Crazy 8 Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crazy 8 (Katy, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application in store. At this time, the manager asked me to browse the store, pick out my favorite outfit, and then sell it to her as if she were a customer. She made me explain the outfit and promotions going on at the time. She then explained that I would get a call from her assistant manger within the weekend to schedule a group interview. In the interview, it was me along with 3 other candidates, the store manager, and the assistant store manager. We just kind of discussed our backgrounds, work availability, and why we wanted to work there. Then we were put into teams of 2. On the teams, we were assigned certain genders and age groups that we had to go shop for. We had 10 minutes to go around the store and basically pick out anything we wanted. Then we brought it back and presented it to the manager as if she were a customer. We had to have the right sizes and know the prices of all the items we were "selling" to her. Then we had a Q&A time for her to ask more specific questions and for us to ask her questions as well. We heard back within the week.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any retail experience?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Otis, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Crazy 8 (Otis, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. Asked me questions as a standard interview would go. Then was told I would be contact in a few days to follow up. I was also given the opportunity to ask any questions I may have.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crazy 8.

Interview

The spead of the process will depend on the Store Manger or DM at the time. Just be yourself, give real answers to the situational questions. If you are a leader but a team player and love customer service you will do great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given a task that you were not able to complete.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiations, the DM makes the offer and will more than likely state that the offer is fixed or maxed.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Crazy 8 (Gurnee, IL).

Interview

I first had an interview with the store manager. Then the District manager. Then a phone interview with another District Manager. The asked my work history but were more interested in my child hood. What was your favorite outfit growing up? What did your favorite childhood shoes look like? What is your favorite childhood memory?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, they offered money take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crazy 8 (Round Rock, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a two step interview process that was pretty simple. The first interview was with the manager and she asked simple questions about my experience. That same interview, I was brought out to the floor by the manager and was greeted by the assistant manager. I was asked to "sell them" an outfit after the assistant manager pretended to be a customer. It was really fun and I loved getting to experience that. The second interview was with the assistant manager and it really was just to get to know her as well. She asked me a few of the same questions as the manager, reviewed my resume, and essentially told me I had the job. I just had to wait for the call to confirm it which came a few days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Crazy 8.

Interview

I introduced myself to the Hiring Manager and I turned in my application along with my resume. It took a week for her to call back. The interview wasn't hard at all and she asked me very simple questions such as What experience do you have that can contribute to the company? What would you do when dealing with a difficult employee? She was very friendly an understanding . I got a call back a day later saying that I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none,I made minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Crazy 8 (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was simple, paper application. Called me within 3 days and I got the job, not open to hourly wage changes. The manager from Gymboree interviewed me because they are all under the same company. Then I was accepted as a Crazy 8 employee.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Crazy 8 (Mesquite, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume online on 5/23 for ASM position. I was contacted on 6/3 for an interview. I interviewed on 6/5 with the store manager and district manager. Interview lasted about an hour. I got a call with an offer 2.5 hours later.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you find good people?" We were talking about the hiring process and how I would find good employees.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crazy 8 (Newark, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within 48 hours to schedule an interview for the next week. Met with the current store manager and assistant manager. Very friendly and casual interview, lots of laughs. They really try to make you comfortable throughout the whole thing. Interview went smoothly and was told to wait for a call for a second interview. Never received a call back.

Interview Questions

• When we call your last supervisor, describe what you think they'd say.   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Crazy 8 (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were extremely easy for me. I had already worked at Gymboree which is a sister store to crazy 8 so I actually did not have to do an interview at all. I was hired the day after I turned my application in. I then went in and filled out all my paper work and was required to do a background check. I loved everyone I worked with. I just hated how the company required a lot of extra work but didn't give you extra time for the week to do it.