Cravath Swaine

www.cravath.com

Cravath Swaine Interview Questions

3.1

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cravath Swaine.

Process took over two months (due to travel delays). I interviewed twice at Cravath, and each time I was quickly notified of the future interviews. I interviewed with three people each time, and each set of interviews lasted about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Beware that travel costs are not covered by the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to be a legal assistant, especially given the long hours and difficult work?   Answer Question

Corporate Legal Assistant Interview

Easy questions, very behavioral and resume based

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cravath Swaine.

Came in as a lateral hire upon a former partner's recommendation so interview process was very relaxed and different from traditional recruitment process. Interview was with two recruitment partners - very conversational and fit-based. Offer made on the spot with emailed offer letter the following day.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cravath Swaine.

I got the interview through a recruiter. I had to take a couple of computer skills tests, and then met one on one with an person from HR. After the interview, I never heard back. I e-mailed her to follow-up and never received a response. Very unprofessional. At least send an e-mail saying I'm not right for the job.

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Two on-site interviews. The first was with HR and the two heads of legal assistants; pretty straightforward strength/weakness questions. Lots of resume review. The second round was with an associate, a case manager, and a legal assistant.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you were working on a team and something went wrong.   Answer Question

Corporate Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cravath Swaine in February 2013.

I was offered an interview through Cravath's college recruiting system. The interview was rather basic with two current employees at the firm (one was the direct supervisor of legal assistants and the other was the head of HR). The interview consisted mostly of résumé related questions, though there were a few behavioral ones. The interview was a bit odd, as the commentary given by the interviewers were focused on how "hellish" the job would be...

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep yourself motivated if you are doing something very, very boring?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cravath Swaine in February 2011.

Meeting with many people, lot of situational questions

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cravath Swaine in February 2010.

Inquisitive associates who were looking to you to be the person who can take charge and deliver high quality work.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your greater strength and your weakeness.   View Answer
    Well, they told you what they were willing to give and you had a take or leave it opportunity.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cravath Swaine in May 2009.

Interviewed over 4 times - People seemed nice and the environment was sterile but impressive. A lot of technical and situational questions. They had some skill in interviewing and were looking for a specific "type" of person for the role. HR was very cordial and professional. The department staff were autocratic and stoic.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle situations when a coworker asks you to comprimise your integrity?   View Answer
    Was promised several things that were never delivered. All of which was blamed on external economic factors. Advice... get it in writing!

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cravath Swaine in May 2009.

A recruiter contacted me, submitted my resume. At the interview, I met with the HR person and then my future boss. They asked me routine questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. After talking to me for a few minutes and going over my resume, my future boss showed me around and introduced me to the Helpdesk team. Two days later, I was made and offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    No. I was not able to negotiate. However, as my boss promised during the interview, after 3 months I got a one thousand dollar raise.