Crane Aerospace & Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.8

Systems Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Burbank, CA).

Interview

I had two phone interviews and one on-site interview with two managers and one peer. The interview questions were fair and mostly were about your academic and working history. They will pop technical questions as you explain certain responsibilities in your work history, so there weren't a separate section just to get technical. You also get a tour of the Burbank facility. Their systems test lab is world class, very organized, clean and very modern. The manufacturing equipment don't look very advanced however, but it's normal in many industrial companies. However, I had a very negative experience after the interview. It took Crane more than 2 weeks to follow up with their decision, but when they called, the quoted ball park salary figure changed. I tried negotiating like every job, and received an upsetting call directly from the hiring manager and he said "it sounded as if it was all about the money" and threatened to withdraw the offer. I don't think I was professionally handled, and I wasn't about to join such a team at a valuation below my own. Therefore I kept looking.

Interview Questions

• What was the proudest accomplishment in your college career/your current company.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Pensacola, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Went through two calls and was told that the next would be from Ops manager. Their internal Recruiter said that I met all of the requirements for the Material Manager and was qualified for the position. Next call Never happened, called the recruiter and was told that the Ops manager decided on other candidate. Two weeks later, new job posting changed Job name from Materials Manager to Materials & Procurement Manager. Called their internal recruiter and was told that if qualified I would get a call, but she did not think so. No other information was provided. Don't believe that they really wanted an external hire, but we're going through the paces to meet some kind of requirement.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my resume, previous employment and whether I knew what the produced.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Burbank, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

1) Applied Online. 2) Received a call direct from the Supervisor asking if I could on the spot have a short phone interview. 3)After the phone interview they ask me if could come for a 1:1: interview. 4)During the interview they took me for a tour around the facility.The Tech area is very small. 5) After the interview they told that I would have a second round of interview. 6)Asked for update status. 7)Never got a replay back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions.Nothing really hard or absurd.Fair questions. Personal life questions, like ,why are you leaving your current job,what kind of salary.are you looking for and ,would you stay for the long term.They sound like nice people but one sound a little bit stress out.That a least the vibe a felt at the moment.   Answer Question

Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Lynnwood, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Called me to set up a phone interview within the hour. I returned the call and it worked-out but I wasn't prepared to bring my "A" game. Salary Negotiation started on subsequent calls before the face to face interview. Had a panel interview that was rescheduled a couple times that seemed to have good results. Never got a call back after leaving voice mails and several emails, nothing: Not even a Delivery or Read receipt. I would expect an answer within a month; one way or the other. Nothing. I would expect a reply to the emails with some explanation of why it was taking so long, Nothing. I would expect a return call. Nothing. Poor form from the very start.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was with HR. Super quick - only 30 mins. Walked through resume, asked about career interests. Second interview was with hiring manager. Super easy. No behavioral questions. Manager spent 30 mins talking about the projects and the team's role, and then the other 30 mins were for me to ask her questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your career interests? What is your desired pay rate? Are you good at multitasking? Tell me about your programming experiences.   Answer Question

Electronic Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Pretty much any lie to get me aboard ASAP. (Their program was in trouble and customer was probably threatening non-renewal months before I interviewed). Gradually over a 4 yr. period I became aware of how they deceive their customers and employees. Preach integrity but is mostly non-existent.

Engineer Interview

Interview

They ask most of the questions from undergraduate, even if you have advanced degree. No technical questions at all. Looks like they standard questionnaire. They only ask behavioral questions specifically from undergraduate projects.

Senior Buyer Interview

Interview

Recruited through outside company; interview process was fairly quick and painless. First met with the hiring manager, was then brought back in for a second interview. Offer followed within about a week. The entire process took less than one month.

Interview Questions

• Questions are "situational", so they will ask how you addressed a problem with specific examples.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in January 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by e-mail to see if I was still interested in the position. I then went through an hour phone screen session and was then asked to make a campus visit. The interview was in CIDS (Chronological In Depth Interview) and about three hours long. It consisted of about five managers and myself. They all had a copy of my resume and a questionnaire they filled out while I spoke. They told me before hand the type of interview it would be. The whole process start to finish took about 5 weeks. It was over the holidays, so I suspect that is why the process took so long.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a teacher you did not get along with? Why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me exactly what I had been paid in my last job and I was very surprised by that. Make sure you do your research on the "market" price for that position and ask at least 5k more than that.

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Interview

Had several interviews via phone, face to face. Long process, panel interview but most people had to leave after 30 minutes. Went over background, schooling, favorite subjects & qualifications. Some did not seem to want to be there