Createspace

Updated Dec 27, 2014

3.3

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Createspace.

The position was not listed to the public by CreateSpace, you will have to start off as a temp agent through a temporary/ job placement company. You will interview with the job placement agency, and they will submit your information to the client (CreateSpace). You will then have a phone interview and start in the next training class. After training, you will start off as a temp agent until there is a permanent Member Services position is available. You will have to interview for this position. You have two attempts to become permanent or you will lose your job as a temp agent.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview began with staffing agency screen and then progressed to phone interview with HR manager at Creatspace.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions, and staffing agency goes over all questions they might ask   Answer Question
    None

Coordinator Interview

Long drawn out interviews. Had three interviews and all three people asked the same questions.

Design Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Createspace in September 2013.

Phone call then in person interview. First you have a one on one interview and when that is done, about 5 minutes after, you interview with 2 people. Do not be distracted by their constant typing.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you didn't meet a deadline?   View Answer
    There wasn't one.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Createspace in October 2012.

Was contacted by recruiter initially through linked In who didn't do any pre-screening. Recruiter set up a phone interview with someone from createspace that I would be working with, but didn't provide much details as to what the interview would entail other than to be near a computer. Interviewer called promptly and asked some normal questions about background and difficult experiences, then asked some more technical questions about programming and finally asked me to sign on to a collaborative programming website to write some code.

Interview Questions
    • asked me to sign on to a collaborative programming website to write some Java code that would tell if a given word was a palindrome.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Createspace in June 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. I was setup for a telephone interview. The person called me at the prescribed time. She asked me the most "canned" HR questions, such who was my most difficult employee, what was my best feature, etc. I was frankly very surprised by the lack of imagination in a company that is owned by Amazon. She acted very offended by my question about the salary toward the end of the interview. It has been a long time since I have had such a bad interview. She was most definitely not experienced in current interview approaches, especially for a phone interview. She did not have a copy of my resume either. Really bad form.

Vendor Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Createspace in December 2014.

The process for a management position is an initial phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a day long in-person interview. HR was very nice to work with. I did not receive a couple of emails that were supposed to have been sent to me despite having checked my spam folder. In my case, there was 1 specific aspect of my candidacy that was likely a deal killer, the lack of direct reports I have overseen in my career. Overall I would say that this was a very standard cookie cutter process and was a pleasant experience.