Crate and Barrel Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.1

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Crate and Barrel in October 2014.

Interview

First I got a call from the company representative requesting me to come for personal interview and bring my CV , then at the time of interview the Manager was able to interview me in the right time , we discuss about my previous working experience. She also asked me on how do I deal when it comes in selling retail products. It was a very healthy conversation and she said just be true to us and we will give you some pointers and training about the work that the company requires.... after 3 days they start the training for Seasonal Employees.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really.. I was able to handle all the questions that the interviewer asked me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We never discuss the salary but it's above the minimum wage in California area.

Other Interview Reviews for Crate and Barrel

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied through a Craigslist ad and got called for a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to an in-person interview that same week. The interview went well. I really connected with the manager. I got a call that afternoon with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to dealing with your coworkers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No opportunity to negotiate.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very paper driven process which is kind of weird in 2014. Turned in paper application to physical location. Met with sales manager who interviewed from very standard question set. I could have been applying for ANY customer service job they were so generic. When entering the store I always look to see if employees are smiling/happy or look haggard/angry/upset. Luckily most everyone at this store gets along and are happy people regardless of what's going on. Very low stress.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing crazy or unexpected from interview. Really was text book customer service questions. I thought they were really boring and anyone could have memorized what to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, hourly rate provided

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Take note that this is for one of the outlets, not the store.

I applied to a job posting online through indeed.com, which led me to the company's website. A few days later, I got a call from the store's manager asking me about a time we could set up an interview. Three days later, the interview happened. It wasn't really much of an interview, but more of a store tour and description of the job. Towards the end, the manager had me fill out the application again (we chatted a bit while I filled out the required information), and he told me that he would "definitely" call me back--which he did a few days later. He asked if I was still interested in the position and told me to come a few days later to fill out some more paperwork.

Overall, the experience was great. I felt comfortable talking with the manager--it was almost like talking to a friend. Very laid back.

Interview Questions

• He just asked about my previous retail experience. I had very little, but made it known that my first job was a seasonal position that required me to work fast in a hi-traffic environment, which I think he liked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. I wasn't going to complain with the little experience I had. Pays well above minimum wage.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Crate and Barrel.

Interview

I filled out an application and submitted it in person to the store. I was called for an interview with the store manager. I had to convey why I wanted to work there as opposed to any other retail store for the seasonal holiday time. I had a lot of experience with Crate & Barrel since I was recently married and registered there, so I knew their merchandise intimately which helped in the interview. I have a great interest in decorating, design and very outgoing which store manager liked. Another KEY point is you must be available to work many hours around the holidays, especially day after Christmas. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - take it or leave it. Just above minimum wage. I came back for the next season and got an increase.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy interview. Very casual. Mostly went over resume and discussed past retail experience.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crate and Barrel.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I was called a week later and had a phone interview another week later. During my phone interview I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• How did you help a customer at your previous job when a manager was not available to help?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (Miami, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Very easy process... handed in my application in person, got an interview within a few days and an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

First you will be contacted via phone interview. They will ask you about previous work experience, especially customer service. Followed by asking you a little about yourself to get a feel for who you are. If they think you are a fit they will ask you to come in for a one on one interview. On that day you will be asked questions like if you were working in the store how would you sell a glass to a customer? Why do you want to work for Crate & Barrel? If selected they will explain the pay to you and ask if you would like to start.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crate and Barrel (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

A phone interview will be conducted to screen you and make sure that you are a fit for the company and store you are applying for. They will look for the way you answer questions and the feel they get form the way you answer questions. If they like what they hear they will invite you in for a one on one where they can personally see you and see if you a fit for sales or merchandise (stock) team. If all works out you will then be told that pay and when the raining will be.