Creative Artists Agency Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.8

Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online and got an interview within a week. It was a fairly laid back interview. Asked me about myself, if I knew about the company, what relevant experience I have, etc. It was pretty basic.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Creative Artists Agency (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was done over 1 round on Skype. It was about a half hour long. I would say it was 60% a personality test and 40% experience test. Started off describing you as a person, your interests, and what do you like to do in your free time. It then got into education and experience, and then ended back with more personality type questions.

Mailroom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with an outside recruiting agency then heard from CAA within a week. Interviewed with HR then a couple weeks later got asked to come in to take a skills test and interview with the mailroom managers.

Entry Level Opportunities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Informational Interview - the interview was not an actual job interview, but informational. The HR recruiter asked questions about me, informed me about the company, asked if I had any questions - which I did because I would be relocating across the country if I were to get the position.. The HR recruiter was very nice and answered all of my questions and also told me next steps in the application/hiring process. Because this was not a job interview, I did not receive an offer yet. I will reach out again after I have graduated.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about me, my experience, especially experience working in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Creative Artists Agency in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. I received a call about a week after I sent my resume and a HR woman asked to set up a time for an interview. I did an interview the following week with a HR person who was very nice. She just asked me very basic questions and what departments I wanted to work in.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had issues with any of your previous co-workers' working styles?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Creative Artists Agency.

Interview

I started by completing a typing and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) test. Then, I met with the two executives I would be assisting. Each executive interview lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly standard interview. They didn't spend a lot of time reviewing my skills, most likely since they had all that information on my resume. They spent most of the time going over standard office protocol. And they also make you take a skills test in MS Word and Excel.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of your previous jobs did you enjoy doing most?   Answer Question

Corporate Communications Opportunities - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Creative Artists Agency (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Everyone was very polite! I applied to a general resume submission forum but there was an Assistant position available (which I found out about at the end of the interview). I waited in the main lobby for about 10 minutes and was picked up by the recruiter for my informational interview. We sat down in her office and spoke about my resume, why CAA, my goals and how CAA would get me there, and a bit about the company. Finally at the end, she mentioned the position, what it would be, and who I would be assisting for. Caught off guard, the recruiter walked me to a desk to take a grammar and writing skills assessment test. They also give you a sheet of paper with a few bullet points and want you to create a press release.

Once that was finished about an hour and a half later, I spoke with the Corporate Comm. Executive I would be assisting for. Her questions were a lot more difficult than the recruiter's. She asked many scenario-based questions.

In total, the interview took about 3 hours, so be prepared! I'm just playing the waiting game to hear back now - but I HAVE to answer if I got an offer or not so I'm just saying Yes :)

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer which publications you read to stay up with industry news.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Creative Artists Agency.

Interview

Was called by recruiter 6 months after I submitted a general application (resume + cover letter). Interviewed with head of human resources and the person the assistant position was for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Creative Artists Agency.

Interview

Was referred by a friend who was recently promoted at CAA. Had sent my resume in already and had the friend forward it again to the HR department. There's an online application that I had to complete, and print out a confirmation of completion and bring that along with my resume to the interview.

Got a call about a week later about scheduling the interview, so I went in with the confirmation and resume and had an interview in person in the office.

Interview went pretty well, they ask you about why you want to be an agent, what you think qualifies you, etc. Do some background research on the company, and have an idea of how you're going to sell yourself - also they're going to ask you about what publications you read currently on the music industry, so know what you're going to say.

After a successful interview they basically put me on the backburner for the last 4 months. Advised me it might take one week, or 6 months...depending on what opens up and when. I'm not getting too excited about my chances at this point.

Interview Questions

• What publications do you read currently on the music industry?   Answer Question