Cray

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Service Specialist Interview

Administrative Service Specialist
Milpitas, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cray in December 2013.

Interview Details – Cray acquired my company and proceeded assign and re-title as they pleased with no interview process.

Interview Question – Decisions about me were made without my consent.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None avaiable.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Cray.

Interview Details – Basic phone interview asking about my resume

Interview Question – Pretty much just explained my resume in detail to the PR person   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer IV Interview

Software Engineer IV
Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Cray in March 2008.

Interview Details – I came into the company as a contractor, then later was hired full-time.
For this reason, the interview process was somewhat abbreviated.
The interview process for non-contractors is very rigorous. Multiple interviews. Difficult technical questions.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions are the theoretical "what if" type. These are designed to see how you think and evaluation of answers is quite naturally ver subjective.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My advice is that it's always easier to negotiate higher compensation during the offer phase as the company has already decided it wants to hire you.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cray.

Interview Details – Phone screening and technical interview. Recruiters came to U o M.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cray in April 2012.

Interview Details – I found the position online, submitted a resume via e-mail and was contacted for the interview (phone). The interviwer let me know that there would be numerous steps and that he would try t oset up further discussions with next level managers if they were available locally. during this process, there was a restructuring push from upper management and the position was likely to be removed from outside fulfillment.

Interview Question – How familiar are you with Supercomputing and the requirements fo fulfilling government service contracts?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cray.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, one with HR and with my manager in between 10 days. Offer came 5 days after that.

Interview Question – Why is GPU programming difficult?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cray in January 2011.

Interview Details – I got my resume to someone within Cray, and soon received a call inviting me for an on-site interview. I initially did 8 individual interviews with three different groups. Each lasted about 30 minutes, with each interviewer very different. There weren't all that many technical questions, there was more of a focus on looking over my resume and determining my interests. I was then invited back for another round of interviews with two of the three original groups. This consisted of 6 individual interviews, each 45 minutes long. These interviews were much the same as the earlier individual interviews, with few technical questions and more personality questions. I was informed that they would be adding on an additional interview at the end of the day, which was to be with a more senior manager. He told me that they would make their decision that day, that they wanted to make me an offer, and that they would inform me within 24 hours about where they wanted to put me. It ultimately took them about 10 days to get back to me, and they did not make me an offer.

Interview Questions

• You have a gold bar that's segmented into 7 pieces (like a chocolate bar). You need to pay someone each day for 7 days, you must pay them the entire gold bar by the end of the week, and you must pay them an equal amount each day. You may only break the bar in two places. How do you do it?   View Answer
  • What is (memory) paging?   Answer Question

Worked for Cray? Contribute to the Community!