Crane Aerospace & Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

The process was standard, I applied for the position and I got an email to set up an interview the next day. The interview was typical, I was interviewed by two HR personnel and a lead. The questions they asked were all based on my resume.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

interview was straight forward. I look forward getting to know more talked about design process and engineering practice. just general engineering questions interview was straight forward. I look forward getting to know more talked about design process and engineering practice. just general engineering questions

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Had several interviews via phone, face to face. Long process, panel interview but most people had to leave after 30 minutes. Went over background, schooling, favorite subjects & qualifications. Some did not seem to want to be there

Senior Buyer Interview

Recruited through outside company; interview process was fairly quick and painless. First met with the hiring manager, was then brought back in for a second interview. Offer followed within about a week. The entire process took less than one month.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are "situational", so they will ask how you addressed a problem with specific examples.   Answer Question

Account Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Was interviewed one day and offered position the next. Lowballed on salary which I accepted because I was desperate. In interview process my future supervisor (who had only been there a couple months) never made any eye contact with me. It was strictly HR who ran the show. Later found out there was office politics involved in my hiring and if I had known the whole story and wasn't desperate would have passed on the job.

No negotiation phase. Position was advertised as a II/III which was a farce because I was never promoted. Supervisor kept changing the requirements for me to be promoted so I finally gave up. Devious and dishonest.

Value Stream Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in February 2012.

Dealt with a recruiter, so I initially was screened through him. After this, I talked with the hiring manager over the phone. After this, an onsite was scheduled. The recruiter stated to get a book about top-grading since this is what the Crane does. I read the book as it discusses the CIDs interview. Book only costs $15 to 20. Buy it, read it, and you'll do well. Be honest with your answers. It is also funny as they do not top grade as much as they say the do. And they do not hire 'A' players.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness and/or area of improvement that you need?   View Answer
    Recruiter got me what I wanted after some simple negotiations that you needed to justify.

Supply Chain Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Submitted my application in February and received a called from hiring manager in May to schedule panel interview. Took another 3 weeks to be presented an offer along with an additional 2 weeks to submit drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what qualities you disliked from your previous manager?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in January 2011.

It started with an test about op-amp circuits and basic programming questions for about half an hour. Then the HR manager and two other engineers in the department came in and start the interview. HR manager giving some behavioral questions like give an example of your leadership and how you qualify for this position. The engineers asked some technical question and ask me to draw the circuit on the white board when I'm explaining my school project.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in January 2014.

I was first contacted by e-mail to see if I was still interested in the position. I then went through an hour phone screen session and was then asked to make a campus visit. The interview was in CIDS (Chronological In Depth Interview) and about three hours long. It consisted of about five managers and myself. They all had a copy of my resume and a questionnaire they filled out while I spoke. They told me before hand the type of interview it would be. The whole process start to finish took about 5 weeks. It was over the holidays, so I suspect that is why the process took so long.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a teacher you did not get along with? Why?   Answer Question
    They offered me exactly what I had been paid in my last job and I was very surprised by that. Make sure you do your research on the "market" price for that position and ask at least 5k more than that.

Contrac Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Standard, phone interview followed by one on one with the hiring manager, then a panel interview and a site visit with another CA