Createspace

Relevance Date Difficulty

Member Services Interview

Member Services
North Charleston, SC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Createspace.

Interview Details – The position was not listed to the public by CreateSpace, you will have to start off as a temp agent through a temporary/ job placement company. You will interview with the job placement agency, and they will submit your information to the client (CreateSpace). You will then have a phone interview and start in the next training class. After training, you will start off as a temp agent until there is a permanent Member Services position is available. You will have to interview for this position. You have two attempts to become permanent or you will lose your job as a temp agent.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Createspace

Interview Details – Interview began with staffing agency screen and then progressed to phone interview with HR manager at Creatspace.

Interview Question – Typical questions, and staffing agency goes over all questions they might ask   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Design Coordinator Interview

Design Coordinator
North Charleston, SC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Createspace in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone call then in person interview. First you have a one on one interview and when that is done, about 5 minutes after, you interview with 2 people. Do not be distracted by their constant typing.

Interview Question – When was a time you didn't meet a deadline?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one.

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

Interviewed at Createspace

Interview Details – Long drawn out interviews. Had three interviews and all three people asked the same questions.

Interview Question – average generic questions   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Support Engineer
Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Createspace in October 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by recruiter initially through linked In who didn't do any pre-screening. Recruiter set up a phone interview with someone from createspace that I would be working with, but didn't provide much details as to what the interview would entail other than to be near a computer. Interviewer called promptly and asked some normal questions about background and difficult experiences, then asked some more technical questions about programming and finally asked me to sign on to a collaborative programming website to write some code.

Interview Question – asked me to sign on to a collaborative programming website to write some Java code that would tell if a given word was a palindrome.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
North Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Createspace in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. I was setup for a telephone interview. The person called me at the prescribed time. She asked me the most "canned" HR questions, such who was my most difficult employee, what was my best feature, etc. I was frankly very surprised by the lack of imagination in a company that is owned by Amazon. She acted very offended by my question about the salary toward the end of the interview. It has been a long time since I have had such a bad interview. She was most definitely not experienced in current interview approaches, especially for a phone interview. She did not have a copy of my resume either. Really bad form.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult decision?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Createspace? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Createspace interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Createspace employees and interview candidates.