and how you deal with it   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Interview

Submitted my application in February and received a called from hiring manager in May to schedule panel interview. Took another 3 weeks to be presented an offer along with an additional 2 weeks to submit drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what qualities you disliked from your previous manager?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Burbank, CA).

Interview

I had two phone interviews and one on-site interview with two managers and one peer. The interview questions were fair and mostly were about your academic and working history. They will pop technical questions as you explain certain responsibilities in your work history, so there weren't a separate section just to get technical. You also get a tour of the Burbank facility. Their systems test lab is world class, very organized, clean and very modern. The manufacturing equipment don't look very advanced however, but it's normal in many industrial companies. However, I had a very negative experience after the interview. It took Crane more than 2 weeks to follow up with their decision, but when they called, the quoted ball park salary figure changed. I tried negotiating like every job, and received an upsetting call directly from the hiring manager and he said "it sounded as if it was all about the money" and threatened to withdraw the offer. I don't think I was professionally handled, and I wasn't about to join such a team at a valuation below my own. Therefore I kept looking.

Interview Questions

• What was the proudest accomplishment in your college career/your current company.   Answer Question

Analyst Systems II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

There was first a phone interview in which I had to talk to about 6 people on the other line about my prior experience. Afterwards the in person interview involved sitting at a conference table with the same people fielding different questions. The questions ranged from discussing prior work experience to how I would feel about certain hypothetical work problems. Nothing technical in terms of programming ability was discussed.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about issues with the project that result it in being late that aren't your fault?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Online, Phone, In person- met with HR and future supervisor find out next step in february get an offer in march study up about the company and it's structure and be knowledgable about ehat you do in your major lab skills are a plus be a genuine person, they don't hire smart robots; they want people

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR, stating they had received my resume and wanted to know if I was interested in a summer internship. To this day we have not established where they obtained my resume. During this initial call we established my educational engineering interests and projects, and then set a time for a phone interview with the engineering hiring manager. During the phone interview with the manager, we talked about how Crane functioned and what the team was like. We discussed my projects and future goals. About a 45 minute call. Two weeks later I was contacted to come in for an in-person interview with both the original HR rep and the engineering manager. The in-person interview lasted just over an hour, and was about half interview, half tour. Questions were VERY specific about details of projects I worked on, and some basic HR questions like what kind of work environment I did best in, how I like to be evaluated, etc. A week and some change later, I was contacted by the HR rep and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What has been your proudest achievement in your education?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because I was an entry-level summer intern, I did not attempt to negotiate my salary.

Contrac Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

Standard, phone interview followed by one on one with the hiring manager, then a panel interview and a site visit with another CA

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Lynnwood, WA) in July 2009.

Interview

Submitted resume to hiring manager, there was one phone call with several senior engineers in the room on the other end, was brought in for an interview on site. Then was retained for a year as a contractor before being offered a salaried position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult. Mainly about c programming and ways to troubleshoot an embedded system on a lab target.   Answer Question

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Lynnwood, WA).

Interview

Multiple people interview one prospective employee. They are usually on probation for 6 months to prove themselves and can be let go if they do not perform without any liability. However, interviews are good and honest and freedom to given a chance is higher here.

Interview Questions

• None that comes to my mind. Mostly, why are you leaving your other job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When I was hired 7+ years ago, there was a good hiring rush. We (several prospects that passed preliminary interviews) were entertained at a dinner and had testimonials from many long standing employees. They asked me if I received any bonuses and I did and they added it to my initial first pay check.