Cravath Swaine

Interview Question – What is your ideal work environment   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cravath Swaine in February 2010.

Interview Details – Inquisitive associates who were looking to you to be the person who can take charge and deliver high quality work.

Interview Question – Describe your greater strength and your weakeness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Well, they told you what they were willing to give and you had a take or leave it opportunity.

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cravath Swaine in May 2009.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me, submitted my resume. At the interview, I met with the HR person and then my future boss. They asked me routine questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. After talking to me for a few minutes and going over my resume, my future boss showed me around and introduced me to the Helpdesk team. Two days later, I was made and offer which I accepted.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. I was not able to negotiate. However, as my boss promised during the interview, after 3 months I got a one thousand dollar raise.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cravath Swaine.

Interview Details – Came in as a lateral hire upon a former partner's recommendation so interview process was very relaxed and different from traditional recruitment process. Interview was with two recruitment partners - very conversational and fit-based. Offer made on the spot with emailed offer letter the following day.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cravath Swaine.

Interview Details – I got the interview through a recruiter. I had to take a couple of computer skills tests, and then met one on one with an person from HR. After the interview, I never heard back. I e-mailed her to follow-up and never received a response. Very unprofessional. At least send an e-mail saying I'm not right for the job.

Interview Question – Why don't you want to go to law school anymore?   Answer Question

Corporate Legal Assistant Interview

Corporate Legal Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cravath Swaine in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was offered an interview through Cravath's college recruiting system. The interview was rather basic with two current employees at the firm (one was the direct supervisor of legal assistants and the other was the head of HR). The interview consisted mostly of résumé related questions, though there were a few behavioral ones. The interview was a bit odd, as the commentary given by the interviewers were focused on how "hellish" the job would be...

Interview Question – How do you keep yourself motivated if you are doing something very, very boring?   Answer Question

Attorney, 1st-Year Interview

Attorney, 1st-Year
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cravath Swaine in February 2009.

Interview Details – tough full day interviews

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Litigation Legal Assistant

Interviewed at Cravath Swaine

Interview Details – Two on-site interviews. The first was with HR and the two heads of legal assistants; pretty straightforward strength/weakness questions. Lots of resume review. The second round was with an associate, a case manager, and a legal assistant.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you were working on a team and something went wrong.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
New City, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cravath Swaine in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed over 4 times - People seemed nice and the environment was sterile but impressive. A lot of technical and situational questions. They had some skill in interviewing and were looking for a specific "type" of person for the role. HR was very cordial and professional. The department staff were autocratic and stoic.

Interview Question – How do you handle situations when a coworker asks you to comprimise your integrity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was promised several things that were never delivered. All of which was blamed on external economic factors. Advice... get it in writing!

Litigation Legal Assistant Interview

Litigation Legal Assistant
New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cravath Swaine in February 2011.

Interview Details – Meeting with many people, lot of situational questions

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cravath Swaine

Worked for Cravath Swaine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cravath Swaine interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cravath Swaine employees and interview candidates.