Crane Aerospace & Electronics

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in May 2011.

I was initially contacted by HR, stating they had received my resume and wanted to know if I was interested in a summer internship. To this day we have not established where they obtained my resume. During this initial call we established my educational engineering interests and projects, and then set a time for a phone interview with the engineering hiring manager.

During the phone interview with the manager, we talked about how Crane functioned and what the team was like. We discussed my projects and future goals. About a 45 minute call. Two weeks later I was contacted to come in for an in-person interview with both the original HR rep and the engineering manager.

The in-person interview lasted just over an hour, and was about half interview, half tour. Questions were VERY specific about details of projects I worked on, and some basic HR questions like what kind of work environment I did best in, how I like to be evaluated, etc.

A week and some change later, I was contacted by the HR rep and offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • What has been your proudest achievement in your education?   Answer Question
Because I was an entry-level summer intern, I did not attempt to negotiate my salary.