Crate & Barrel Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Crate & Barrel.

I applied through a Craigslist ad and got called for a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to an in-person interview that same week. The interview went well. I really connected with the manager. I got a call that afternoon with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to dealing with your coworkers?   View Answer
    No opportunity to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Crate & Barrel in August 2014.

The girl was incredibly nice. She was eager to talk about the company and why she enjoyed working there. She had pages of questions... probably 40 or more. It took almost an hour. For the first interview, we sat in the middle of the store, with customers and other employees walking around and listening.

Interview Questions
    • What are your expectations for a day on the job? (The question I planned to ask her.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crate & Barrel in June 2014.

There were a total of three interviews. The first was on the phone with a manager, we set up an in store interview. Then after that, came the second in store interview. THEN I met with the general manager three days later, she told me to give her two hours after meeting with her. The first manager I met with called me thirty minutes later and offered me the job :) They ask the usual retail questions.. Make sure you know the history of the establishment! It's definitely a plus!

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Crate and Barrel?   View Answer
    Very upfront about what to expect from them..

Department Manager Interview

A phone interview and then 2 in person interviews. The first in person interview was with the assistant manager and the second was with the store manager. I was given an offer at the end of the second interview.

Call Center Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Crate & Barrel in May 2013.

. I applied 2 weeks before and I got a call with HR which was very upfront and then scheduled in for a 1:1 The manager was very friendly and personable. The interview was relaxed and more like a chat than an interview. The interview lasted not more than 40 minutes . I got a call and job cthe same day.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult just basic customer care and was a call center environment is.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Crate & Barrel.

Very paper driven process which is kind of weird in 2014. Turned in paper application to physical location. Met with sales manager who interviewed from very standard question set. I could have been applying for ANY customer service job they were so generic. When entering the store I always look to see if employees are smiling/happy or look haggard/angry/upset. Luckily most everyone at this store gets along and are happy people regardless of what's going on. Very low stress.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing crazy or unexpected from interview. Really was text book customer service questions. I thought they were really boring and anyone could have memorized what to answer.   Answer Question
    None, hourly rate provided

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Crate & Barrel.

I applied online and got contacted back in three days for a phone interview but I had to follow up several times before setting up the actual interview. Interview itself wasn't bad -- it was my first so I was nervous but all of them were behavioral and nothing too out of the blue.
    I wish the process had been more smooth though -- it was very frustrating to keep following up and not get any responses.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Crate & Barrel in March 2014.

I applied online and a week later I received an email asking for a phone interview. The same day, I did the phone interview. It went well and got asked to come in store to do a one on one interview with the Sales Manager. The interview wasn't that bad. She just asked a few a questions. She asked me to talk about the experiences and what were my duties. She also asked me why I wanted to worked in Crate and Barrel. After she asked questions, she asked me to take a product on the floor and try to sell it to her as if she was a customer and so I did. After she said that she was sold. The interview took about 30 minutes. She walked me out and she said that there was going to be another interview if I was chosen. Two days after, I received a call to come in for a last interview. There was 6 other candidates. I came in a few days later and I was later for 3 minutes because I lived fairly far. Two people interviewed me this time, one was a Merchandise Manager. They only asked me 2 questions about focused on customer service. It took like 15 minutes overall. They Merch Manager noticed that I was a few minutes late and told me that attendance is really important. A week later I got a letter in the mail that said that I didn't get the job. I thought I did really well on the interview though but I think that Merchandise Manager didn't pick me because I was late. But I lived far and it took me like an hour to get there and it was a $10 trip for me. It was a waste of time honestly because I put time and money into come to only be interviewed for 15 minutes. BS really. My trip there was way longer.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Crate & Barrel.

Applied in store using paper application. Was called back to schedule interview. Interviewed in store, was hired at the end of the interview. Staff was very friendly to me throughout the process, and seemed to really enjoy their jobs.

Interview Questions
    • It was a pretty standard interview, focused mainly on customer service situations. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase, I was offered a position and hourly rate, which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Crate & Barrel in November 2013.

Phone interview and then in person interview at the store.

No negotiations possible. 10.00 an hour even if you have NO experience and the same pay if you ran a business yourself for many years. They simply don't care.

Worked for Crate & Barrel? Contribute to the Community!