Crate and Barrel Interview Questions

2.2

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Crate and Barrel.

I filled out an application and submitted to the store. A HR person called me to meet them. The 1-on-1 meeting was very easy.

The process has changes since then. There had been group interviews in the past.

Also, applications are no long available at the store. People are told to apply directly online for jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an incident where you provided excellent customer service.   View Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Crate and Barrel.

Set up through Creative Circle. Onsite interview with 3-4 staff members. It was fairly laid back, and the staff members were nice. We did not really go over my portfolio work, they just asked me a series of questions. It was a very stress free environment.

Interview Questions
    • What specific publication do you read to keep up with UX trends   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crate and Barrel in December 2014.

Applied online and received a call a few days after from HR for a phone interview/screening. Was asked to an in-person interview with the store Sales Manager straight after answering questions.

Phone interview was your standard retail/customer service interview - Why you want to work at C&B? Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer? What previous experience do you have. In-person interview with store Sales Manager was brief but less formal than the phone interview - more to check personality fit. Was offered a job immediately after in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Very standard retail/customer service questions.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Crate and Barrel in November 2014.

They will call you, have you come in a ton of times, string you along, and then probably not hire you. they pay about 25% under market value, will work you a ton with no flex time for all your extra hours, and give 5 lousy vacation days. They expect you to be on call EVERY WEEKEND!!!

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers talked more about their own experience rather than ask about mine. I got the sense they weren't even qualified to interview me or even know the right questions to ask, so they just yammered on about themselves.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Crate and Barrel in October 2014.

First I got a call from the company representative requesting me to come for personal interview and bring my CV , then at the time of interview the Manager was able to interview me in the right time , we discuss about my previous working experience. She also asked me on how do I deal when it comes in selling retail products. It was a very healthy conversation and she said just be true to us and we will give you some pointers and training about the work that the company requires.... after 3 days they start the training for Seasonal Employees.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really.. I was able to handle all the questions that the interviewer asked me.   View Answer
    We never discuss the salary but it's above the minimum wage in California area.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Crate and Barrel in October 2014.

I applied online called in for an interview a few days later. My interview went well. I really enjoyed it. My interviewer was nice, it was professional and personable. I'm waiting for a call back. I just can't work 2 evenings a week because of school, that's my only setback. We will see :-)!

Interview Questions
    • What job did I dislike the most and why?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Smooth hiring process, got called back on the day of (because that branch was in need of more sales) and came in the following week for an interview. Was offered a position by the end of the week. Standard sales position questions.

I decided I was looking for other opportunities.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crate and Barrel.

The interview is casual and friendly they will ask about your schedule. They pre screened me in a phone call and then interviewed me in person. They seemed very nice and it was a very comfortable interview.

No negotiation possible

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crate and Barrel.

I applied through a Craigslist ad and got called for a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to an in-person interview that same week. The interview went well. I really connected with the manager. I got a call that afternoon with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to dealing with your coworkers?   View Answer
    No opportunity to negotiate.

Furniture Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crate and Barrel in August 2014.

The phone interview was an informative time of discovery where the interviewer asked insightful questions and I was able to ask questions to learn more about the company and job description.