Crane Co.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiting Manager Interview

Recruiting Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Crane Co. in November 2012.

Interview Details – Sumbitted online application.Contacted aftewr 1 month did 2 interviews.I was offered job.Background check and drug screen took 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Could I bring over Owner Operators from previous position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – so easy that I didn;t ask enough questions about company and the position.

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Blue Ash, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Crane Co. in February 2014.

Interview Details – Things will seem like any other company. They take a while get through a process and make a decision. It is not until you get to the in person interview, that you truly get an impression of what kind of company Crane is. It is like there is some secret code you need to "fit" into their organization, regardless of experience.

Interview Question – The in person interview process is like a combination of CSI and this is your life. I have been out of school over 20 years and they started in High School and College. Then, they start going through jobs that you had, that were not even on your resume. Having you carefully walk through each one. What did you do? What did you like? What didn't you like? When did you fail? When did you succeed? What didn't you like about your boss? What would your boss say about you? Can we call your old boss? It went on like this for 4 hours, each time asking if they can call your old bosses, to see your reaction. Hoping to dig up some rotten corpse in your background, that will give them some idea of who you were 15 years ago, regardless of who you are now. Leads one to wonder if it is just as tedious to work there, and try to get anything accomplished. Complete and utter waste of time. Instead of trying to build trust and have an honest progression towards a possible offer, it instead turned into a life audit. Very unimpressed.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

Interviewed at Crane Co.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting

Interview Question – Why vertical marketing?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Crane Co..

Interview Details – Very Organized. Pre-screening through phone followed by almost a 3 hour chronological in-depth interview. One should be well prepared.

Interview Question – Related to personality/managing people/situation based.   Answer Question

Business Systems Manager Interview

Business Systems Manager
Potsdam, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Crane Co..

Interview Details – It was a one on one campus interview. The interviewer told me that they will get back to me within weeks. However, after a month a HR staff from another department took a phone interview. and after that they never got back. The questions were mainly situation based question

Interview Question – Tell me the development areas of your previous manager?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Burbank, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Crane Co..

Interview Details – The interview process starts as a phone interview with a couple managers. If the interview goes well, you get an email to schedule an on site interview. On site, you take a tour of the facility, then sit down with the managers who you initially spoke with on the phone.

Interview Question – Questions were scenario based, not technical. Questions were not unexpected, a good thing would be to review some manufacturing processes if you are not a manufacturing engineer, or do not have a production background.   Answer Question

CBS Manager Interview

CBS Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Crane Co. in June 2011.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews. On site and Off site

Interview Question – Where so you see yourself in 15 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations offered. But Amenities provided later like housing, Travel, etc.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Crane Co. in January 2011.

Interview Details – An initial phone interview reviewing my resume and experiences related to their operations.

Interview Question – What are some of the process improvements you made and how were the results measured?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Crane Co. in November 2011.

Interview Details – Started with phone screen, then 1:1 then panel interview. Panel was 6 hours long w/ a 5 ppl panel. 1st 1/2 was skill based - then we took a break and I had to eat lunch and wait to see if I would be invited back to the 2nd 1/2 - which I was. The 2nd half is behavioral. It's a LONG interview............but if you can give examples of your skills and experience, you will do fine.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed at an assignment and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Worked for Crane Co.? Contribute to the Community!