Creative Artists Agency

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Agent Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Creative Artists Agency in May 2010.

Interview Details – They keep you waiting in the lobby for upwards of an hour. It's all part of their culture to make you sweat. Don't worry about it though. Just relax and know that when they get to you, you won't be broken.

Interview Question – Do you want to be an agent?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. They make an offer, you take it.

Mailroom/Reception Interview

Mailroom/Reception
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Creative Artists Agency in May 2014.

Interview Details – The process took about a month. I was called by the HR assistant and then set up an interview with the HR person. She was cold and standoffish at first, but it was a ruse (so don't get shaken by that). In the end she was very helpful and seemed to want to see me succeed. I wasn't finished with school so the position was filled by someone else.

Interview Question – Where do you get your information about the industry?   Answer Question

Mailroom Interview

Mailroom
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Creative Artists Agency in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through an alumni connection and received a call almost immediately following. I met with someone in New York who worked with HR. She asked me questions about my resume and a little bit about why I wanted to work at CAA. She then seemed like she was almost trying to scare me about the job, telling me how many people leave because they can't handle the job and aren't suited for this industry. She made the job completely unappealing and then continued the interview. By that time, I was completely disinterested in the job, which made the rest of the interview slightly painful.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary- very typical interview questions!   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Creative Artists Agency.

Interview Details – My resume was submitted by a friend on a Monday, HR called Tuesday to set the interview for Wednesday. I interviewed with HR and the agent, and took a MS Office skills test. Thursday, they called my references and offered me the job on Friday. It all went very quickly, and HR was great every step of the way.

Interview Question – HR definitely wanted to make sure you can handle the fast-paced, high intensity environment, and ask several different ways how you deal with pressure.   Answer Question

Agent Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Creative Artists Agency.

Interview Details – Initial interview with HR, then they decide if they want to put you in the mailroom, as a floater (an internal temp who covers desks for absent assistants short-term), or directly on a desk working for an agent. If there's an open desk and HR likes you, you meet with the agent and if they like you, you're in. I'd say it's 90% about personality fit and attitude.

Interview Question – This might sound obvious, but depending on what department you're interviewing for, have answers prepared that show you have developed taste and opinions. For a Motion Picture Talent desk, have answers to the question, "What's your favorite movie/actor/director/writer/script?" etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Creative Artists Agency.

Interview Details – Phone call interview, that was it.

Interview Question – very simple and basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They tell you want you will receive beforehand.

Interviewed at Creative Artists Agency

Interview Details – Network your way into someone in the company. They don't list jobs in the traditional places. If you can get the support of any agent you will be hired. They key is getting on a good agents desk. Vet the agents as much as you can, many of them are nightmares. Try to find a mixture of a decent human being and well respected in the industry (very hard to find).

Interview Question – What do you want to do in the industry? Agents want you to stick around, but want assists "aggressive" enough to make their lives easier.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Summer Intern - LA Interview

Summer Intern - LA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Creative Artists Agency.

Interview Details – Applied online and heard back randomly six weeks later - was then requested to take part in a very brief interview over the phone that seemed fairly straight forward and not particularly exciting for the person interviewing me. I understand that they need to interview potentially thousands of candidates, but the interviewer's lack of enthusiasm threw me off. Overall, was happy I didn't get an offer and explored other options.

Interview Question – What is your proudest accomplishment to date?   Answer Question

Assistant to Motion Picture Literary Agent Interview

Assistant to Motion Picture Literary Agent
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Creative Artists Agency.

Interview Details – Extensive...brought in by recruiter but had to meet like 10 people.

Interview Question – What are you afraid of?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it offer

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Creative Artists Agency in July 2013.

Interview Details – Went in for interview through Agent referral. Met with HR and was told to wait for a position to open. Could be a few days or a few months.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just be prepared to say what kinds of publications you're reading.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Creative Artists Agency

Worked for Creative Artists Agency? Contribute to the Community!