Crate and Barrel Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (Riverside, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, second was in person with two people. They asked pretty basic questions that are asked in most interviews in the Customer Service/ Retail sector. I found the first interviewer (which was over the phone) to be pretty unfriendly and apathetic during the call, which made the experience more stressful. The second interviewers were much friendlier.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening that lasted for maybe 15 minutes. After the phone screening was over, I was asked to come in for an in person interview later on that week. When I first came in, they asked me to wait for the person who'd be interviewing me. I walked around the store awkwardly touching things for 15 minutes. I came in for the interview and everything went very smoothly. I had a really casual and laidback conversation with a manager. I was offered the job on the spot. Told that it was seasonal but could become permanent with hard work.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (New York, NY).

Interview

I filled out an application and submitted to the store. A HR person called me to meet them. The 1-on-1 meeting was very easy.

The process has changes since then. There had been group interviews in the past.

Also, applications are no long available at the store. People are told to apply directly online for jobs.

Interview Questions

• Describe an incident where you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and got a call from a HR person who asked to meet for a 1-on-1 meeting. Meet with Stock Manager for a meeting in the store which was easy. Was pretty much hired at the end of the interview. Overall the experience was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? If I were to call your past employers what would they say about you? What relevant experience do you have to this job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Crate and Barrel.

Interview

Set up through Creative Circle. Onsite interview with 3-4 staff members. It was fairly laid back, and the staff members were nice. We did not really go over my portfolio work, they just asked me a series of questions. It was a very stress free environment.

Interview Questions

• What specific publication do you read to keep up with UX trends   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days after from HR for a phone interview/screening. Was asked to an in-person interview with the store Sales Manager straight after answering questions.

Phone interview was your standard retail/customer service interview - Why you want to work at C&B? Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer? What previous experience do you have. In-person interview with store Sales Manager was brief but less formal than the phone interview - more to check personality fit. Was offered a job immediately after in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Very standard retail/customer service questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (Northbrook, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The process went well and I thought the interview was a breath of fresh air. I sat in a room with a few people and we basically just talked software and code for awhile. It clicked. Make sure you know your stuff from the resume or I can see this being pretty rough.

Interview Questions

• What is TDD and have you ever been in a team that used it? Interestingly enough... they don't.   Answer Question
    • Questions about dependency injection.   Answer Question
    • Questions about different forms of caching.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

They will call you, have you come in a ton of times, string you along, and then probably not hire you. they pay about 25% under market value, will work you a ton with no flex time for all your extra hours, and give 5 lousy vacation days. They expect you to be on call EVERY WEEKEND!!!

Interview Questions

• The interviewers talked more about their own experience rather than ask about mine. I got the sense they weren't even qualified to interview me or even know the right questions to ask, so they just yammered on about themselves.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Towson, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online called in for an interview a few days later. My interview went well. I really enjoyed it. My interviewer was nice, it was professional and personable. I'm waiting for a call back. I just can't work 2 evenings a week because of school, that's my only setback. We will see :-)!

Interview Questions

• What job did I dislike the most and why?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Crate and Barrel in October 2014.

Interview

First I got a call from the company representative requesting me to come for personal interview and bring my CV , then at the time of interview the Manager was able to interview me in the right time , we discuss about my previous working experience. She also asked me on how do I deal when it comes in selling retail products. It was a very healthy conversation and she said just be true to us and we will give you some pointers and training about the work that the company requires.... after 3 days they start the training for Seasonal Employees.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really.. I was able to handle all the questions that the interviewer asked me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We never discuss the salary but it's above the minimum wage in California area.